*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be a good idea - I know for the last event I went solo and having a chance to meet a few people prior to the party made the actual party a lot more fun as I had people to hang out with and other familiar faces to say hi to as they passed by

Maybe we should try to have a "welcome party" event for like the evening of Wed the 7th that can include adults and teens to meet each other. Maybe at the Poly or the Boardwalk or something

I think that’s a great idea! I think I could help coordinate that instead of a teen only meetup.

I think that’s a great idea! I think I could help coordinate that instead of a teen only meetup.

I have kind of a goofy idea. But I think it might work out well - what about meeting at a value resort - like Pop Century? There’s tons of seating in the food court area and the arcade is nearby for the kids to have fun.

If that’s a dumb idea, I won’t be offended these are just the things I think about at midnight while sipping on a glass of wine.

I have kind of a goofy idea. But I think it might work out well - what about meeting at a value resort - like Pop Century? There’s tons of seating in the food court area and the arcade is nearby for the kids to have fun.

If that’s a dumb idea, I won’t be offended these are just the things I think about at midnight while sipping on a glass of wine.
I think it's a great idea.......and not just because my wife and I are staying at POP :P. There's also a nice sitting area near the main pool, and a bar too. :-)

Please add me to the list for this one.

Doug :goofy:

I think that could actually work out ... I know there was some talk of doing a "welcome drinks at the Pop pool bar" just as so many of us are staying there - so maybe just make this a bit more of an "official unofficial" event and do it there. Could even "hop" over to AoA if people want to as well after

But with the arcade, and dining hall, and even the pool I would think there are things for teens to do (been a while since I was a teen, and wasn't a cool one when I was so probably not the person to speak on what teens want to do though)

Terri and I have submitted our payment for the Party! And now I'll be reneging on a promise made to myself when I was ten years old when my aunt and uncle drove me and too many cousins to the Orlando/Tampa area in a station wagon mid-August from Buffalo. The Magic Kingdom held no magic for me at that time, and I swore I'd never go back in July or August again. Now we live in Lake Placid NY, and if it does hit ninety, it will not last. Oh well, that promise lasted for about forty years. We're looking forward to meeting new friends!

Sorry to be a bother but I noticed that I am still not on the list for the yee ha bob meet up, it will be for 3 people my self ewrtomco my sister carma3 and our mom Rosa

sorry i haven't been around for a while, i've been massively busy taking care of my 91 year old mom who's been in and out of the hospital the past month and on the fun side, having an 8 day blast..

so playing catch up here...

please add us (disneyholic family and MickeyMouseIsKing) to the following:

- Illuminations Viewing
- Disney Springs Lunch (probably not the movie as we'll certainly have seen it by then - if nowhere else then on the disney magic in july)
- World of Animation Nighttime Show Viewing
- Group Photo with the big cheese (i'm listed, but please also add MickeyMouseIsKing)
- Moonlight Magic (we're not direct owners so not entitled to reserve, but would love to go as somone's plus 2 :) )
- Interested in events that Involve a Bar/Lounge (there are certain ones i'm definitely interested in)..

.thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you mom is doing better

i guess you could go for leggings under a sparkly tunic top or something like that...
as you can tell, i don't have a creative bone in my body...

Went to Animal kingdom 2 times during my family last vacation a rode FOP both times. The first time we wore leggings. Second time regular pants. While I had no problems with the regular pants it was definitely more comfortable to get on the ride with the leggings. The leggings made it easier to straddle and move up on the seat. While you feel this isn't creative its the most practical suggestion which I feel is needed if someone wants to experience this most amazing ride again or for the first time.

Sorry to be a bother but I noticed that I am still not on the list for the yee ha bob meet up, it will be for 3 people my self ewrtomco my sister carma3 and our mom Rosa

oops - sorry about that! I have now added you ... thanks for catching this :thumbsup2

Terri and I have submitted our payment for the Party! And now I'll be reneging on a promise made to myself when I was ten years old when my aunt and uncle drove me and too many cousins to the Orlando/Tampa area in a station wagon mid-August from Buffalo. The Magic Kingdom held no magic for me at that time, and I swore I'd never go back in July or August again. Now we live in Lake Placid NY, and if it does hit ninety, it will not last. Oh well, that promise lasted for about forty years. We're looking forward to meeting new friends!

Glad you will be able to make it - and at least the part is at night which should help a bit!

We've been going in August quite a bit recently and while it is hot, if you are prepared and plan to take breaks mid-day we have made it through no problem with people of all ages (from young kids to grandparents)

And hey, even if you focus on pool time and then the party it will still be a great time!

I think it's a great idea.......and not just because my wife and I are staying at POP :P. There's also a nice sitting area near the main pool, and a bar too. :-)

Please add me to the list for this one.

Doug :goofy:

So I have updated the event listing to replace the separate Teen event with this Welcome event for the evening of Wed the 7th at the POP Century Pool/Pool Bar/Arcade and highlighted that it is also for teens to meet each other as well. I kept you, @rchristiansen as the lead for this - hope that is ok. I can help out as well if you need!

@sbenemerito - you were the only other one noted with the teen event as well so I included moved you to this new event, but let me know if it won't work for you

@dkrauss - I added you as well based on your above quoted note

*** Status Update ***

First off - hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday Season!!!

52453.jpg

Second, just a quick update that I wanted to be sure everyone saw ....

Based on comments and suggestions we have scrapped the separate Teen Event and created a general Welcome Event for the evening of Wednesday, the 7th that will be for everyone but also will be a chance for teens and kids of all ages to meet each other. For those that can make it I think this is a great chance to meet people and put faces to names and it just makes it nice for the rest of the week and for at the party to have some people you already know and might run into. Especially for solo travelers or those new to DIS events I think this can be a good one to make!

Per some other discussions about having a meet up at POP (given the number of us staying there) we will hold this event there - at the Pool/Pool Bar/Arcade

Only other update is that I have added this event and doing Hoop Dee Doo on Friday, August 9th to the main schedule. The later isn't locked in stone or anything, but seems like the best date based on those that have opined so far and as we will need to book an ADR for this, I figured it is one of the items to get set first and then can plan other things around it

Let me know if you have any comments or differing thoughts. Thanks!

*** End Status Update ***

So I have updated the event listing to replace the separate Teen event with this Welcome event for the evening of Wed the 7th at the POP Century Pool/Pool Bar/Arcade and highlighted that it is also for teens to meet each other as well. I kept you, @rchristiansen as the lead for this - hope that is ok. I can help out as well if you need!

Sounds good! Yes, let's coordinate together :) That's also the evening of our Anniversary :) I'm thinking we will have to get a cake or something to celebrate.

Sounds good! Yes, let's coordinate together :) That's also the evening of our Anniversary :) I'm thinking we will have to get a cake or something to celebrate.

That would be fun!

I was going back and forth on the time for it - now wondering if maybe better to do it like 4-7pm timeframe or something so people could still do one of the nighttime shows after

I would like to put our names for the meet up at pop century on Aug 7 it will be myself ewrtomco my sister carma3 and our mom rosa

Concerning the DVC event @ AK as stated in a previous post I'm planning registering for this along with my sister ewrtomco and our mother Rosa. If all goes as planned and I'm able to register on June 5th I will be more than happy to add an additional guest as our fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter