Unable to decide!! Which Resort?

DisneyFan79

Daydreaming of Disney :)
Allright, I really need some help here. We are planning a trip for early December to take my mom to Disney for the first time as a Christmas gift. We just returned from a trip there and checked out some of the resorts. Out of the following resorts, which one would you choose and why? We visited the Wilderness Lodge, the Grand Floridian, and the Boardwalk Inn. My mom says she thinks from the pictures she likes the Grand Floridian the best. One of my friends that is going says she likes the Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk. Eventually I will stay at all of these, and it really doesn't matter, but want to make this trip the most magical it can be for my mom. She is big into Christmas and loves all the pics of decorations. PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE!!!:) Thanks so much for any input.:)

One note. We do have a reservation for the Wilderness Lodge as of now. We will also be attending MVMCP and all the Holiday Happening's.

Your mom picked the Grand Floridian- I would go there! The pressure's off- if you picked any other resort- she'd always be wondering what GF was like and if she doesn't like GF (which I doubt she wouldn't) you won't feel bad because you let her choose! My mom would prefer GF just because it reminds her of "olden" times and would bring back alot of memories for her. I say go for GF!!!
Tara

We visited one year when all the Christmas decorations were up and toured most of the resorts. Out of all of them the two most decorated and the most "Christmasy" feeling were the Wilderness Lodge and the Grand Floridian. But I think the Grand Floridian wins in terms of the most "traditional" (for lack of a better word). The Christmas decorations there are very victorian and elegant and that just screams Christmas to me. It's just what I was used to seeing growing up. I'm sure you'll end up loving either one!

Kelly

For a Christmas trip, I'd choose the GF. Now, I'm probably one of the WL's biggest fans, but you can't beat the GF at Christmas, it's just breathtaking. You can visit the WL and see their decoration and sit by the fireplace for a while. But to me the GF screams Christmas!! If we every go back for Christmas, that's where we'll be staying!!!

Hi Bryan,

You will be visiting the same time as DH and I! Since your mother would like GF I would stay there however DH and I love the Wilderness Lodge. It is magnificent during the holidays as are all the resorts. Even if you don't stay at the WL, pop in and see there wonderful Xmas tree.

The GF is the flagship property and it is absolutely lovely! You really can't go wrong with any of your options.

Kim

Thanks everyone for your replies. I talked to my mom and told her this was her trip and she could pick the resort. This past trip we ate at the Whispering Canyon and I am sure we will do the same on this trip and she can check it out. I think she would like the more traditional Christmas decorations. She said she wants to feel like she just stepped into a Victorian Winterwonderland!!!:) Thanks again!!:)

The Grand Floridian for sure! Check out the unbelievable Xmas tree, the carolers, and the gingerbread house (where you can decorate your own cookies). Also, be sure to step outside the front door where the man in the Dickens costume is roasting chestnuts! See the tree and other holiday decorations at:
http://www.wdwig.com/hol_res3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter