Underrated Disney characters?

For underrated but very entertaining, I'd go:

Lewis and Mama Odie - Princess & the Frog

Maximus and the Brad Garret voiced guy - Tangled

Bulda and Grand Pabbie - Frozen

Archimedes from Sword in the Stone. We would all die laughing in the scene where he was laughing.

The King of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland.

José Carioca and the Aracuan from the Three Caballeros. 'Have you been to Bahia' and 'Os Quindins de Yaya' and the Aracuan made up some of my all time favorite Disney movie moments, not to mention the scene where Donald tries to reinflate himself. That would send me and my siblings into hysterics every time!

Archimedes from Sword in the Stone. We would all die laughing in the scene where he was laughing.

The King of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland.

José Carioca and the Aracuan from the Three Caballeros. 'Have you been to Bahia' and 'Os Quindins de Yaya' and the Aracuan made up some of my all time favorite Disney movie moments, not to mention the scene where Donald tries to reinflate himself. That would send me and my siblings into hysterics every time!
Oh my vote is for Archimedes!

"Pin feathers and GULLY FLUFF!!" :rotfl2:

I truly love Hades, it would be so fun to just sit and have tea with the guy. Such sarcasm is super fun.

I also think Maurice from Beauty and the Beast is underrated, he is very supportive of Belle once he sees that Adam makes her happy and he obviously loves her very much.

(ok in the parks merchandise wise i have to say Peter Pan there is hardly anything these days with hime which is odd as he can briefly be met through the day, and featured in parades, and has his own ride, which when you get off has no merchandise lol you are flooded with Tink and her fairy friends lol)
i also have to say flower from Bambi
Max (goofy's son)
Meg from Hercules
and Scuttle from little mermaid

My most underrated is easily Jiminy...such an iconic character but so little presence in the parks and merch-wise. When he showed up as part of Festival of Fantasy I almost cried out "THE GODS ON HIGH ARE JUST!" :teeth:

Count me in as another big fan of Louis from Princess and the Frog and Ray too.

Pete's Dragon is another fave.

Scar from the Lion King is one thing of the greatest Disney characters in my opinion. The way he manipulates Simba and sets him up for the murder of Mufasa is so evil. Andreas Deja is one of my favorite Disney animators and I think Scar is his best character.

Gosh I love Humphrey too!
Don't forget Ranger J. Audubon Woodlore, I really wish he and Humphrey we're meetable at least at the Fort wilderness Resort.

Maid Marian and Robin Hood from Robin Hood! Love those two.
And Wendy Darling as well. It seems nowadays any Peter Pan-related attention goes to Tink and her friends; not Peter, Wendy, Hook, or any of the others. I like Tink, but...:sad2:
I know Aladdin has its own little fan base too, but I can't help but think Jasmine is a little underrated...:sad1:

My most underrated is easily Jiminy...such an iconic character but so little presence in the parks and merch-wise. When he showed up as part of Festival of Fantasy I almost cried out "THE GODS ON HIGH ARE JUST!" :teeth:

Count me in as another big fan of Louis from Princess and the Frog and Ray too.

Pete's Dragon is another fave.

Jiminy is my #2 character, second only to Mickey. I also think Sebastian from Little Mermaid has the best scenes in the movie.

Jiminy is my #2 character, second only to Mickey. I also think Sebastian from Little Mermaid has the best scenes in the movie.
yes, Sebastian from Little Mermais, he's my fave, too! he's the real hero in the movie! And I love Flower from the movie Bambi. Oh and don't forget thumper :)

Last edited:
Definitely Meg from Hercules! She's a fantastic character, but almost never present in the Disney parks. Everybody from Hercules is pretty underrated imo (including Hercules, Phil, Pain, and Panic); Hades is one of the best villains, but I've never seem him around the parks either

Other underrated characters are Esmeralda (she's incredible), Yzma (rivals Hades as the funniest villain), Kronk, Mulan (can't remember seeing her in the parks), Rutt & Tuke from Brother Bear (they're hilarious), Flounder (he's so adorable), Mother Gothel, and everybody from the Black Cauldron (I've never seen anything Black Cauldron related in the parks, Disney store, or anything else Disney-related!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter