Universal now requiring documentation be sent to a third party for accessibility

Update, my IBCCES card no longer says temporary. That was fast. I guess now I wait to hear something from universal.
If you don’t hear from them, just call Universal. People make such a big deal, but it’s really not a problem at all. I called and a TM called me back to review the card that would best suit our needs. The phone call took less than five minutes.

I'm not sure what to do about my daughter. We submitted her 11 page neuro evaluation when this process was first announced. They rejected it and said it wasn't the document they needed (without providing what they wanted). I had read that it only uploaded the 1st page so the next time, I uploaded the the last page with the diagnosis codes, disabilty description and doctor's name. Got the same auto-generated email that it wasn't the right document. Then I emailed them my daughter's IEP and it got the same auto-response without providing any detail as to what they need to see in the document that we haven't already sent (diagnosis, accomodations, doctor's signature). It's been 5-6 weeks now. She did have accommodations under the old system. Can someone tell me what documents they accept? I hate to have to bother my doctor with this since the doctor's office is terrible about responding to messages, but I'm a bit annoyed. We recently renewed our passes and now it seems that my daughter may not be getting much use out of hers.

If you don’t hear from them, just call Universal. People make such a big deal, but it’s really not a problem at all. I called and a TM called me back to review the card that would best suit our needs. The phone call took less than five minutes.
I thought Universal wasn't allowing people to call about this issue since a third-party is running it.

I'm not sure what to do about my daughter. We submitted her 11 page neuro evaluation when this process was first announced. They rejected it and said it wasn't the document they needed (without providing what they wanted). I had read that it only uploaded the 1st page so the next time, I uploaded the the last page with the diagnosis codes, disabilty description and doctor's name. Got the same auto-generated email that it wasn't the right document. Then I emailed them my daughter's IEP and it got the same auto-response without providing any detail as to what they need to see in the document that we haven't already sent (diagnosis, accomodations, doctor's signature). It's been 5-6 weeks now. She did have accommodations under the old system. Can someone tell me what documents they accept? I hate to have to bother my doctor with this since the doctor's office is terrible about responding to messages, but I'm a bit annoyed. We recently renewed our passes and now it seems that my daughter may not be getting much use out of hers.
I submitted the last page of a psychological evaluation which included all my diagnosis and the doctor’s name, so I’m assuming you submitted something very similar to mine. I was accepted 8 days later. It sounds like there might be some kind of glitch in their system with your account. It’s weird that they keep rejecting documents that they accept no problem for others.

Is there a way to contact a real person at IBCCES?

I went to Universal again this weekend and I think everyone is getting their AAP passes now because there was a big difference in the number of guests I saw with one compared to my last visit.

They are also being very lenient about issuing the AAP at the park even if you haven’t filled out the IBCCES application. I overheard two families get approved without the IBCCES while I was getting my AAP. They did specify they would need to apply to IBCCES soon though.

I also asked about HHN accommodations and they told me we would be able to use the same AAP from during the day at HHN. I have the orange AAP and I have no idea if this applies to any other level of accommodation.

Also of note, we kept getting an error when trying to scan the AAP for a ride. I asked the team member about it and they said they’ve been having all kinds of problems with the new system the past month. They still let us through even with the error, but one team member who I guess wasn’t aware of the errors had us in line for awhile trying to scan it. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up so you can be prepared.

So I applied using the IBCCES app today. Seemed pretty straightforward with the questions. Now I wait I guess. I’m interested in how all this is going to work with HHN.
A few pages back discussed this here
She then told me I was approved for life as long as my IBCCES was valid.
Or, as long long as U keeps this System in place
Hey, that's totally fair. I wrote that from my perspective of having a chronic illness that I have accepted as a "for the rest of my life" issue which is not the case for every disability that exists.
Most hearing the same thing when they question it during their call

I'd just start the process over like you haven't done it before. Use a different email address or something to register. They only want one page, and if you submit a note or report from a doctor, they also need the doctors medical license number.

I'd just start the process over like you haven't done it before. Use a different email address or something to register. They only want one page, and if you submit a note or report from a doctor, they also need the doctors medical license number.
Second this suggestion. I think a lot of folks are over doing it. I submitted a 2 sentence note from my doctor saying Vox is a T1 Diabetic and uses a wheelchair. Looked up the doctor number thing and hit submit.

Just for more info: I got the email from IBCCES this morning saying it was approved. I’d already seen it on the app, but it was nice to get the email. As for what I submitted. I went with my ada work accommodations medical form from my doctor. It was originally multiple pages but I’d read about the one page thing. So I just picked and submitted the one page that had my name, the diagnoses and doctors signature/info. Must have been okay as they accepted it. I’ll update when I hear from Universal. I have time as our trip is in October.

I went to Universal again this weekend and I think everyone is getting their AAP passes now because there was a big difference in the number of guests I saw with one compared to my last visit.

They are also being very lenient about issuing the AAP at the park even if you haven’t filled out the IBCCES application. I overheard two families get approved without the IBCCES while I was getting my AAP. They did specify they would need to apply to IBCCES soon though.
Now that is fascinating! With reports of fewer people using it I assumed UOR was weeding people out but maybe the horrible roll out just deterred visitors who needed the program :(

OR

Weren’t there early reports they refused AAPs initially to everyone without at least a temporary IB card? Such a drastic change from that to “very lenient” about not having the card could also explain the change in program usage.

Now that is fascinating! With reports of fewer people using it I assumed UOR was weeding people out but maybe the horrible roll out just deterred visitors who needed the program :(

OR

Weren’t there early reports they refused AAPs initially to everyone without at least a temporary IB card? Such a drastic change from that to “very lenient” about not having the card could also explain the change in program usage.
Yeah I thought it was odd how lenient they were being considering how much effort they seem to be putting in to deter abuse. Maybe so many guests were upset in the parks that they decided to switch to a softer roll out and get stricter over time.

Yeah I thought it was odd how lenient they were being considering how much effort they seem to be putting in to deter abuse. Maybe so many guests were upset in the parks that they decided to switch to a softer roll out and get stricter over time.
Honestly, they did with virtually no notification, which didn't give people time to prepare, not to mention not everyone checks the website about every detail. I know people should do their research, but it doesn't mean that they do and people still need assistance, even if they are unaware of the policy, so there needs to be a balance. Where I could see it going is them saying on the first trip that they don't need the card, but that it will be documented that this courtesy was extended once and they were advised that they would need the card after a period of say 60 or 90 days. Why 60-90 days? This would allow for time to get to the doctor to get the applicable documentation, send it off, etc. and allow for repeat visits in the meanwhile, as these things can take time for some. Leaving legalities of the current system aside, let's pretend that it is definitely legal, if that were the case, then this would strike a good balance.

My girlfriend had her card approved a couple weeks back and received an email asking when it was a good time to call. She provided details and hasn’t heard back since. We’re going to be there late next week so just curious if we can do this ‘interview’ in person at Guest Relations or does it HAVE to be over the phone?
She gets very nervous on the phone and I think she’s panicking and would rather do it in person with me there by her side.

I’m also currently in the UK for work so can’t unfortunately be with her if she were to call/receive a call.

Thank you in advance :)

My girlfriend had her card approved a couple weeks back and received an email asking when it was a good time to call. She provided details and hasn’t heard back since. We’re going to be there late next week so just curious if we can do this ‘interview’ in person at Guest Relations or does it HAVE to be over the phone?
She gets very nervous on the phone and I think she’s panicking and would rather do it in person with me there by her side.

I’m also currently in the UK for work so can’t unfortunately be with her if she were to call/receive a call.

Thank you in advance :)
People have reported being able to do the interview in person. The email I got said if I didn't receive a phone call that the interview could be done in person.

People have reported being able to do the interview in person. The email I got said if I didn't receive a phone call that the interview could be done in person.
That’s great, thank you very much for confirming!

Do you know if these interviews from Universal cover you for both Orlando and Hollywood parks? Or would you have to interview for both separately?

Just for more info: I got the email from IBCCES this morning saying it was approved. I’d already seen it on the app, but it was nice to get the email. As for what I submitted. I went with my ada work accommodations medical form from my doctor. It was originally multiple pages but I’d read about the one page thing. So I just picked and submitted the one page that had my name, the diagnoses and doctors signature/info. Must have been okay as they accepted it. I’ll update when I hear from Universal. I have time as our trip is in October.
Update: Just received the email from Universal asking for the best time to contact me and my trip dates. I replied back so now I wait for the call.

I apologize for my confusion. It seems that this new system (given the name of the third party company) is geared toward cognitive/behavioral disabilities (with references to IEPs/sensory and "education") - the person in my group previously got the AAP (and also DAS) for specific digestive related issues. Is it still possible to get accommodation for this?

I apologize for my confusion. It seems that this new system (given the name of the third party company) is geared toward cognitive/behavioral disabilities (with references to IEPs/sensory and "education") - the person in my group previously got the AAP (and also DAS) for specific digestive related issues. Is it still possible to get accommodation for this?
The third party just verifies that there is a disability - Universal makes the decision as to what, if any, accommodation is offered.

All requests for accommodation must go through the same initial process now, which involves providing some proof to IBCCES. IEPs are only 1 form of proof accepted. For digestive issues I would think a doctor’s note is more appropriate.

Once the proof is accepted granting the IBCCES card, then Universal will determine accommodations. It has been reported that “bathroom” related needs have been denied the AAP. But some have been granted. So it may depend on the situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter