What do you think is the safest way to transfer DGC funds to another gift card? I am going to Disneyland next week and usually transfer big amounts, less than $1000, on 2 DGCs. This trip I'll have just under $1000. But with all the posts about drained cards makes me nervous. Am I better off ordering a card from ShopDisney and transferring everything to that one? Any suggestions?

Just keeping things in perspective, last thing we need are false rumors...

The only drained DGC from recent posts:
Fair Warning: Two reports have been posted of fraudulent $50 Disney Frozen gift cards purchased in-store at Target.
And of course issues with gift card deals. Lastly, we do not recommend combining DGC purchased from third party websites like raise.

If you've checked all your DGC as in confirmed balances, you should be good to go to transfer/combine. :thumbsup2

Just keeping things in perspective, last thing we need are false rumors...

The only drained DGC from recent posts:
Fair Warning: Two reports have been posted of fraudulent $50 Disney Frozen gift cards purchased in-store at Target.
And of course issues with gift card deals. Lastly, we do not recommend combining DGC purchased from third party websites like raise.

If you've checked all your DGC as in confirmed balances, you should be good to go to transfer/combine. :thumbsup2

Ok, thank you. The recent posts about the Frozen cards got me worried. I only buy from stores/online stores, no third party such as Raise. But I do earn a lot of gift cards from apps/reward sites. I have been doing this for 9 years and never had any issues. Someone else posted (outside of this thread) that they had some funds drained. So it just got me thinking of the safest way to transfer my stack of GCs (and printouts) to one card would be.

Thank you!

Ok, thank you. The recent posts about the Frozen cards got me worried. I only buy from stores/online stores, no third party such as Raise. But I do earn a lot of gift cards from apps/reward sites. I have been doing this for 9 years and never had any issues. Someone else posted (outside of this thread) that they had some funds drained. So it just got me thinking of the safest way to transfer my stack of GCs (and printouts) to one card would be.

Thank you!

Those threads are why we tell people not to leave your card on the site after combining. I used to, it's so much easier. I got lucky.

I'm also bad about letting them sit in my email before combinging on a physical card. I need to get better but it's a process and so many emails to delete 😂

Thank you!

At this point... I really don't get Disney not offering something, they can say.... "just store you GC here and we will keep it safe". Along with automatically adding you default GC to payment options like they did with my Disney Visa Card. Or have the DGC act like it's a Credit Card, and function like a Credit Card when selecting Apple Pay.

They are great for paying off Cruise, buying AP or Tickets, and Room Reservations. And even shopping in the parks isn't too bad, but picking it as a dining payment option is a real pain.

Ok, thank you. The recent posts about the Frozen cards got me worried. I only buy from stores/online stores, no third party such as Raise. But I do earn a lot of gift cards from apps/reward sites. I have been doing this for 9 years and never had any issues. Someone else posted (outside of this thread) that they had some funds drained.

As far as I'm concerned, if it's not posted on this thread where we can all see it, ask questions and gain full knowledge as to what really happened I'm not going to post a DP that someone's Disney account was hacked when most likely it was their email account, which by the way happens more often than people realize and without warning.

Most of the time the issue with someone's Disney account being "hacked" is because they use the same passwords everywhere and another site got hacked and then bots will try that same password on other sites.
I (thankfully) haven't had issues with DGCs, but I get emails like this from Disney pretty frequently. I use a password manager so everything is unique, but it's always frustrating when I want to watch a Disney+ show and can't.

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 11.20.43 PM.png

I (thankfully) haven't had issues with DGCs, but I get emails like this from Disney pretty frequently. I use a password manager so everything is unique, but it's always frustrating when I want to watch a Disney+ show and can't.

View attachment 701994

It has happened to me as well - and likely bots or someone is trying to get into your account using one of the many passwords that have likely been made available by other hacked sites and then they attempt to use it on one of the Disney websites.

A quick fix for this is to make a unique email address just for Disney. If you use something like Gmail you can even use your existing email address and just add a "tag" to it, using the plus sign. So if your email is exampleemail@gmail.com your Disney email could be exampleemail+disney@gmail.com Google ignores the plus sign and everything after it, so the email still goes into your email, you can even use it for filtering, so create a rule that if the email goes to exampleemail+disney@gmail.com put a Disney tag on it. You can do this for multiple places and it prevents hackers from logging in as you, even if they know the password they wouldn't know your username as well. Using a password manager with a unique password is of course always the best practice though for now until a non-password solution comes up like Apple and others have been working on.

It has happened to me as well - and likely bots or someone is trying to get into your account using one of the many passwords that have likely been made available by other hacked sites and then they attempt to use it on one of the Disney websites.

A quick fix for this is to make a unique email address just for Disney. If you use something like Gmail you can even use your existing email address and just add a "tag" to it, using the plus sign. So if your email is exampleemail@gmail.com your Disney email could be exampleemail+disney@gmail.com Google ignores the plus sign and everything after it, so the email still goes into your email, you can even use it for filtering, so create a rule that if the email goes to exampleemail+disney@gmail.com put a Disney tag on it. You can do this for multiple places and it prevents hackers from logging in as you, even if they know the password they wouldn't know your username as well. Using a password manager with a unique password is of course always the best practice though for now until a non-password solution comes up like Apple and others have been working on.
Thank you, that's a great idea! I will have to work on cleaning up all of my usernames.

Changing and entering everything into my password manager was very time consuming, but it was definitely worth it. I am sure this will be the same!

Don’t know if this is the right place to ask, but can you use Disney gift cards and a Disney Visa rewards card to pay for DVC annual dues? Found out my husband has $400! In rewards so want to use that along with a gift card to pay my dues.

Don’t know if this is the right place to ask, but can you use Disney gift cards and a Disney Visa rewards card to pay for DVC annual dues? Found out my husband has $400! In rewards so want to use that along with a gift card to pay my dues.
Pro tip I saw on this thread: wait for a good RMN bonus and use the redemption card to buy a DGC on the ShopDisney click-through. You get a bonus percent back!!! It's 5% back now if you're in a rush or you can wait for one of the times they go up to 10%.

I was shocked that this works, but it does :-)

Just got our first Citi bank. I can’t seem to find where offers are like this? I found a merchant offer section but it was blank. I’m assuming we just don’t have anything available yet?
Correct, though some offers may show up soon. Start using the card on smaller purchases now and keep checking your offers.

Yes, if you pay your dues monthly! I buy discounted Disney gift cards and pay my dues with them. You have to:
  • click "Pay Balance" under "My Annual Dues"
  • Select "Pay by Contract"
  • Select "Apply Other Amount" and enter the amount of the gift card/rewards card
  • Select your payment method and submit

Added Offers ~ 9/13/22

Discount District
Cumberland Farms:
  • Buy $25+ Select Gift Cards & Get $5 off:
    • Includes: Applebee’s, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Hulu, Outback Steakhouse and Regal Cinemas
    • Expires 10/25/22. GCG
    • Cumberland Farms Chase Offer Exp 9/30/22
    • Fair Warning - Discount may have to be applied manually by manager and a limit of $10 discount per transaction might have been set. YMMV

UPDATE: WayFair

For a while I was able to find 3rd party gift cards at Wayfair, slowly I noticed they started disappearing and today I was unable to locate any. According to their site Wayfair still carries them, though this might be an old post that they haven't removed. Currently the only gift card they do carry is their own as seen here. In an older post GC Galore recommends buying Wayfair egift cards when using a credit card offer so it tracks properly.

Before
Wayfair DP:

Discount District

Update
Wayfair DP:

• Buy Wayfair egift cards with credit card offers GCG
    • Revised 9/13/22

Just got our first Citi bank. I can’t seem to find where offers are like this? I found a merchant offer section but it was blank. I’m assuming we just don’t have anything available yet?
It’s for the Best Buy Citi VISA, I’m not sure if the regular Citi cards would get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter