Updated plans for Grand Floridian Expansion

Seriously??!!! My wedding is July 31 and nobody bothered telling me about this??? Serioulsy P-Oed right now! :mad:

Yes, just think of how another bride feels when she was told today about it and her wedding is RIGHT after this is to be done ONE DAY AFTER... I'm nervous that they will get the windows completed in time, as we've had rain storms almost everyday here in FL and I'm not wanting them to start with the intent it MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be finished. I'm not sure why they didn't inform her about it before but there's nothing she can do about it.:confused3

Please don't say anything about who told you nor names. As I don't want her to get in trouble or whatever they do when you leak things out and such.

Yes, just think of how another bride feels when she was told today about it and her wedding is RIGHT after this is to be done ONE DAY AFTER... I'm nervous that they will get the windows completed in time, as we've had rain storms almost everyday here in FL and I'm not wanting them to start with the intent it MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be finished. I'm not sure why they didn't inform her about it before but there's nothing she can do about it.:confused3

Please don't say anything about who told you nor names. As I don't want her to get in trouble or whatever they do when you leak things out and such.

I emailed my planner, I didn't say any names...just "I heard this..., what can you tell me?" So don't worry. :thumbsup2 I think it's really crappy that we all pay so much friggin money to them and they can't give us some kind of a heads up about it. LIke maybe a "hey, there will be construction in x months, would you like to keep your location or date?" or something!

When I went to my site visit a couple weeks ago they had already started putting in a few of the windows. It looked pretty, but it was only on a few windows, so I guess we'll see how it looks when they're all done.

My site visit is next Friday. I will see how they look at that time and see if I can get an idea of when the expansion will be done.

I have been in contact with my planner several times this week regarding the issue. She won't fill me in on much of what is going on with the construction. However, she did say the route Cinderellas Coach usually takes will change if anyone is using this. Also, she mentioned they are looking into other areas at the Grand Floridian to have pictures done after the ceremony. To me that says they know more about the construction than is being let on.

I have been in contact with my planner several times this week regarding the issue. She won't fill me in on much of what is going on with the construction. However, she did say the route Cinderellas Coach usually takes will change if anyone is using this. Also, she mentioned they are looking into other areas at the Grand Floridian to have pictures done after the ceremony. To me that says they know more about the construction than is being let on.

ARRRGG. This irks me even more because I DO have Cindy's carriage and they have yet again failed to tell me anything, and my wedding is in 3 weeks! What the heck DFTW, get with the program! Still have yet to hear anything from my planner.

Finally got a response from my planner. She said the reason they are doing the windows is because people have complained that there isn't enough seclusion. Hmmmm.....

I fly down this week for my planning session and my wedding is in January. I can only imagine construction will be full swing at that point. Its definitely on my list of questions to address and I will take pics of WP.

Well crap. I was starting to think we autumn brides would squeak through.:sad2:

:guilty: I was trying to think the same way...booo.

Honestly, though...It doesn't look that bad right now. The walls are at least a cheery color. But of course it is sad for all of us WP/GF brides.

:sad2: *sigh* Not a fan, why must Disney build ANOTHER DVC. Even though there will still be a beach on the Polynesian side, we lose the beauty of the Grand Floridian as a backdrop for pictures.

I think the thing that annoys me the most is that there is no consistent message coming from DFTW about this. How can they suggest that they have no details and act as though nothing is happening (which is the message my planner is giving me) when construction walls are popping up?

It's all a bit deceiving and makes me feel very uneasy.

This obviously does not affect me personally ( for those who don't know me, I had my VR at the Swan in May), but I wanted to post and say that my heart goes out to all the brides and grooms this will affect. It is so hard to have your plans and dreams altered this way. It is especially hard because you have absolutely no control over it. I guess that Disney are doing all they can to minimize the inconvenience, but the fact remains that for many couples the vision they had of their day has changed.
The Cinderella's carriage thing is especially hard. I have always found it difficult to understand how Disney charged such an exorbitant amount for such a short ride and now it seems the situation is even more ridiculous. I know this carriage is a big dream for many brides, but if it were me, I would certainly be questioning whether I could, in all honesty, justify the expense. I just think that Disney has the attitude with the carriage 'Oh well, it doesn't matter what we do or how much we charge, the brides will still be queuing up to throw their money at us on this one' It is very sad.
I am a DVC owner and admit that I will probably enjoy staying at the new DVC at the GF. I just wish it wasn't at the expense of some of my disfriend's dreams!!
So, my sweet brides, I just wanted to send you all a :hug: and to tell you all that no matter what, you will all have a beautiful and special day to remember!!

I'm beginning to wonder where we are from a legal standpoint. Contract says they can do renovation to the GF.. this isn't renovation - they are erecting a brand new building - to renovate you need to have something existing to renovate! BUT no-one is admitting that they are building so we are kind of in limbo. I'm very disappointed, as it seems us brides are currently and after-thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter