Upsetting experience at SSR Spa

I know this won't help with what happened then but awkward moments like that call out for a witty comeback. Even if the comeback is some type of self deprecating humor (best kind in that situation), it is a good way to make the person laughing know that you heard her and that you thought it was directed at you without getting into it in a serious way with her. Chances are that even if it is wasn't directed at you, she would apologize profusely.

Anyway, don't dwell on it. What's done is done. As others have said, I'm sure it was really bad timing.

HBC

I don't love spas, I feel all emotionally exposed because I'm somewhat physically exposed, and your mind goes to all sorts of places that normally it stays away from.

It was your subsconscious interpreting the feeling of SO not wanting to be there into something you could act on.

and the worst part was, you have to pay them for feeling uncomfortable!

That's my Peanuts psychology for the day, that'll be 5 cents!

I am having a confession moment...

Many years ago I used to work with a Dr in Nuclear Medicine and we did Thallium Stress tests. People walking on a treadmill in a gown with an IV...even for the most fit of person not a moment you want to be embarrassed during. Well, this one day it was my birthday, and the Dr and I were joking about how old I was getting...well in comes this man(who is not in olympic shape ...but no worse than me) and the Dr looks at me and makes me laugh. Well it was not the moment to do that, or the man to do that during. The poor guy though we were snickering at him, of course we weren't and we both offer appologies, and the Dr even explained that it was my B'day etc...but the poor guy. If there was one moment I think about and wish I could have changed it was that moment. I felt so bad that he would ever think that anyone should be laughing at him.

So OP I truly believe that they were probably laughing about something else, and perhaps they felt embarassed that you walked in at that exact moment.
:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter