Vacation Tips for Women! :)

Just tested something new... Becca anti shine primer plus bare minerals loose powder.....it was odd,today I could FEEL the sweat on my face...when i checked the mirror, i was shocked to see the smallest bit of nose shine....i have never had a non greasy looking face in hot sunny weather! The primer is so drying,that i only use it on t zone area....without it,my entire face is the t zone!:rotfl2: got it at sephora...i am hooked!

Just tested something new... Becca anti shine primer plus bare minerals loose powder.....it was odd,today I could FEEL the sweat on my face...when i checked the mirror, i was shocked to see the smallest bit of nose shine....i have never had a non greasy looking face in hot sunny weather! The primer is so drying,that i only use it on t zone area....without it,my entire face is the t zone!:rotfl2: got it at sephora...i am hooked!

When I use Bare Minerals instead of MAC Longwear, I first use the Becca primer, then a dusting of the Mineral Veil, THEN the foundation powder, and then finish with another dusting of Mineral Veil. Together, in this order, it does a great job of controlling shine.

My girls and I have had issues with chafing. They like skirts but still gave issues. .

I wear bike shorts under my skirts for chafing issues. I generally buy Champion shorts when they are on sale at the outlets. They are meant for exercising so are absorbent and stay in place and aren't too hot.

This was a great thread for tips and I am not sure where I read it, since it was a few months ago, but I wanted to thank the ladies that suggested golf skirts. I had a gynecological cancer and have had a couple of surgeries and pants and tight shorts, are a no go for me. So I am always in dresses and skirts with boxer shorts under them. Even women's undergarments are too tight and uncomfortable. I finally went today to look for the golf skirts. We have a Dick's Sporting Goods and I got lucky, they were on sale today, buy one get one free. I have 4 skirts to try out. Black, khaki, Kelly green and a black/green/white print.

As for make up, I don't wear it. My hair is in a pixie cut, so it's easy to wash and put a tiny bit of no frizz gel in it, and walk out the door. No brushing, no blow drying. Last year, my hair was the longest it's been in many, many years, and man, it was a frizz fest while in Florida. I just ended up wearing it in a pony tail.

I am a very low maintenance kind of lady. I don't bring a lot of stuff. I try and pack lightly. I only bring a carry on and my backpack. That's it. I will be there 8 nights. When I pack and pick my clothing, I stick to one or two color pallets, and try and make it so that every top goes with every bottom. So that I can mix and match and not bring a ton of clothing. I also like my Downey Wrinkle Release. For shoes, I have a black pair of Rocket Dogs and a white pair of Keds to switch off. Flip flops for the pool. Lots of moisture wicking socks, and I even bring an extra pair of socks into the park and put on a new pair in the afternoon. Great feeling on tired feet.

I wear bike shorts under my skirts for chafing issues. I generally buy Champion shorts when they are on sale at the outlets. They are meant for exercising so are absorbent and stay in place and aren't too hot.

I'm glad to hear these work well! I just bought some to wear under my dresses and skirts at the parks, so I won't have to worry about blowing wind. I was hoping these wouldn't be too hot.

Okay, since we're all girls here I'm just going to go ahead and ask for some advice for this. I have a small "girlstache" that isn't really noticeable, especially with makeup, but I'm very self conscious about it. Does anyone have a similar problem and know of any long term solutions?

Long term solution would be laser hair removal or possibly electrolysis. Never tried the latter, but I did have laser hair removal done under my arms. It worked somewhat, but for me it was going to require a lot of treatments. I did 4 treatments and would say only about half the hair grows back. It's expensive.

A cheaper alternative, although would require more maintainence, would be just to get it waxed, sugared or threaded. Waxing it always cheap and easy but sometimes can irritate people's skin. Sugaring is the alternative to that which is better for sensitive skin, but I find waxing to have better results as far as hair removal goes. Threading is the cheapest of them all and can usually be done in any mall nowadays. It also makes it the least red afterwards. I've had all three done on my eyebrows and find threading to be the quickest and easiest, but prefer the shaping with waxing - but you wouldn't have to worry about that on your upper lip :)

What BB cream do you use that doesn't melt off? I wore the Garnier (which was supposedly highly rated) to Sesame Place this summer and after 20 minutes I had to wipe it all off because I looked like my face was melting away. I usually just wear Bare Minerals...
Thanks!

I'm not the original poster, but I swear by L'Oreal BB Cream -- love it and it stays on all day for me as long as I seal it in with a powder (I use a Bare Minerals powder) . Good luck :)

Would anyone wear dresses to the parks or do you think shorts are better

I like shorts because I don't want to have to worry about flashing anyone getting on and off the rides, and I can sit on the curb to have a snack if that is the only place available. Though you could do dresses with bike shorts underneath.

I can absolutely vouch for Jockey skimmers. You can order them from QVC as well as the Jockey website. They are perfect for wearing under a dress. If your skirt blows up, they look like bike shorts. They are not hot at all. You may forget you're wearing them.

This is a great post. The only thing I was worried about was making sure to go when my "friend" isn't visiting. lol
This thread gave me some other things to think about for our trip. Specially since I also have a pre teen daughter now as well to worry about with some of these issues.

Ok so if I skip my "uneeded" week of birth control and go right into the ones with "power" lol then , when do I turn things back to normal the next month?

Someone please explain the process to me one more time please, I feel like I am missing something lol, and I do not want me period this trip, I always have it every trip getting annoyed lol

Hi ladies! What a great thread :)
I LOVE marykay CC cream (as an alternative to BB cream). I was using the Garnier but MaryKay one is great. I have very oily skin and I love this stuff!

Ok so if I skip my "uneeded" week of birth control and go right into the ones with "power" lol then , when do I turn things back to normal the next month? Someone please explain the process to me one more time please, I feel like I am missing something lol, and I do not want me period this trip, I always have it every trip getting annoyed lol

You would just follow the pack. You will naturally come to your "bad week" by following the pack.

Ok so if I skip my "uneeded" week of birth control and go right into the ones with "power" lol then , when do I turn things back to normal the next month? Someone please explain the process to me one more time please, I feel like I am missing something lol, and I do not want me period this trip, I always have it every trip getting annoyed lol

Yes, you'd just go back to the normal way you take your pills the following month. It's not uncommon to do this regularly. I used to continuous cycle so I'd only take the placebo and have my time every three months. I've switched to non-pill bc now but it worked great.

A couple things to be aware of though. It may take your body time to adjust so even if you skip the placebo week and jump right to your next pack you may still have issues (it's likely you won't just an FYI)

Also, this works if you have monophasic pills (all pills have the same amount of hormones). If you take triphasic pills (each week has different levels) you can't just start the new pack. You can still try to skip but have to take the pills not from the first week (the Internet is your friend if you're on those kinds of pills).

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter