Virgin flight cancellation today

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
Virgin have just emailed me to say that my flight has been cancelled - weirdly return one only 11th September MAN-MCO - no mention of outbound as yet.

I have now emailed Disney UK to cancel my hotel and tickets as my balance is due next week.

I got the email too. My flight from Manchester to Orlando was cancelled on Sept 2nd. Which way is the best way to contact Virgin for a refund? The email says they'v automatically changed my ticket to an open ticket?

That is the outbound. Typo?
Yes typo - that is my return date 11th September MCO-MAN. You are right Girldreamer Virgin's email does say they have converted to an open ticket which is very cheeky as I want a refund too. Did they just mention one leg of your trip on the email? (in my case the return?)

Plus already received email from Disney Uk to say they have cancelled my reservation and my refund is being processed but could take 10-15 working days, which is fine.

I got the email too. My flight from Manchester to Orlando was cancelled on Sept 2nd. Which way is the best way to contact Virgin for a refund? The email says they'v automatically changed my ticket to an open ticket?
Two options.

Call them. Wait on hold until shortly before the heat death of the universe.

OR, Whatsapp them on 03448 747747. You'll get an automated reponse engine first. Say yes to the question asking if it's about a cancelled flight. Then reply 1 to the question asking which option you want.

It'll still take an age for them to reply, but you won't be on hold with a hot ear.

Yes typo - that is my return date 11th September MCO-MAN. You are right Girldreamer Virgin's email does say they have converted to an open ticket which is very cheeky as I want a refund too. Did they just mention one leg of your trip on the email? (in my case the return?)

Plus already received email from Disney Uk to say they have cancelled my reservation and my refund is being processed but could take 10-15 working days, which is fine.

Yes it only mentioned the outbound flight for me. I've messaged them on Whatsapp now, so we'll see how long it'll take to get a reply.

We texted VA and they replied saying they would pass our open ticket to the refund department. I have also seen a lot of successful responses/ outcomes on Twitter @virginatlantic

How long did it take for you to get a response?
It was initially an automated response then a specific text about 5 days after. Our flight should be 25th July but we changed to an open ticket before the WDW balance was due. When it became Clear that the flight was unlikely To go ahead we texted to say we felt pressured into taking the open ticket option as VA always maintained that they would be flying.

Just to warn - I was told last month 120 days for a refund as they have a large backlog. Nothing so far but still look just in case :D Mine however was from a changed flight to a cheaper route so hopefully full refunds are being processed quicker

I had to cancel flight due to personal reasons and Virgin have been atrocious in regard to refund. We are only waiting on the airport tax element and they cannot even confirm how much this will be (our travel insurance covers the rest of costs) or when we are likely to get it though they did say they hoped it would be within 100 days. we are at 85 days and waiting! Normally huge fan of VA but not on this occasion!

I got a confirmation email and WhatsApp message late last night (at about 11pm, and they were still replying, so gods knows how late they work) saying 120 days. Mid November.

I can wait that long, although I'd rather not have to. I'll keep an eye on it and see.

I have a package booked with Virgin Holidays for 2021. We’ve decided to cancel due to all of the changes and uncertainty, and return in a few years when hopefully things are back to normal. Can’t get in touch with them obviously, have filled out the call-back form they emailed in light of the Disney changes but I doubt I’ll get a call back. I don’t mind waiting, but absolutely terrified about not getting our money back 🙁

I got a confirmation email and WhatsApp message late last night (at about 11pm, and they were still replying, so gods knows how late they work) saying 120 days. Mid November.

I can wait that long, although I'd rather not have to. I'll keep an eye on it and see.

Maybe some work at night. I got a first reply on twitter last night at 11.30pm and then on WhatsApp this morning at 6am.

After reading Simon Calder's view on the flight restrictions I'm not surprised to hear about these emails coming through.
I asked for a refund, but, when I realised how long it would take and I would probably be wanting to book another flight before the refund came through I decided to opt for the open ticket as it would not mean shelling out more money and stressing about when I'd get a refund.

Maybe some work at night. I got a first reply on twitter last night at 11.30pm and then on WhatsApp this morning at 6am.
I tried emailing and although I got acknowledgement, I am still waiting for reply. I tried the Whatsapp method and this seems to be a much better way to request a refund - thanks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter