VMK Thanksgiving Quest (event)

Remember that they asked that the clues not be shared on the fan sites.

NJ Mike said:
...the Dragon, Yeti, Shrunken Ned, Esmeralda and Captain Blackheart know a lot more. Over the Thanksgiving weekend, each of them will give you a hint to help you find specially named Guest Rooms where they've hidden photo clues.
Can someone figure out how the Dragon will give hints?
NJ Mike said:
...We'll be adding new photo clues each day of the Event; be sure to collect them all. There is one photo clue for each letter in the answer; some letters are used more than once, so there is a different clue for each use of the letter. (hint: there are 16 clues, 16 letters).
So there are 16 clues over 4 days, so most likely 4 clues a day. Want to bet that the Dragon is no help at all?

This takes me back to the days when Captain Blackheart gave the URL for the Tomorrowland Quest.

This might be a fun event. But with the random part of the rewards it might be more fun than reward.

So do I take this as another disappointing event? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's wonderful that they finally arrive at creating several rooms and using the endless amount of room combinations with all the instances available. But do they have to stick it to us again in some way and say that winners will be picked at random? Maybe I am just in a bad mood? But honestly, why can't they just be more giving in a free game used to advertise the Disney parks? Why are they trying to be so restrictive with the prize giving? At least, that is how I see it. Like I said, maybe I am just in a mood! :confused3

Disneyfan_77 said:
But do they have to stick it to us again in some way and say that winners will be picked at random?

I think this is some advanced thinking on the VMK staff. If the answers are shared on fan sites, then not everyone is going to win a great prize. I am thinnking of the diver suit game. Within a few hours answers were everywhere and everyone was getting them. But if the answers are not shared then maybe a better prize will be in the offering for the limited number of people that get the correct answer.

Just anouther thought, if the answer is a sixteen letters and numbers is that not a VMK code?

I am not saying that NOT sharing the answers is a bad thing! Besides, I never said that they are wrong to ask everyone not to share their clues or answers. So, I am rather lost as to why you quoted me? All I am saying is that why make the winners random? If you figure out the answer you should get a prize! It shouldn't be a contest where if you figure out the answer here is a ticket into a drawing kind of thing. That's a raffle and that is gambling. Is this not a kids game? Why disappoint more kids. That is eventually what is going to happen again!

Seriously! Where is my morning coffee and Sticks!
Walks away to take a deep breathe!

lol it is kind of funny. I am involved in this and I have no idea what is even going on.

I am not saying that NOT sharing the answers is a bad thing! Besides, I never said that they are wrong to ask everyone not to share their clues or answers. So, I am rather lost as to why you quoted me? All I am saying is that why make the winners random? If you figure out the answer you should get a prize! It shouldn't be a contest where if you figure out the answer here is a ticket into a drawing kind of thing. That's a raffle and that is gambling. Is this not a kids game? Why disappoint more kids. That is eventually what is going to happen again!

totally agree if you get the answer you should get a prize, good gosh these are virtual prizes not real ones.

just another thing to add they said the clue was to a kind of thanksgiving food with 16 letters?????? :confused3 racking my brain and can not think of anything!

cranberry sauce 14
stuffed turkey 12 oops 13
turkey and dressing 17
greenbean casserole 18

any ideas? :rotfl:

Mal

IDK maybe it was just an example. I have not read it yet so I don't know if it was in example or a hint.

So its settled,we will do our best to find clues.If we don't come to the dis.I bet so eone would have found them.

The not everyone getting prizes disapoins me.Kids will get very mad if they waste their Thanksgiving weekend and not get a prize.

Not giving all participants prizes? I can see why people would be tempted to post the clues, despite the request from VMK not to. I can't figure these people out! They finally make the quests easier - more rooms, no queues - but then give prizes out randomly.

Maleficent2 said:
just another thing to add they said the clue was to a kind of thanksgiving food with 16 letters?????? :confused3 racking my brain and can not think of anything!

it spells out different foods lol

Maleficent2 said:
totally agree if you get the answer you should get a prize, good gosh these are virtual prizes not real ones.

cranberry sauce 14
stuffed turkey 12
turkey and dressing 17
greenbean casserole 18

any ideas? :rotfl:

Mal

Actually they said "take the first letter of each object and spell out some traditional Thanksgiving food items."

Which to me means more than 1 type of food with the sixteen letters so ummm,

Turkey, Pumpkin Pie 16

:confused3

(oh and mal? stuffed turkey is 13 lol) ;)

tolkien7 said:
Not giving all participants prizes? I can see why people would be tempted to post the clues, despite the request from VMK not to. I can't figure these people out! They finally make the quests easier - more rooms, no queues - but then give prizes out randomly.
Yes i completely agree with you, odds are people will be really mad at this event unless you win.

Ok, I want to know how BobRichmond knew that the Dragon would be no help at all!! He was right!

Got that right, would you guys be ok if i posted the clues - not answers clues - lol, the ones they gave us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter