VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

For those who are missing the view from VWL.

At the least the view I've been used to there. If you want a lake view room view that'll have to come from someone else. :laughing::eeyore:

p1008243045-4.jpg
Kathy, thank you for the early morning laugh! 🥰

I've been looking through years of photos for days now and I've come to the conclusion that my kids and I were one of "those families" with pics of my kids misbehaving fighting over steering a bike, bleeding, stepping on the grass, sprawling out on the sofas. Even my nephews were the same with needing a set of eyes on the back of our heads to keep track of them and keep them safe. The joys of having hyper boys.

Sigh. Can't take them anywhere. 😆

Last edited:
@wdrl posted this on another board, and it was fun so I thought I'd share it with you guys. Wil's post:

We have been in "Shelter-in-Place" mode for over a month and we will probably still be maintaining an extremely low, house-bound profile for at least another month. So, it's time to create a new playlist of songs to make it through the day.
Now, my playlist is not designed to set the mood or lift up the spirits (or drown in self pity). It's more of a timeline of making it through this era of social distancing.
First, songs for the start of sheltering in place:
REM - "It's the End of the World As We Know It"
Alice Cooper - "School's Out"
Second, songs when adjusting to being stuck at home:
The Beatles - "Yesterday"
SafetySuit - "These Times"
Styx - "Too Much Time On My Hands"
Third, songs to Stay Safe:
The Police - "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
Bee Gees - "Stayin' Alive"
And Fourth, hope for a new future:
The Supremes - "Someday We'll Be Together"
The Beatles - "Here Comes the Sun"
Finally, there is one more song I might add once we know when Walt Disney World will reopen and we get closer to our July 20th reservation at AKV Kidani:
The Clash - "Should I Stay or Should I Go Now"
After posting that, Wil asked if others have songs that fit this coronavirus playlist. I thought that for social distancing purposes, George Jones' "Three's a Crowd" kind of fit.

Any Groupies have songs they'd like to add?

@wdrl posted this on another board, and it was fun so I thought I'd share it with you guys. Wil's post:

We have been in "Shelter-in-Place" mode for over a month and we will probably still be maintaining an extremely low, house-bound profile for at least another month. So, it's time to create a new playlist of songs to make it through the day.
Now, my playlist is not designed to set the mood or lift up the spirits (or drown in self pity). It's more of a timeline of making it through this era of social distancing.
First, songs for the start of sheltering in place:
REM - "It's the End of the World As We Know It"
Alice Cooper - "School's Out"
Second, songs when adjusting to being stuck at home:
The Beatles - "Yesterday"
SafetySuit - "These Times"
Styx - "Too Much Time On My Hands"
Third, songs to Stay Safe:
The Police - "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
Bee Gees - "Stayin' Alive"
And Fourth, hope for a new future:
The Supremes - "Someday We'll Be Together"
The Beatles - "Here Comes the Sun"
Finally, there is one more song I might add once we know when Walt Disney World will reopen and we get closer to our July 20th reservation at AKV Kidani:
The Clash - "Should I Stay or Should I Go Now"
After posting that, Wil asked if others have songs that fit this coronavirus playlist. I thought that for social distancing purposes, George Jones' "Three's a Crowd" kind of fit.

Any Groupies have songs they'd like to add?

"Too Much Time on my Hands" was the last song I heard today after driving back home from dropping some mail off!

Stevie Nix - "Stand Back"

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter