• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Watching resale: prices climbing!!

Thanks Cyber, keep us all posted. Good broker companies are getting harder for me to find....
Maybe we should all start a new "best and worst Brokers" list? I know there was one here but it was a while ago. I think it's critical for buyers (and sellers) to know what type of experiences customers have had and it could help a lot of DVC folks out there.

Maybe we should all start a new "best and worst Brokers" list? I know there was one here but it was a while ago. I think it's critical for buyers (and sellers) to know what type of experiences customers have had and it could help a lot of DVC folks out there.

If you did start such a thread, be sure to include the title companies. I feel title companies are more responsible for delays than the broker.

Lately, Disney is pretty quick with ROFR and estoppel, but the larger title companies continue to build themselves some buffer by saying it takes 3 weeks for estoppel, so if that estoppel comes back in 3 days (as it did with my last contract handled by a small title company), they have an additional few weeks to catch up on volume. Brokers just get buyers and sellers together. Title companies are largely responsible for delays.

Let us know what happens. I can't believe someone was willing to sell at $65.00 a point right now. Was it stripped?
no it has full points, 100 2017, 2018,2019! if it passes can bank them and stretch for our studio stays! My guess is disney will take it! crossing fingers!!

no it has full points, 100 2017, 2018,2019! if it passes can bank them and stretch for our studio stays! My guess is disney will take it! crossing fingers!!

As great as that will be for you if it passes, I'd say the broker wasn't providing his client (the seller) with a very good service if he allowed them to ask / accept so low in today's market. Even if it needed to be unloaded fast, that's exceptionally low.

Certainly sellers set the price, but with the guidance of the broker. So, unless this was a "I have to sell it today and don't care how much I get for it" scenario, then I'd be leary of the broker. Most of us are on here with the perspective of a buyer, but some day you may be the seller and if this seller was not following the market and was not "desperate", he put trust in the broker and just got ripped off imho.

(Not in any way your fault momtwoboys)

As great as that will be for you if it passes, I'd say the broker wasn't providing his client (the seller) with a very good service if he allowed them to ask / accept so low in today's market. Even if it needed to be unloaded fast, that's exceptionally low.

Certainly sellers set the price, but with the guidance of the broker. So, unless this was a "I have to sell it today and don't care how much I get for it" scenario, then I'd be leary of the broker. Most of us are on here with the perspective of a buyer, but some day you may be the seller and if this seller was not following the market and was not "desperate", he put trust in the broker and just got ripped off imho.

It was listed at 71.00pp, We offered 65.pp paying the seller the 2017 main fees, OR 71.00pp NOT paying them back the 2017 main fees. The 65 was what the seller wanted. Who knows! I understand the point of view from buyer and seller, will see what happens! If it gets taken, it gets taken. We still go to WDW yearly regardless.

The weighted average of the four non-extended contracts on the Jul-Sep ROFR thread is $69.80pp. Not a huge sampling by any means, but it certainly puts the $71 ask in perspective. Of course that does not consider the relative loaded-ness of the contracts, but we have hashed that subject before: the market doesn’t seem to care.

The weighted average of the four non-extended contracts on the Jul-Sep ROFR thread is $69.80pp. Not a huge sampling by any means, but it certainly puts the $71 ask in perspective. Of course that does not consider the relative loaded-ness of the contracts, but we have hashed that subject before: the market doesn’t seem to care.

You may be right, but people are asking a lot more right now. Prices have gone up a lot since July. I admit I was only shopping smaller contracts, so the pricing Ive seen is higher, so I did hop on a couple of sites and run their price estimators and/or look at their average asking price chart, etc. before posting and it looked like $95 - $110 is a typical range at the moment for 100 points. Even a site with actual sale price (not ask) has OKW at $84 for Aug and Sep, but OKW typically has some contracts with HUGE numbers of points that sell quite low per point and would probably make an "average overall price" lower than what 100 points could likely pull in.

Time will tell.

Yeah I’ve only paid attention since about Feb., but the pricing volatility is really something. However I see the occasional deal, like the OKW one that are much more “spring like”. I emailed with my salesperson at Fidelity regarding a BLT 160@$105 they had recently. It went in minutes. So I guess sellers look at the current market and either price for top dollar or for immediate sale. I can see both sides.

That 160 @ $105 was a listing mistake. It was supposed to be for BWV, not BLT. Note that many Fidelity sales are distressed sellers who have, by necessity, priced them attractively to move immediately. If Disney ROFR's them, or they go through ROFR to closing, doesn't matter to the seller as much as having them under agreement for sale before Disney moves to take them through foreclosure.

2017 points? Are you going to get the process finished in time to bank them?

2017 points? Are you going to get the process finished in time to bank them?
Yeah I would assume they are as good as gone. Use by 12/1 and it is just entering ROFR? It will take at least 20 days to get it through everything, then another 5 to get it into their system, and I doubt that they are working during Thanksgiving. I would not plan on using the 2017 points even if this contract does pass ROFR.

Yeah I would assume they are as good as gone. Use by 12/1 and it is just entering ROFR? It will take at least 20 days to get it through everything, then another 5 to get it into their system, and I doubt that they are working during Thanksgiving. I would not plan on using the 2017 points even if this contract does pass ROFR.
according to the agent she claims we have plenty of time to bank them... Jan 31st is the deadline, and I asked twice and she repeated that YES plenty of time to bank them. Now if shes lying or this isn't true then well, we may be screwed. But I asked twice.

according to the agent she claims we have plenty of time to bank them... Jan 31st is the deadline, and I asked twice and she repeated that YES plenty of time to bank them. Now if shes lying or this isn't true then well, we may be screwed. But I asked twice.

Assuming they're not international sellers, you should be fine to close by January 31. Even if they are international, they sound motivated so 3 months from ROFR to close should be plenty. What date does your contract say you will close by? Doesn't matter what the agent is saying, you should go by the "close by" date in the contract.

Assuming they're not international sellers, you should be fine to close by January 31. Even if they are international, they sound motivated so 3 months from ROFR to close should be plenty. What date does your contract say you will close by? Doesn't matter what the agent is saying, you should go by the "close by" date in the contract.
we were sent to ROFR Monday.... so we wait.

I've read recently that Disney has allowed them to be banked past the deadline in a situation like this when asked nicely.

Just curious though, couldn't you have asked the seller to bank them?

I've read recently that Disney has allowed them to be banked past the deadline in a situation like this when asked nicely.

Just curious though, couldn't you have asked the seller to bank them?
I did ask the Agent to have the sellers just bank them for us, and she insisted that we have plenty of time to bank them after we close. Hope I didn't choose the wrong company to buy resale! Now I am worried. Emailed agent just now.

Good luck. If this passes based of recent pricing you will have gotten a steal.
will let everyone here know! We go regardless so we don't NEED the contract, but if we can score a deal then it makes the trips even sweeter. Hoping to hear back from my Agent regarding my banking question.

I was being dumb and was thinking of 2016 points, having to be used by 12/1. You may still be ok but it wouldn't hurt to just ask the seller to bank them during the selling process if things start to get tight. I am hopeful that you pass ROFR but that is a pretty darn cheap contract, so this whole concern could end up being moot anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter