• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

We have a trip planned in early Sept. I am wondering what time, in the time of Covid, should one arrive at the parks. Is it an hour early like before?

Thank you for your help.
Merged you to the existing thread.
The parking lot opens 45 min before the park, the park opens shortly after, they don't want people waiting to get inside

DVC lounge at Epcot is reopening on the 16th
I believe it reopened with the parks...we went 1x during our 7/25-8/8 trip. They have limited capacity. A CM meets you at the top of the stairs and takes you to your assigned seating--leave chairs where they are, they're spaced for social distancing. It is not a mask relief area, but you can remove while actively eating/drinking...staff members checked on this periodically. No snacks offered right now. They do offer the freestyle coke machine drinks, go to that area and tell a CM what you want and they'll give it to you. No coffee offered right now. When you leave, tell the CMs where you were seated and they'll clean it for the next group. We spent 1/2 hr there charging phones and enjoying the a/c...5-5:30pm midweek, no issue getting in at that time, but most seats were filled.

The performers have not been told anything yet, if a deal was reached it hasn't been disclosed to the entertainment cast

We have a trip planned in early Sept. I am wondering what time, in the time of Covid, should one arrive at the parks. Is it an hour early like before?

Thank you for your help.
Not necessarily. Keep an eye on the app. The ride times are sporadic. We got to soaring 45 minutes after opening and it was 10 minutes when we got out it was 55 minutes. We ate lunch and went on living with the land it was back down to 20 minutes probably 2 hours after opening. Right now at 1830 it’s 25 minutes. This has been my experience with the headliners. Wait times are all over the place. I think what backs things up is the cleaning of the ride vehicles not so much the time of day.

The performers have not been told anything yet, if a deal was reached it hasn't been disclosed to the entertainment cast
Hopefully they’ll get the call backs this week. The parks really need them. Without them it’s IMHO just an amusement park. I really hope the actors/performers know how much they’re missed by at least THIS guest!

Read the info in the app closely (underline added by me). Can’t say I’ve ever looked before, but I’m ‘assuming’ that is not the normal description.

Stop by for a photo opportunity at our private location reserved just for Cardmembers.

Each day, simply make your way to the Disney Visa Photo Spot at Epcot and get ready to pose for special photos. Your free photo downloads will be digitally enhanced with Disney Characters appearing right next to you.

Read the info in the app closely (underline added by me). Can’t say I’ve ever looked before, but I’m ‘assuming’ that is not the normal description.

Stop by for a photo opportunity at our private location reserved just for Cardmembers.

Each day, simply make your way to the Disney Visa Photo Spot at Epcot and get ready to pose for special photos. Your free photo downloads will be digitally enhanced with Disney Characters appearing right next to you.
Good catch

I don’t have a Disney Visa, but now I want to know what characters they “digitally enhance” to the photos! 🤣🤣

Hope someone can try this and report back. That could be the only pic I get on my trip. LOL

When the reopening started, and we had renewed, we were allowed 7 days to make reservations which we did. I misread the availability calendar a few weeks ago and cancelled my HS reservation to go to Epcot instead and was told I was over my amount of reservations. When did it change to only 3 days and WHY? The last I had heard, the were opening up more reservations for AP per day but it seems that if you walk up and buy a ticket, you can get in but if you have passes, no dice. I don't understand how I am paying for an annual pass with park hopping, my rate has not gone down at all (it actually went up from last year) and I can't get as many days or availability in the park as someone purchasing a 4 day FL resident pass. What gives?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter