WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

It was always 3 days but there were some glitches early that allowed people to make more than 3. I think now it's a rolling 3 plus any onsite stays.

In order to open - they needed to limit AP reservations days otherwise they'd get APs taking up all availability - not showing up - and not having enough people in the park to make opening financially viable. They've been opening more days but their money is coming from the hotel guests and they need to ensure availability for those spending money since they have a limited number of people. Which is why I took the refund - completely understandable and financially reasonable steps but made the AP not worth it for me.

When did it change to only 3 days and WHY? The last I had heard, the were opening up more reservations for AP per day...
It has been 3 days for Passholders since June 19th. However they made 2 additional improvements in that they added more AP availability in the Passholder bucket in the Disney Park Pass system. And they announced that you could make length of stay reservations for resort guests and also have the 3 day rolling AP Disney Park Pass reservations.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/
Do you have a resort reservation at WDW or or other select hotels with valid admission will be able to make reservations for their entire length of stay?

If yes then you should be able to make park pass reservations for you length of stay in addition to holding up to 3 days of theme park reservations at a time on a rolling basis. I say should because some AP holder have reported issues with this but Disney can fix it as needed. AP Blockout dates do apply, so you will not have park admission or be able to make reservations for those days.

If you are not staying on site then at this time you are only allowed to make reservations for 3 days at a time with an AP, once you use a day then you can add another day. Yes they have added more AP availability but it is still limited to 3 days at a time on a rolling basis. Once you use a theme park reservation, you can make another reservation for a future date after 9 PM on day of use.

Dave

When the reopening started, and we had renewed, we were allowed 7 days to make reservations which we did. I misread the availability calendar a few weeks ago and cancelled my HS reservation to go to Epcot instead and was told I was over my amount of reservations. When did it change to only 3 days and WHY? The last I had heard, the were opening up more reservations for AP per day but it seems that if you walk up and buy a ticket, you can get in but if you have passes, no dice. I don't understand how I am paying for an annual pass with park hopping, my rate has not gone down at all (it actually went up from last year) and I can't get as many days or availability in the park as someone purchasing a 4 day FL resident pass. What gives?
merged you to the operational thread and I see you got your answer already

I purchased park hoppers from UT that I will most likely have to downgrade. For the PH refund, I understand Disney will give a gift card. However, for some reason, my email account will not accept emails from the Disney gift card. If I waited until I got there, could they still be refunded and put on a physical gift card?

I purchased park hoppers from UT that I will most likely have to downgrade. For the PH refund, I understand Disney will give a gift card. However, for some reason, my email account will not accept emails from the Disney gift card. If I waited until I got there, could they still be refunded and put on a physical gift card?
I purchased park hoppers from a third party vendor and Disney gave me a cash refund on my credit card. No gift card needed. I just called ticket services.

I spoke with UT last week. He (one of the owners) told me to go to Guest Relations BEFORE we use the tix to enter a park for the first time. (So Guest Relations outside of the parks) He said they will issue refund in the form of gift card.

I spoke with UT last week. He (one of the owners) told me to go to Guest Relations BEFORE we use the tix to enter a park for the first time. (So Guest Relations outside of the parks) He said they will issue refund in the form of gift card.
The ticket window, well space, at Disney springs also reopened, right across from guest relations

So I've been checking the ticket availability calendar probably once a week since we have a trip planned for November, just haven't bought tickets yet. For Sept - Nov, the days are all green but I see Facebook posts that people screenshot the calendar and most days are yellow. I hope I'm looking at the correct calendar.

So I've been checking the ticket availability calendar probably once a week since we have a trip planned for November, just haven't bought tickets yet. For Sept - Nov, the days are all green but I see Facebook posts that people screenshot the calendar and most days are yellow. I hope I'm looking at the correct calendar.
you pick your type of ticket, AP pool is mostly yellow right now, but if you're buying just tickets OR are staying on site it's another pool
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=tickets,resort,passholder

AP pool is mostly yellow right now, but if you're buying just tickets OR are staying on site it's another pool
Are AP holders allowed the Resort Guest reservation pool if staying on site? Great for them! I knew they could get extra days reserved with on site stays but didn't realize it opened up the Resort Guest pool too (but it makes sense now that you said it).

Are AP holders allowed the Resort Guest reservation pool if staying on site? Great for them! I knew they could get extra days reserved with on site stays but didn't realize it opened up the Resort Guest pool too (but it makes sense now that you said it).
As an AP you're allowed 3 park reservation AND whatever number of days you're staying on site

Last edited:
The number of days I was aware of, I just had kinda thought it was all from the AP reservations pool (aka the most fully booked reservations pool).

Good morning. We are going back next week.

I saw someone mention on Facebook that the stated opening time for DHS was 10am. However, when she was there the park opened around 9:30 and she rode several rides before 10am when she was able to get her ROR boarding group.

We are early risers and love to be at rope drop. If you have been back since the parks reopened, do you know if DHS is consistently opening earlier than stated and if the other parks are as well.

Thank you so much!

I am sure this has been talked about over and over... Christmas week currently planned....but if fireworks, shows, boats to and from Disney Springs, Hotel hopping not allowed..... just not sure worth the $$$. Wonder if the low attendance has them second guessing opening. But if more things open (and I guess the risk) that could move more people to come. I don't see ticket prices coming down, but just shorter lines for rides is only pro right now...at least for my family. To me Disney is more than rides.

Good morning. We are going back next week.

I saw someone mention on Facebook that the stated opening time for DHS was 10am. However, when she was there the park opened around 9:30 and she rode several rides before 10am when she was able to get her ROR boarding group.

We are early risers and love to be at rope drop. If you have been back since the parks reopened, do you know if DHS is consistently opening earlier than stated and if the other parks are as well.

Thank you so much!
merged you to the existing thread
All the parks are opening about 45 minutes before official opening. As soon as the parking lots open the park does as well, they don't want people waiting before the tapstiles. As to rides being opened, they have done this but remember it is not guaranteed

I am sure this has been talked about over and over... Christmas week currently planned....but if fireworks, shows, boats to and from Disney Springs, Hotel hopping not allowed..... just not sure worth the $$$. Wonder if the low attendance has them second guessing opening. But if more things open (and I guess the risk) that could move more people to come. I don't see ticket prices coming down, but just shorter lines for rides is only pro right now...at least for my family. To me Disney is more than rides.
They won't close now unless something catastrophic happens. It is a personal decision for everyone to come so you have to do what you and your family thinks is best

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter