WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

merged you to the existing thread
All the parks are opening about 45 minutes before official opening. As soon as the parking lots open the park does as well, they don't want people waiting before the tapstiles. As to rides being opened, they have done this but remember it is not guaranteed

Thank you so much!

I am sure this has been talked about over and over... Christmas week currently planned....but if fireworks, shows, boats to and from Disney Springs, Hotel hopping not allowed..... just not sure worth the $$$. Wonder if the low attendance has them second guessing opening. But if more things open (and I guess the risk) that could move more people to come. I don't see ticket prices coming down, but just shorter lines for rides is only pro right now...at least for my family. To me Disney is more than rides.

I am not there, but my understanding is that resort hopping is allowed if you use Disney transportation.

However, some of the hotels have not re-opened yet and might not be open by Christmas.

I don't know where you were thinking of staying and where you thinking of visiting, but only a few hotels had boats to and from Disney Springs pre-COVID anyway.

The shows involved union negotiation. I haven't been following along on whether the actors have been called back to work yet.

I am not there, but my understanding is that resort hopping is allowed if you use Disney transportation.

However, some of the hotels have not re-opened yet and might not be open by Christmas.

I don't know where you were thinking of staying and where you thinking of visiting, but only a few hotels had boats to and from Disney Springs pre-COVID anyway.

The shows involved union negotiation. I haven't been following along on whether the actors have been called back to work yet.
entertainment has not been called back yet

Just to confirm: assuming park reservations are still available for the park in question, we can cancel a current park reservation ad re-book at another park same day, right, so long as we haven't entered a park yet?

I just read that Turtle Talk With Crush is supposed to be reopening by the end of August, leaves me hopeful for other shows.

I haven't gone to that in a few years, but isn't that room really small? I wonder how many people they wlll allow in.

I haven't gone to that in a few years, but isn't that room really small? I wonder how many people they wlll allow in.
That’s what I’m wondering, too. It normally holds a good amount of people. The kids all squeeze together up front and adults are on the benches. I would think maybe family groups would have to sit socially distanced on the benches? But it would be harder for Crush to see and call on kids not right in front.

i'm not sure where to post this question but what is the new MDE update with restaurants and wait times?
i've tried to look at my app and can't see what others have mentioned (and i have checked to see if there is an update i'm waiting for and it looks like it already updated 2 days ago)

i'm not sure where to post this question but what is the new MDE update with restaurants and wait times?
i've tried to look at my app and can't see what others have mentioned (and i have checked to see if there is an update i'm waiting for and it looks like it already updated 2 days ago)
ETA: Sorry, not sure how I replied to the wrong thread.

Last edited:
The info comes when you're closer to the restaurant so you won't see waitlist info from home
Version 6.3 is the latest

I've been wanting to give Teppan Edo a try. Not at all concerned about eating indoors, have done that quite a lot, I am somewhat worried about doing it solo. Would seem awkward, especially if I would be the only one at the table.

I've been wanting to give Teppan Edo a try. Not at all concerned about eating indoors, have done that quite a lot, I am somewhat worried about doing it solo. Would seem awkward, especially if I would be the only one at the table.

Not sure how they will seat of course (I’m guessing they would not do a solo seating), but sitting alone at a less than full table with space in between sounds awesome to me vs the usual seating.

Seeing here that it was opening, I just made an ADR for one for my trip at end of September.

Should we take this as a sign they definitely won't have the MVMCP? I am really not expecting them to, but there is that hopeful part of me...:flower1:
well, the fact that they only released first week indicates to me that they are, once again, in that wait and see pattern. Like they did with June reservations that they would only cancel one week at a time.
Now, I personally don't expect MVMCP to be on this year.
But never say never until they actually announce it's cancelled

That’s what I’m wondering, too. It normally holds a good amount of people. The kids all squeeze together up front and adults are on the benches. I would think maybe family groups would have to sit socially distanced on the benches? But it would be harder for Crush to see and call on kids not right in front.
Maybe the kids will sit with their family groups and go up 1 at a time to as questions?

Please help if you have recent information.

Party of 4 includes me 47yo mom/auntie, 19 yo DS, 18 yo DNephew, 16 yo DD. All Star Wars geeks. All but DN18 are frequent theme park visitors (Universal Orlando and Disneyland) but have not been to WDW since 2010.

Staying at the Dolphin from Sept 7 to 12 after 2 days at Universal. Have reservations for 7th Epcot, 8th DHS, 9th DHS, 10th Epcot, 11th AK and 12th MK with early departure.

General questions:
No fast passes right?
No EMH?
How early should we get to the gates for each park? We are typically “rope drop” people and do not mind waiting if it means we get in earlier.

Please help me understand how to get a boarding group for RotR and if there is any hope of more than one ride on it.

Tips for transportation to MK and AK? Should we Uber or bus?

General suggestions? What am I forgetting? Thank you so much to anyone willing to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter