WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

If I want to book a split stay, can I do two packages? I ask because I’d rather put down 200 per package instead of like 500 per hote reservation

Yes, you can do two basic packages. As PP notes, when you are ready to add tickets and/or dining, make sure to put the tickets on the first stay. You can then either keep the first stay as either just a room or you can do a "ticketless package" which is room plus dining. Just know, even if your second basic package is just a room, it will be subject to package terms and conditions.

I didn’t even know you can do a ticketless package? Wouldn’t that just be a room only package? Which would charge me more than the 200 down payment.

Yes, you can do a ticketless package which is the term for a room/dining plan package (no tickets). You can also do a basic package which is essentially a room-only, but is subject to package terms and conditions. If you just want a room, but want package terms, ask to have your reservation booked as a "basic package".

Hi I'm new here! Looking to book a February or May 2021 trip, but I'm worried about crowds from people rebooking and if it'll be safe. I usually rent dvc but may book at a moderate instead so I can cancel if needed. Anything else I should be thinking about?
Read up on all the mess with renting DVC during COVID before going that route so you know what you’re getting into/how to protect yourself. Some people it worked out fine, got refunds or rescheduled, etc. But some people reported not getting refunds...

More resorts than parks oriented info.... and the exact timing of these things always depends more on your credit card/bank than Disney anyway....but FWIW I got my deposit refund from my Disney cancelled resort stay this morning, so three days after the original check-in date. Pretty normal timing from my experience.

DCL is still holding tight to my money, but at least WDW refunds seem to be operating under relatively normal timelines. :goodvibes

More resorts than parks oriented info.... and the exact timing of these things always depends more on your credit card/bank than Disney anyway....but FWIW I got my deposit refund from my Disney cancelled resort stay this morning, so three days after the original check-in date. Pretty normal timing from my experience.

DCL is still holding tight to my money, but at least WDW refunds seem to be operating under relatively normal timelines. :goodvibes
When was your cruise? I have a cruise scheduled for August that I am going to cancel. I'm wondering how long it will take me to get a refund.

Thanks! I just checked mine after reading your post and the add-on night to our mid-May trip was just refunded.
With the days all blurring together I can't remember when I canceled, but I think I did it at least a week ago? Still need to figure out whether to move or cancel the other part of our trip. It had a PIN attached to it, but was date and resort (All-Stars) specific.

When was your cruise? I have a cruise scheduled for August that I am going to cancel. I'm wondering how long it will take me to get a refund.

I canceled our July cruise and the refund took 5-6 days to show on my credit card.

I moved my May 5th package to October - I could hardly find any dates with a standard room at AKL available so I'm glad I changed it when I did.

MDE now shows the parks closed through May 2.

Yes the cast member I spoke with last night let me know they were going through all reservations a day at a time and canceling things. (I had inquired about my after hours events the first few weeks of May.). She stated they would be canceled and I would be refunded automatically, I would not need to do anything.

I just went into MDE and see they are up to May 1 in canceling, last night they were, according to CM, up to Mid-April in canceling.

I hope my new plans work out and I hope the world is safe.

Last edited:
I moved my May 5th package to October - I could hardly find any dates with a standard room at AKL available so I'm glad I changed it when I did.
We moved our end of April trip to October and didn't have any issues with All-Star Movies except that it was booked on Halloween, so we've got a couple of days hanging at the end of our stay! I know it doesn't mean much, but the CM I spoke to said, "The price is going to be higher because there aren't any discounts like the one you used when you booked your other trip...however I'm certain there will be more announced soon."

Called today to switch park tickets from middle of May to the end of June. We had to pay to do this? I thought anyone with reservations through May 31 was allowed to change no charge? They told us they are closed thru April 27, even though the website says "until further notice".

Called today to switch park tickets from middle of May to the end of June. We had to pay to do this? I thought anyone with reservations through May 31 was allowed to change no charge? They told us they are closed thru April 27, even though the website says "until further notice".

Did they charge you or is there just a price difference in the tickets?

My tickets from March turned into ones that are valid until mid December without having to call, but not until the start of our trip came and went. If we had to change them faster (I'm assuming you want to because of potential FP booking), I imagine we would have been charged if there was a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter