• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW food traditions - what are your "must-haves"?

HS: I Never ever miss a Meal At 50's Prime time cafe...Best fried chicken EVER'''' This past trip I was able to get all 3 of my fav's with the sampler , which I'll be getting from now on. + a PB&J Shake to wash it down..

Epcot: We always seem to get a quiche & chocolate mousse pattiserie in France.

MK: Have to ,have to get a warm cookie with ice cream in the middle... Over by the bridge to adventureland ...

AK: Nothing jumps to mind... Just some of the must haves..

MK: Have to ,have to get a warm cookie with ice cream in the middle... Over by the bridge to adventureland ...

How have I missed this?! Between this and the raves about the show at the American Pavilion looks like I may have to be planning another trip...:thumbsup2

My son and I's new favorite things are to go to Germany, get 1 chocolate/caramel covered strawberry and 1 chocolate/caramel covered marshmallow. Then we take turns taking a bite off of each and share! the 2 mixed together are wonderful. Although next time we may be getting 2 of both so we (meaning me) don't have to share.:rotfl2:

-Pastalaya at Rain Forest Cafe
-Pretzel & beer at the German pavilion
-No Way Jose at Beaches and Cream
-Caribbean Jerk chicken at Earl of Sandwich
-Mickey cookie from Boardwalk Bakery

Thankfully lots of walking and a few stops at Muscles and Bustles is made every trip.

First night tradition is to eat at Crystal Palace

Snacks we love are:
Chocolate covered marshamallows that are served speared with a Mickey Head Straw
Dole Whip Floats
Ice Cream Sandwich from Mainstreet Bakery

Gotta have my Dole Whip. And after last year's trip, I'm adding a Grey Goose slushie in France to my "must-do every time" list. Nothing like a frozen adult beverage to cool off in Epcot!

Good thread!

Beignets at POFQ
Hot Dog from Casey's
Mickey Ice Cream Bar
Mickey Rice Crispy Bar
Guinness at the Rose and Crown
Lunch at Biergarten
Lunch at the 50's Diner

Those are the big ones for our family. I must admit that we've never had a Dole Whip. It is on my list for the next trip.

1) Filet at Le Cellier
2) Zebra Domes at Boma (or AKL in general)
3) Cadbury candy in World Showcase

mmmmmmmmmm

How have I missed this?! Between this and the raves about the show at the American Pavilion looks like I may have to be planning another trip...:thumbsup2

It's delish...Used to be a lot better though...Gooey eewwy chocolate chunkie slabs of cookies...Yumm.Also Yes the American adventure is awesome, & bring a few hankies...

1 more thing..I too never ever had a dole whip...Whats wrong with me..LoL :confused3

We always book Yachtsman for our last night. For snacks, I need to get a dole whip and a Mickey ice cream bar or my trip won't feel complete!

-Hot Dogs at Casey's Corner (rumor the dogs have changed and they're not as good. Hope that's not true)
-School Bread from Norway
-Ham & Cheese Croissant from France (and it's only a DDP snack credit)
-Caramel Popcorn from Main Street Confectioner (the one with the drizzled chocolate)
-Cinnamon Rolls from the Main Street Bakery

One thing about a Disney vaca is I can eat this crap and not gain weight with all the walking. :banana:

Absolutely a chocolate-covered Mickey head ice cream. Popcorn from the cart right inside the gate to Main Street popcorn::. And The Crystal Palace. Mid-afternoon beers and a lengthy rest on the terrace at Rose & Crown used to be a must-do when it was just the two of us, but now it doesn't happen that often!!

We have many! Getting a Mickey Pretzel, first breakfast at CP, going to different resorts to check out their quick service, dole whips, getting a cupcake from Starring Rolls.

Chocolate Croissants

Cinnamon Buns

Citrus Swirl (for DH)

Flame Tree BBQ ribs

Frozen Lemonade (not the minute maid...the slushy one)

Frozen Strawberry Oolong Tea in China

Pecos Bill Cheeseburger

For us....

First night dinner at Planet Hollywood...I know the food is just so-so, and the theming is cheesy, but it is a tradition that we can't miss!

We have to do Hoop Dee Doo.

We have to do Prime Time Cafe...yummy fried chicken!!!!

I have to have popcorn at some point, as well as a Mickey cookies and cream sandwich.

WDW Food:love::love::love:
Something I personally must have every vacation is the huge mickey mouse waffle. :goodvibes It's my absolute favorite.
As for my entire family, we MUST have a reservation for Prime Time. Anytime we don't care. We love the food, the waiters and the atmosphere. My brother and I know the TV schedule by heart. Also some of the waiters remember us because we're so wacky.:yay:
A must do is Casey's mini corndogs. YUM. Although I can't really eat 15 of them it's still a must have.
A new one that my family must have is the Tonga Toast for breakfast at Kona at the Poly. SO GOOD, definitely recommend.

I'm afraid to admit that I never even knew what Dole Whip was until a couple weeks ago.:confused3 Must try in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter