We want an 8am-EP then 9am-MK. Is this feasible?

I see this schedule and I see my husband strangling me if I even suggested it. But then again, we have 6 kids in tow.

I am actually considering something very similar...
Arrive for 8am at Epcot
Only to ride spaceship earth
Then travel on monorail to mk
Be there for 9am opening

Might it be better to stay in Epcot until 10 or 10.30 when it gets busier, so you get a bit more done? Book one fastpass for early on, then as soon as you tap into that book two at MK for later and go over after your fast pass. By leaving at 8.45 it seems like you'd be wasting a fair amount of the quieter times travelling, and I believe it's fairly easy to pick up on the day fastpasses at MK

I totally agree with this!

I am actually considering something very similar...
Arrive for 8am at Epcot
Only to ride spaceship earth
Then travel on monorail to mk
Be there for 9am opening

This might be much more doable, especially if you arrive early. You are not trying to get deeper into the park but just getting on a ride near the entrance. One quick ride & out. As long as you are there at rope drop, the wait & ride should be quick.

The problem with the OP’s plan is all the walking into the park & between rides. It is easy to underestimate how long it takes to get from 1 place to the other. And it goes without saying that you would have to be thru security & at the front of the gates to have any chance of this working. Security & entry can take 10 - 15 minutes right there. Add in ride time, loading, unloading & the walk back to the monorail - all that eats up more time than you realize.

Easywdw walkabouts has you arriving at Test Track at 9:30 if you RD FEA and arriving at Soarin' at 9:35 if you RD TT. I don't think you can make it back to the park entrance by 9:45 after doing only two tier 1 rides, even if you rode TT single rider and therefore skipped the design part of the ride. And I think the best case scenario for transportation and going through bag check is 45 minutes. You'd be swapping first hour at MK for first hour at Epcot, rather than getting first hour time at both. That might work for you. It all depends what your priorities are.

In our experience this past Nov, during EMH and first thing in the morning on regular opening, everyone went to the design room. We did both FP+ and single rider and hit the design room both times.

Unless you are first in the park, it's not gonna happen. It takes FOREVER to get through security, into the park, walk to your ride destination, and that Test Track line is a long one with the car making and stuff. Plus it's crowded as all heck there. Unless you are a very fit person with no children, it's not doable. Monorail takes 25 mins from park to park.

I kind of considered something like this .... Would it be possible (the week before Easter) to do a 7 am EMH at AK, then be at Epcot for RD at 9 am opening? I was hoping to get FOP or Navi done at the AK EMH, but maybe just the safari? How hard is it to get from AK to Epcot?

I agree with those saying don’t do it. Even when it should take 30 mins for transportation, stuff often happens (monorail is down a lot) and it winds up taking 60. That is too much prime park time you will be missing (whether 30 or 60 mins)

You'd be swapping first hour at MK for first hour at Epcot, rather than getting first hour time at both.
Now I can see it. Attending both park openings is just not logistically possible, even with perfect timing. Thanks for the responses, really enlightening.

I kind of considered something like doing a 7 am EMH at AK, then be at Epcot for RD at 9 am opening?
This sounds like my original question, but appears more feasible due to a two hour gap between in park openings. It seemingly would allow for a solid hour in each park, with an hour transport time.

KEadler, it may be better to start a new thread for this question. Some readers may still have my original 8am-9am question in their head, when they respond to your 7am-9am question. That would be confusing.

I kind of considered something like this .... Would it be possible (the week before Easter) to do a 7 am EMH at AK, then be at Epcot for RD at 9 am opening? I was hoping to get FOP or Navi done at the AK EMH, but maybe just the safari? How hard is it to get from AK to Epcot?

If you're willing to be at AK by about 6:00 a.m. so as to be in the front of the line, you could probably get both FoP and NA'vi done, and be back outside of AK by 8:15-8:30. You would also need to be willing to take a cab/uber/lyft to EP in order to get there at opening. However, you'll be at the back of the rope drop crowd at EP, so you'll want your FP+ strategically planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter