Wearing a sundress to the parks - any issues you've come across?

Aside from the possible "flash", my concern is the exposed shoulders and sunburn. Is there a better sunscreen to used that may be more forgiving if you forget to reapply every 2 hours?

I apply once in the morning and never burn all day. But, two caveats...

1. There's a lot of shade in these parks.

2. I have a complexion that isn't particularly vulnerable to burning, and no history of skin cancer in my family.

A friend of mine who is a pasty white Irish lass always keeps a small can of that spray sunscreen in her purse and applies it regularly throughout the day. I think if you did that, and tied the application of it to something routine like meals or visits to the restroom, you'll probably be just fine.

Aside from the possible "flash", my concern is the exposed shoulders and sunburn. Is there a better sunscreen to used that may be more forgiving if you forget to reapply every 2 hours?

I'm pretty fair and apply in the morning, before pool time around midday and before going back in the late afternoon. I wear a wide brimmed straw type hat to help with this and do a double application on shoulders and chest. Never burned:)

Oh, please don't do this!

Due to time constraints (in the military, wanted to be able to swim on break) I spent one hot week wearing a swimsuit bottom instead of regular underwear and ended up with the most horrible case of heinie acne imaginable. I actually went to the doc on base because I thought I'd contracted some weird disease. Once he stopped laughing, he told me that our rear ends need to breathe. Swimsuits are meant to be worn in the water, not under your uniform skirt. Then he prescribed talcum powder and cotton undies.

Please learn from my painful experience, and don't make the same mistake I did. :laughing:

Sorry that happened to you! Yow!

I have worn bikini bittoms several times under shorts when going to theme parks with water parks for an entire day. I have never gotten a rash. My swimsuits are made of the same material as my bike shorts, workout capris, etc. They are meant to be sweat in and my bikini bittoms wick away the moisture. I've never gotten anything similar to a rash. I imagine a dress provides even more ventilation.

But I never wear dresses to theme parks, so maybe it's different. I always wear my swimsuit under my clothes on boarding days of cruises too, and am usually in it for 6-8 hours before I get in the pool. No issues.

I always wear undies no matter what I'm layering...
no way...... that would be way too hot and too many layers! Listen...... I just found my ideal solution at Target yesterday! I have spent about a million dollars over the past couple of years looking for a solution that works for me....... (way too much wasted money!) I have figured out that I HATE the feel of nylon spandex undergarments. No matter what I feel overheated,and horrible. (even the JKY) brand I tried recently, I just can't on hot days! SO....after wasting much aforementioned money, I tried my DH's boxer briefs out........what!?!? So loose,and light,and comfortable under a dress! But they're kind of homely and well, you know they have a fly (!) so I found at Target that Hanes makes a Boxer brief for LADIES!!!!!:jumping3: THIS was what my cotton loving self has been looking for! Nope- they're not tight,they're somewhat loose (so airy in the heat!) they have no 'guy-fly':rotfl2: and I love them! Yes, they ride up on the inner thigh a bit, but so does EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING I've tried (oh the wasted money) and since they're not made to be spandex tight, they're easier to 'shake' into proper position.... Honestly, it's now either these, or for more dressier times I found a pair of cotton knit 'pettipants' that are like a shorts/slip under a dress(must wear briefs with these though) now that I've revealed WAY too much about my undergarments here in public:laughing: I will stop talking now. Just wanted to share what I found,and love.

I tend to wear boyshorts under any dress that likes to billow in the wind. But I do often remind myself that my underwear covers actually MORE than my swimsuit.
Since fashion has progressed far beyond knitted wool swimming dresses that cover the ankle to the neck, I should NOT be embarrassed about my exposed body should it happen.

I'm also a big fan of the, "Enjoy the show while it lasts!" commentary, to those certain types of people who like to look. Sure, take a picture if you want, whatever. But I'll be going home with my husband and you'll be left with the memories of your fantasy... ;)

no way...... that would be way too hot and too many layers! Listen...... I just found my ideal solution at Target yesterday! I have spent about a million dollars over the past couple of years looking for a solution that works for me....... (way too much wasted money!) I have figured out that I HATE the feel of nylon spandex undergarments. No matter what I feel overheated,and horrible. (even the JKY) brand I tried recently, I just can't on hot days! SO....after wasting much aforementioned money, I tried my DH's boxer briefs out........what!?!? So loose,and light,and comfortable under a dress! But they're kind of homely and well, you know they have a fly (!) so I found at Target that Hanes makes a Boxer brief for LADIES!!!!!:jumping3: THIS was what my cotton loving self has been looking for! Nope- they're not tight,they're somewhat loose (so airy in the heat!) they have no 'guy-fly':rotfl2: and I love them! Yes, they ride up on the inner thigh a bit, but so does EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING I've tried (oh the wasted money) and since they're not made to be spandex tight, they're easier to 'shake' into proper position.... Honestly, it's now either these, or for more dressier times I found a pair of cotton knit 'pettipants' that are like a shorts/slip under a dress(must wear briefs with these though) now that I've revealed WAY too much about my undergarments here in public:laughing: I will stop talking now. Just wanted to share what I found,and love.

I wear Hanes boxer briefs too! They have short and long lengths, many colors, some stretch. Are you talking about these? :Pinkbounc

50761962_Alt01

shopping

They're the best!!! Literally wearing a pair of the 'mid-thigh' pink boxer briefs now :rotfl: The shorter ones are great too.

I think the only problem is that for some of my sundresses, the waistband might show through, not that it's a big deal. But I'm always willing to try out new underthings so we'll see how the jockeys perform :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter