Wearing dresses to the parks...crazy?

OMG-last yr. I saw a lady in a black leather miniskirt and black stiletto boots- In August no less :scared1: Although it would have been equally offensive any time of year, it was 100 degrees out!!
I could not have even stood up in those shoes, let alone tour MK in them. And the kicker is that she was about 6' tall - without the boots!!:rotfl:Wow, was I perplexed by that one!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: : :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

i plan to wear shorts and tanks during the day but at early evening/night when i go to dinner and return to the parks im going to wear dresses with short bike shorts underneath (just in case getting out of the rides might not go so well) the bike shorts i got are the nike fit ones from sports authority in grey, blue, black and white (im sure you can find these online though i have never looked). i also got dr. scholls sandals (lotus version) in black and white at dsw and famous footwear (also available at several locations online) they also have a brown version but are more elusive and are found on the sale rack at famous footwear. The shorts fit nicely under the dresses, some of the dresses are on the shorter side but the shorts still work and the sandals are SUPER comfortable but have a cute little belt-like clip on the front so it makes it slightly dressier when paired with a sundress for nighttime (even though they are essentially flip flops).

Thanks everyone. Gotta love some expert DIS advice :cloud9:

Major bonus, not having to match outfits. I hadn't thought of that. Dress. Flip flops. Done. :banana:

i would not wear the biker shorts much too hot unless they are cotton less is best no layers cotton underwear are all i can stand key word is comfort if thats black leather boots than great for you me i just need flip flops or comfortable broken in shoes and a simple summer dress light jacket in my bag and i'm dressed for anything with comfort the lighter the clothes the faster they dry on a rainy day or water ride

I love the idea of wearing dresses in the park. I have this dress in a few colors (I wear a snug tank top underneath for more coverage).
49211962-02.jpg

What do you all wear on your feet with dresses/skirts? I can't do the cheap-o Old Navy flip flops and I've even tried the Teva Mush (my feet kill me after just a few hours in these shoes).

What are some suggestions???

I wore dresses almost everyday when I went last year. And yes, I was the dork in sneakers and the dress when I knew we were doing a lot of walking. But, I was cool and my feet were comfy. If I knew we were olny going to be out for a few hours I put on the flip flops. I rode anything and everything I wanted. My dresses were knee to ankle length.

I hate wearing shorts so usually wear capris or a skirt and top - when it gets really hot a dress is perfect as you don't have material sticking around your waist! I would suggest you wear something underneath though - such as some Bridget Jones knickers - just to maintain your modesty on some of the rides ;)

We just got back this past weekend from WDW and am happy to report that my sister & I wore skirts or dresses for most of the week. The skirts I wore were very sporty so wearing tennis shoes or teva like shoes were perfect. My sister wore a cute pair of Keens. The skirts & dresses were not a problem with rides and neither of us wore bike shorts underneath. Hope this helps.

noticed alot of ladies wearing ankle lenght dresses looked really comfortable & summer like wear

What a great idea! I think I'll be looking for some comfy sundresses for my next trip too! :thumbsup2

I love to wear dresses @ the parks!!
They are light and comfortable, as long as they arent too short they are great every where you go! Ill see if I can figure out how to attatch a photo of my disney dress!

I've seen alot of women wearing dresses and the MaryJane style of crocs this summer. That could be an option for skirts/dresses for shoes that are "cute, but comforatble" for more than a few hours.

Yep. I wear sun dresses from www.holyclothing.com :goodvibes and I wear them with Mary Jane crocs with cotton blend bike shorts like thingys to avoid the chaffing. :cutie: I'd put in a pic if I could:). The dresses that I love best are almost ankle length and flowy and gauzy and never cause any trouble (I ride EVERYTHING:)) They have every size from S to 5XL. They have short ones, too... but I'm not that courageous about my legs:).

Women in heels in a theme park scare me. :scared1: And they make my ankles hurt just by looking at them. I want to go up and explain where First Aid is immediately so that they don't have to look for it later!:confused3

I'll be in a dress and mary janes in a month! WOOOO! If ya see me, say hi:woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

H:hippie:

I am bringing 2 summery dresses in Sept and am wearing my Spanx which I am afraid may be too hot but will flatter and prevent chub rub

Yep. I wear sun dresses from www.holyclothing.com :goodvibes and I wear them with Mary Jane crocs with cotton blend bike shorts like thingys to avoid the chaffing. :cutie: I'd put in a pic if I could:). The dresses that I love best are almost ankle length and flowy and gauzy and never cause any trouble (I ride EVERYTHING:)) They have every size from S to 5XL. They have short ones, too... but I'm not that courageous about my legs:).

Women in heels in a theme park scare me. :scared1: And they make my ankles hurt just by looking at them. I want to go up and explain where First Aid is immediately so that they don't have to look for it later!:confused3

I'll be in a dress and mary janes in a month! WOOOO! If ya see me, say hi:woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

H:hippie:
Wow -- those are some great prices! And beautiful dresses to boot - I'd be afraid to mess them up.

I'm going in January - still not sure enough about the weather to know what to wear! But it probably won't be leather pants/skirt with stiletto boots - makes my feet hurt just thinking about it.

Well, I'm really glad I started this thread...I was working out like crazy in preparation for wearing shorts, which seems a bit of a waste now, but at least my legs should be able to handle all the walking!

I'm glad you started this thread too, I was also wondering about wearing dresses to the park! So since I read this, I went out shopping and bought three cute summer dresses at Goody's. I also found a Mikey dress and some Mickey skimmer flats on sale for $12.99 a pair at the Disneyoutlet.com website. They are adorable, and the shipping was soooo fast! I hope they will be comfortable to walk in all day. I got a pair of silver malindi crocs too, thought they would look cute with dresses. I had to order them from the croc.com website, tried to find them around here and I had a salesman check on them for me, he said there were none in the whole state of Alabama! Also got hubby some t-shirts to wear , one was only $4.99 and the other was only $7.99!

The countdown is on in a MAJOR way now, and I'll be smiling at all you ladies in the dresses! :goodvibes

I'm bringing cotton dresses for my upcoming trip. I think I'll dry off faster wearing those after riding anything that gets me wet. I wore them in Argentina and Uruguay in the unbearable heat and humidity and survived. And we walked A LOT on that trip.

For footwear, I've got two pairs of Mary Jane Crocs, and a pair of silver Malindi Crocs, which are like little slingback ballet flats. Those are my "fancy" shoes haha.

Now if I could convince my DBFF that I can wear them in her wedding....

Get the Target brand of Spanx in the nude color. They are light weight and perfect under a dress. I always bring a few pair. Love them!

I have to 2nd (3rd? 4th? :)) dresses in parks, and for hiking and some sports too. I've loved the Patagonia hiking dresses in the past and right now I have some of the LL Bean summer knit dresses, I've even seen some tennis dresses that didn't look too tennis-y. I never bothered with anything extra underneath for coverage, after all I wouldn't put bike shorts on over a swim suit if I were going out to swim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter