Wed

Giniapup

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!:wave2:

I'm so excited to start planning this has been a dream of mine for years and I can't believe it's finally happening. We are getting married November 14, 2014 at the wedding pavilion 7:30pm ceremony followed by cocktail hour at isola during the fireworks with the reception at AAR from 930pm to 130AM.

A little back ground on us my names Kathleen I'm 28 and a RN I'm marrying the love of my life Jamal he's 29 and NYPD officer. He's work is going to give us a little trouble with the planning as he can't take vacation 6 months before the wedding leading all the way up to three days before our wedding date. So we aren't sure how we are going to go down for a planning session but where there is a will there is a way! We got engaged in Disney. I was in Disney with my friend for a girls weekend, she was running the Food and wine half marathon. She and I flew in on Friday spent the day in the magic kingdom and just as we were about to leave he surprised me by Cinderella wishing well on the side of the castle during the castle light ceremony I was so shock. He kept the whole thing a surprise from everyone no one knew he had flown down a couple hours after me. He knew the last time we were down there I had tossed a coin into the well wishing he would propose in Disney which is why he did it there.
530388_10151773389444227_1910547246_n.jpg

We haven't been given a wedding planner yet but we should soon they said 7 to 10 business days so I'm assuming with the holidays it will be sometime at the beginning of Jan.

So far I have my dress for the reception and I have two bridesmaid dresses I'm looking at that I really like, they are from the 2014 Alfred Angelo collection.

this is my dress for the reception
Alfred-Angelo-cinderella-azzurro-OK-foto-colinweddings-530x538.4964442_std.jpg

Yay!! Ok so--- this is crazy, but I was in Disney during this past food and wine half marathon, AND I'm from NY. And the fact that your wedding dress is colored makes my life!! And of course you've chosen my favorite venue.

Let's be best friends!

(Just kidding but I AM subscribing!)

Not too much to update. I am still waiting for a wedding planner so in the meantime I am spending time picking out tiny details like stamps, celebration buttons, save the date cards, etc. Zazzle is fun. :0)

These are the buttons guest will get at checkin
la_zps30299703.png
[/URL][/IMG]

These are the stamps i ordered for my save the dates
min_zpscd8fd040.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Yay!! Ok so--- this is crazy, but I was in Disney during this past food and wine half marathon, AND I'm from NY. And the fact that your wedding dress is colored makes my life!! And of course you've chosen my favorite venue.

Let's be best friends!

(Just kidding but I AM subscribing!)
Andeesings where are you from in NY? Is food and wine not the best, I'm thinking of going this year again it's the weekend before my wedding. I had such a blast!

Andeesings where are you from in NY? Is food and wine not the best, I'm thinking of going this year again it's the weekend before my wedding. I had such a blast!

I'm from Long Island, and yes, food & wine is AMAZING I love going! This year I'm going to Disney so much I've got an annual-- I might actually be there in late September, in October AND in November. ...Is that too much? Lol. I just need to meet my dream man and finally get my own happily ever after.

I live in Queens, and you can never go to Disney to much! Hope you made out ok in all the snow we had. :)

The save the dates came and I'm super excited to send them out they came out really cute!
get-attachment_zps7e2d2855.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Only Problem is our guest list is out of control, we only planned on 100 people 110 Max. Well we have 126 people all of which want to come. They are all family and close friend, and friends of our parents who would be upset if we didn't invite them. I budgeted out the cost and it comes out to around $66,000. We were planning on spending 45,000 to 50,000 on the wedding. I had a bit of a freak out yesterday about it and was going through all the extra thing we would cut to afford the extra ppl ( ex. photo booth, lighting) Df is so cool about the whole thing he's plan " we won't cut anything I'll just work a lot of overtime". I don't think he realizes just how much over time he's going to have to do. :( I know he just wants me to be happy and have everything I want for my dream wedding, but it just seem to be so much trouble. I don't now what to do, I'm going to have to sit down with both set of parents and try and cut the list of ppl down somewhere or cut the extras we were planning on.

Anyway I'm hoping tomorrow I will be assigned my wedding planner finger crossed!:)

I sent out the save the dates so I feel it's officially happening now eek!

I got a few things done this week...

Booked Pastor Luther Kikstler as our wedding officiant . He is a retired Lutheran Pastor, my father is a retired Episcopalian Minster so he wanted me to get a Pastor from what would be the closest to the tradition of the Episcopal Church. In the episcopal church an Episcopal Minister can't marry you outside the church without getting written permission from the bishop in the area you are getting married in and they almost never give it. I also like pastor Kikstler because out of all the Minsters I email hes the only one who didn't send back a generic email you know the kind you can tell they just change the name when they send it. He sent me back a really nice email and told me that if my father wanted to help to do the ceremony with him or be a part of it in some way he'd be more then happy to do that.

I also booked Beauté Spécialé for my hair and make up they seem really nice and looking at the work they have done it sold me.

I'm about to put the deposit down on Key moment films. I looked at a few different videographer's and DF liked them the best. I spoke to Mary on the phone she is super nice so I just have to go online and book her.

And finally I got Jennifer Morse for Photography she does amazing work and I'm super excited to have gotten her. I'm flying her in from Michigan for the wedding here's some of her work http://www.jennifermorsephotography.com

So now everything else I need I have to book with Disney. I'm still waiting on a planner so not much else I can do for now.

I realized I never posted picture of my engagement ring(s) I say ring(s) because when DF did he's surprise proposal in Disney the ring he ordered hadn't come in yet. So he bought a ring at the jewelry store in the Magic Kingdom and proposed with that one. Then when we came back he got my actual ring and proposed again with that one in the kitchen :rotfl:. So I wear the Mickey ring on my right ring finger and my "real engagement " ring on my left ring finger.

ring_zps14b730b4.png
[/URL][/IMG]

20131124_144717_zpsef55417b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's an A Jaffe ring it's suppose to look like a flower

20140111_123836_zps5f737225.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
And my mickey ring this is the one he did the real proposal with. I LOVE this ring I wanted to just keep this as my ring and not get the other one but DF wouldn't have it

Hi Kathleen!

Sounds like you guys are well on your way. :) I know you said that it's looking like $66k with everyone you want to invite - are you planning a dinner ceremony/reception, or have you looked into a brunch or lunch one? I know a lot of people suggest doing either brunch or lunch to help cut down costs if you have a lot of guests. Mostly just curious about your plans. :flower3:

Hi Kathleen!

Sounds like you guys are well on your way. :) I know you said that it's looking like $66k with everyone you want to invite - are you planning a dinner ceremony/reception, or have you looked into a brunch or lunch one? I know a lot of people suggest doing either brunch or lunch to help cut down costs if you have a lot of guests. Mostly just curious about your plans. :flower3:

Hi Alyaki,

I have to have a Dinner, I'm having my reception at the American Adventure Rotunda in the American pavilion in Epcot. Since it is an attraction open to the public till 7pm i think, I can't have my reception till 930P to give them time to clean and set up after the attraction it closed. So the plan for the day is the ceremony will be at the wedding Pavilion at 730pm then cocktail hour will be from 830p to 930pm in Epcot at Isola in Italy during the fireworks (it's the same has having a derrest party except we'll have cocktail foods and drink) and the the reception will be from 930pm to 130a. I love the AAR so i'm left with no choice so to speak! :)

Hello!!! We're wedding weekend twins, haha. We're getting married on 11/16/14. Much smaller event though :)

I love everything you have planned so far, and your engagement rings (both of them!) are beautiful. He did a really good job!!

Your save the dates turned out really cute!! $66K IS a lot of overtime...hopefully you can find a few places to trim or some of the people that are so sure they are going to come will end up not coming after all? But wow, I can't wait to read about your wedding, it sounds like it will be AMAZING!!!

Brooke

Had a few exciting things happen this week......

I finally got my planner and I'm super happy with her already!
We had a phone appt on Friday, she asked me for some dates that would work for us to come down for our planning session. I also told her I wanted to reserve the Napa room at the CG for my rehearsal dinner and Cinderella's coach. Saturday morning she emailed me that she was able to get me a planning session on June 2nd just like I wanted, as well as she booked the Napa room and the coach!

After I got her email I booked an appt for June 3rd with Beauté Spécialé for a hair and make up trial, and set up a meeting with the Pastor for June 4th to meet him and his wife Dottie. I finally feel as if things are moving alone!

I had a appt at Alfred Angelo on Monday and I bought my ceremony dress! I love it, it's completely different then the reception dress and I think df will really really like it. I like Alfred Angelo they have gorgeous dresses at a really reasonable price.

Also got my wedding shoes they are by a London designer Aruna Seth (she made the shoe's Pippa Middleton wore to the royal wedding) . I saw these shoes and fell in LOVE with them then I looked at the price $1,150 :eek: I almost had a stroke! I found a pair on ebay never worn in my size and the person selling them lived 10mins from my house. I got them for more then 50% off the original price. :yay: They fit perfect I'm so happy I was able to get them. They have crystal butterfly detail on the front, and are made out of lace with a silver metallic thread. :lovestruc
20140120_195408_zps00dd6fea.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140120_195429_zpsd9790b68.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140120_195440_zps4b113688.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also started making the paper flowers for the bouquets. The plan is to have the 9 bridesmaid each have a paper flower bouquet made from different Disney love stories, Cinderella, Snowhite ect. Then my bouquet will be made with paper flowers from all the different stories. The boutonnieres will also be made out of the story of the bridesmaid of which the Groomsmen will be paired.:flower3:

20140120_200754_zps605fb73b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140120_200807_zps251feacf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is made out of a page from snowwhite. I don't really want to have that many real flowers, because it's a destination wedding I fell like they would just go to waste.

That is SO creative! I love the paper flowers, I can't wait to see the bouquets done.

I also love the shoes. Wow. So happy you're doing a planning journal!

What a cute proposal ring and just at how gorgeous your actually ring is!!! :) Loving all the details so far on your big day!

LOVE those shoes! So beautiful and different from anything I've seen before! Sounds like you got a great deal too! Way to go!

I keep looking at the paper flower bouquets on Etsy, they are so pretty. I love your idea of having each bridesmaid (and her groomsman) having their flowers from the pages of one particular story and then your bouquet combining all the stories...Can't wait to see how they all turn out, I bet it will be so pretty!

Brooke

It's been a while since I posted not much has been going on but here's a few updates.

We are thinking of moving the ceremony from 7:30pm at the wedding pavilion to 5pm. I was fine with taking picture before the ceremony but DF really has his heart set on seeing me for the first time walking down the isle. So our planner is going to send us some information on how much more we would be spending if we moved the ceremony up.

Next is we booked our MK and Epcot portrait shoot it will be the Monday after our wedding November 17th. Fingers crossed it doesn't get canceled or they make it a block out date!

I've been in communication with Shelley from impressions she is going to be doing our invites, door hangers, seating card ect. I got samples of two invites I like from her in the mail. I really like both of them a lot so DF will be the last word, cause otherwise i'll never make up my mind!

Lastly when we go down in June we are going to do an engagement shoot we haven't decided if we are going to have it at one of the resorts, Ak or Epcot. I think we are leaning towards the AK.

Fridays the 9 month mark ekkk :goodvibes

Congrats on the 8 month mark!!! Why would there be additional costs of doing your wedding at 5 instead of 7.30? Just curious!

Hi andeesings,

I'm really not sure why it would be more, the planner said we would have to have the buses longer and photo for longer. Besides that she didn't mention and I can't think of why it would be anymore. That's way I asked her to send me a breakdown as to the cost of moving the ceremony up to 5pm. The photo wont be a problem I'm having Disney but I'm having my own photographer too. So I would just have Disney show up after the ceremony if they would charge more. I don't really trust Disney in capturing important moments well. I'm pretty much just having them 1) cause I love picture so the more the better 2) use them has a second shooter and 3) book MK shoot early. As for the buses it would prob be a few hundred more but that's not going to make or break us budget wise. I'm interested to see what she sends me. I'll keep you posted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter