Weight Loss 2009

LSmith - the recipe ideas are interesting. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2

Breakfast is something I have to work on because I don't like to get up in the morning. For a while I was drinking a weightloss drink (Slim-quick type thing) on the way to work and then having a snack at break time. But I'm out of those, and so now its back to a peanut butter sandwich in the morning and then some raw veggies/fruit at break time.

Hi again.

hard to do list,

chips....eating after 8 PM especially since I'm a shift worker, I can't seem to be able to throw out the snack food from x-mas and new years, however I did throw out the dark chocolates and after eights but the finger food is still around and very high in fat and cals... and very tempting (sausage rolls, kiche, you know the baked stuff you get in the freezer section of the grocery store at new years ). water,,, will try to take in more water and low or no salt. I did manage to get on the tread mill 3 days out of 4 so there's an improvement.

I will pledge to get on to the treadmill in about 20 minutes, not snack on chips today (finished them last night and so there are none in the house to tempt me).

What else..? HMMM ?

good to do list..

read your comments and ideas.. have done that and must say I feel better knowing there is someone else like me trying like heck to live a healthier life.

my weigh in is going to be every sunday,what is yours and how often do you get on the scale or measure up ?

Slow but steady, I will win this race by finishing it. :) :dance3: :)

I lost 4 pounds this week. Started at 212, now 208. I'd like to get to 199 before California, but that's 11 sleeps away, so I might be S.O.L.

I was over 240 at this time last year....so at least I'm moving in the right direction.

Good luck everyone! S

I lost 4 pounds this week. Started at 212, now 208. I'd like to get to 199 before California, but that's 11 sleeps away, so I might be S.O.L.

I was over 240 at this time last year....so at least I'm moving in the right direction.

Good luck everyone! S

Great Job Sandra!

You just never know what may happen in the next 11 days. But whatever does you should be proud of yourself because I am proud of you!

Hey Girls

Id love to join. Im a Single Mom to 2 amazing kids DS6 and DD2 and I badly want to lose 20 lbs by our trip April 20th.

Im counting points and starting to exercise. Im not really sure how many points I should be eating tho..lol I have to be really careful in college I had a pretty severe eating disorder so Im be careful not to get carried away. Now I have my kids to live for tho so...Everything has changed but its still in the back of my mind to be careful.

I worked at Dr Bernsteins as a nurse.(not a good place for those with eating disorders) but I quit because I had a lot of concerns of client safety. We handed out lasix/water pills a little too easily in my opinion and I had a few clients pass out on the diet. I just wasnt comfortable working there.

Anyways if anyone knows how they determine how many points one can have id greatly appreciate knowing. Between hockey and trip saving WW is not in my budget.

I'm sure Dr. B is great for some folks, but I have two friends who did Dr. B and it really messed them up.

Both lost tons of weight and both gained the weight back and then some.

One friend lost over 150 lbs and gained 200 lbs back. I worry about her.

S

I think that anyone who goes on any diet, loses weight and then proceeds to gain back even more weight probably has a food addiction and can't blame the diet itself. It can happen after any diet. I know people who are over 200 pounds and have been on many, many different diets. Lose 10, gain 15, lose 15, gain 20, etc., etc. It's usually just a bad relationship with food that keeps getting worse.

Every time I hear someone say that a certain diet doesn't work because when you go off it you gain back the weight I think, DUH! People not only go back to their old habits but also think "screw it nothing works so I'm just going to continue to eat". Food addiction is probably bigger than drug and alcohol addiction.

When I gain weight I know why. It's the lack of dieting and my love of food.

Hey Girls

Anyways if anyone knows how they determine how many points one can have id greatly appreciate knowing. Between hockey and trip saving WW is not in my budget.

If you have about $30 to spare, you can order a ww calculator from ebay. we got my mom one for christmas and it does the calculations for you. Also, you can get a PDA program that will do the same. (this is what I use...not sure how much it costs because I inherited my mother in laws old PDA with the program already on it.)...if you like you can PM me and I can calculate it for you to get you started.:thumbsup2

You can pick up the WW calculator at any meeting, you don't have to be a member, just say you are purchasing it as a gift for another member.
I am on the new momentum program and I am loving it.
There is no longer core or points just one program now. It combines points w/ core making the best out of the 2 programs but also giving more structure and portion control to the core program.
When I first joined WW a year ago, the leader in my first meeting talked about food addiction and how it def was the same as drug addicts and alcoholics. It really hit home and I thin that is why I have had more success there than anywhere.
I've got my weigh-in on Sat., 5 lbs my first week, lets see week #2 has to offer.
Did anyone catch Biggest Loser last night? I have never seen such large contestants, these are def the biggest they have ever had. It really brought tears to my eyes.
But I must add that I really hated how they sent half the people home. Oh well, I guess.
Good night.:angel:

Disney ~ Feb 19th and A Carnvial Cruise March 13th ~ I need to get my butt in gear :drive:

I'm ready for the moral support ~ bring it on!!!!!!!

Teresa

Thanks so Much Guys for the Warm Welcome.

For all the points counters..lol i jsut have one question what are saltine crackers worth? hehehe

Thanks guys

TIP:

I've been making Jello Light for a late night snack. It's only about 40 calories and the gelatine is filling. I don't love the chemical part of it....I'm a bit of a granola-bar....but I'm vain enough to gooble it up.

Hi again. I did my weekly weigh in today, I don't know if its just a fluke or what but I am down 4lbs:cool1: this week. Now to just keep those numbers keep coming in lower.
Just a note. I picked up the Peoples weight loss issue today.

For all the points counters..lol i jsut have one question what are saltine crackers worth? hehehe
I know that they are ridiculously high as are most crackers. I think you only get like 3 for 1 point. If you send me the calories per serving, fat grams per serving, and fibre content per serving, I'll calculate it for you. Gratefully we do not have any of those in the house.

Hi again. I did my weekly weigh in today, I don't know if its just a fluke or what but I am down 4lbs:cool1: this week. Now to just keep those numbers keep coming in lower.
Just a note. I picked up the Peoples weight loss issue today.

Awesome!!! I was exactly the same for my WI and I will take it! :rotfl2:

BTW WW has the Sourdough Pretzel Crisps and Multigrain Crisps (2 points per pack, 6 packs per box) on for $2.50 at our location. They're really good or at least I like them :goodvibes

Alright - I'm jumping back in here with both feet!!

I'm going to be 39 on May 31st :scared1: and really want to get this weight off and keep it off before I hit the big 4-0 :scared1:

Also my mother is overweight and has some major health issues because of it - I don't want to end up in a wheelchair like she has when I hit my retirement - she retired (finally) in August last year and the same month lost mobility and had major spinal surgery and despite 4 months in the rehab and lots and lots of therapy she still isn't walking or even close to walking :sad2:

My goal - to slowly start changing my eating habits, portion sizes, drink more water and get more exercise and keep it that way. I won't be changing everything overnight but will start out slow with increasing my water intake and being more aware of what I'm eating (and keep track of it on my ipod note pad!!)

I'd like to be 'fit' and down at least 15-20lbs by the start of golfing season so I can keep up with my guys and get lots of use out of my new clubs (with the Mickey cover :) - and be down at least 30lbs by August when we go to DL!!

Got myself a used Treadmill today. I promise myself I willl use it!:rotfl: :yay:

Our city rec centre has a walking track and I looked into it today. After watching the Biggest Loser (we'd watched the first part the other night but just finished hour 2) I think I will go sign up tomorrow for the walk/swim/skate program. It'll give me more options of things to do.

WTG Dianna for joining us!! And my friend posting just before this that bought the treadmill, awesome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter