Weight Loss 2009

pkitty

Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me
Hi all. I can't find SandyC's weight loss thread to renew it. So I decided to create a new one; SandraC I hope you don't mind. I Hope this thread will stay around until atleast my March trip to WDW. I want to loose about 20 pounds before I leave to see the mouse. I know its going to be hard, but even a 10 pound drop will make me verrry happpy....I see alot of others want to loose some weight as well and I am one who needs all the help I can get to keep me going and motivated. So please join me or drop me your thoughts.. and ideas to help keep off the weight and stick to the plan of living a healthier life. Together we can get this done.

I try not to look at the big picture all the time only the next five pounds.

good luck..:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :banana: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

P.S.

The Disney Store have all stainless steel Mickey travel mugs on sale for 6.99.

Hi. I am on here too. We head to Disney March 5 and I NEED a change. ALSO dd 20 is getting married in Aug so I want to find a dress in Florida.We just cleaned out the fridge all ready for the GOOD food.
I am 209.5 now.:scared1: My first goal is 200. Its the whole water thing, I rather have a Coke or chocolate milk a nono.

I'm in. I want to lose a bunch of weight but my first goal is 20 lbs. If I lose that I want to talk to my doctor about a breast reduction. So that's my first goal.

Thanks for starting the thread.

Hey there! Count me in! I have lost 15 lbs since our last trip to DL in September and I still have another 20 lbs to go to reach my first major goal. Once I have reached that then I still would like to loose 30-40 lbs. But the 20 would be nice before summer so that I have the energy to keep up with my boys who are very active!

DH and I are heading to DL Feb 3 so if I can loose 5 lbs by then I will be thrilled.

So what is everyone going to do to help? Diet plans? Excersise programs?
Please share so that maybe other will be inspired as well.

Me I am on medical leave from Curves until at least February but I do have a Wii Fit and an Ab DVD that I am going to start on everyday tomorrow once the boys are back in school. As for eating we are cutting back on the eating out and at home portion size and not eating after dinner unless it's a movie nightpopcorn:: .

Well good luck all my fellow Disser's I know we can do this!:banana:

:thumbsup2

Count me in!!!

I want to lose 10 pounds in 69 days. This is very reasonable, 1 pound a week. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Count me in. I need to loss 10 pounds to meet my ideal (before dd) weight. I want to go it before June but those last 10 pounds are sooooo hard to loss:mad:

I'm in too! I would like to lose 20 pounds again. I keep going up and down this 20 lbs, so hopefully I will get there again. I just got my room really organized and it's been clean for a week, so here's hoping I can stick to my resolutions this year! :rotfl2:

I am also in. I started a week ago at WW, just before new years, and I lost 5 lbs my first week!!! 30 more to go before I can become lifetime. I have had a lot of success w/ WW (and no I do not work for WW :goodvibes )
I lost 40 lbs with them from Oct 07 to June 08. I thought I could go it alone & gained 12 lbs in the last 6 mths. But I didn't venture too far.
Maybe we could do a weekly weigh in, or share exercise tips, recipes, meal plan ideas, and just general support.
I am starting back at the gym tomorrow morning as I've been off for 2 wks and I'm nervous. Every time I work out & do WW I never seem to lose as much. So i'm just going to start back w/ my spinning classes & ease into the weight training slowly.
My eating tip from this past week was that I went to bed early at 8pm right after my DD18mths went to bed. I didn't go to sleep but I did my nightly TV watching in bed so it prevented me from snacking at night. This really is my bad habit, so I think I've found a way to curb it.
Also the Biggest Loser starts on Tuesday so I'm hoping to lose weight and work out along w/ them & track my progress. While I would never expect to lose what they do, I'd be interested to see how well I could do by the end of the 12 weeks.

Thanks for the thread! I am happy to join the group.

My goal is 10-15 lbs by March 15th!

My plan:
1. Attend WW weekly
2. Activate my two month pass to Curves by Wed. this week
3. JOURNAL what I am eating!!
4. Walk 5x/weekly w/walk away the pounds dvds
5. Post here for motivation and a kick in the pants

count me in!:thumbsup2

I have 2 young kids that eat constantly...I seem to always have food out for one reason or another...my DH works shifts and would like to drop some lbs too but his schedule really messes with his eating and that messes with mine :guilty: ...any extra encouragement would be very helpful...we are going back on WW starting tomorrow (counting pts.)

count me in!:thumbsup2

I have 2 young kids that eat constantly...I seem to always have food out for one reason or another...my DH works shifts and would like to drop some lbs too but his schedule really messes with his eating and that messes with mine :guilty: ...any extra encouragement would be very helpful...we are going back on WW starting tomorrow (counting pts.)

You're in the right place for support & encouragement!!
Great family picture btw!!

Great idea to start this thread.

I'm looking to loose about 40lbs total but would be happy with 20 for now to get me started.

I've done WW and it's a great program but, being impatient I'd love to loose the weight a little faster and then worry about keeping it off once it's off. I know that sounds ridiculous, especially since I agree with eating properly and making my eating changes a part of a lifestyle change.

Anyone out there recommend a faster weight loss program? I know programs like Bernstein's and Herbal Magic but wondered if there is something out there i'm missing.

Good luck to everyone!!!

My dw has lost 15 lbs in the last 2 months by simply drinking 8 glasses of water per day and cutting out all (yup that's right...all) pop. She drinks one coffee per day and tries not too eat past 8 pm at night. She doesn't eat chips but will eat rice cakes like they are going out of style. Try 2 rice cakes plus one bottle of water and your good to go for at least 2 hours....guilt free. She'll have 2 rice cakes, a yogurt, a banana and a bottle of water and she is good for 4-5 hours. Water she says has taken away all the cravings, so now things actually taste too sweet, or too salty. You need fluid to push fluid, you sleep better and if you are exercising it is a sure fire way to avoid sore muscles (this is caused by dehydration during exercise). Try it out...if it works for her it may work for some of you as well......:thumbsup2

Hey all, I'm in for 25lbs. I did it b4 just last year, learned from my mistakes by letting it come back on. :sad2: Ready for Round 2!!

I'm cutting back carbs (all I ate, really), increasing fibre, eating some good fat every day (raw almonds). Drinking green tea. Broke down and had pancakes this a.m., but worked it into my day calorie-wise. Hate the gym, until I get there. So bleepin' cold out.

Fruit is now my friend for my sweet after dinner fix.

GoooooOOOOOOOO Canadian DISers! :cheer2:

Anyone out there recommend a faster weight loss program? I know programs like Bernstein's and Herbal Magic but wondered if there is something out there i'm missing.

Dr. Bersteins will get the weight off of you fast but you will pay through the nose for it unless you have an insurance plan that covers it and there are some out there that cover up to 50% of it. You just need to check w/ your insurance provider. I have personally nevre done it but have seen many people lost tons of weight but only to put it back on.

On another note I was watching CITY news the other night and they were reviewing the top 4 diets & the only real program they mentioned was WW. BTW anyone doing WW, how do you like the new Momentum program?

I have also heard recently that drinking a glass of water w/ 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice in it 30 mins prior to a meal is supposed to aid in weight loss.
In fact our leader at WW says that is what they do in the UK and the UK WW is apparently always 6 mths ahead of us.

You're in the right place for support & encouragement!!
Great family picture btw!!
thanks:goodvibes its an old pic from about a yr and a half ago...i will get a new one up one of these days:rotfl:

I have also heard recently that drinking a glass of water w/ 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice in it 30 mins prior to a meal is supposed to aid in weight loss.
In fact our leader at WW says that is what they do in the UK and the UK WW is apparently always 6 mths ahead of us.

just want to let everyone know that lemon in water is really bad for your teeth. I have sensitive teeth and when my dentist asked about my drinking habits (i don't drink alcohol...personal choice) ...which at the time was water with lemon and pop, he just about hit the roof and I had to endure a huge lecture :scared1: about the enamel eroding properties of lemon in water (didn't mention about the pop but that's bad too)...."if you have to drink it, use a straw." was his concession to my habits.....I have cut back on both lemon and pop and have noticed that my teeth are not quite so sensitive...just wanted to let everyone know about the possible side effect.:thumbsup2 (but i think i will go and get more straws to give the lemon thing a try!:rotfl: )

Just wanted to share some tips on how I lost weight last year on a low carb diet.

Random thoughts:

Fruit is very high in sugar. It may be healthy for you but it's not diet food. Don't overdo it on the fruit. One apple or grapefuit or 6 strawberries a day. The sugar in fruit will change into carbs.

Cut out all bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, carrots, peas and pop and juice.

Eat protein. Chicken breasts (no skin) and fish unadorned with sauce.

Drink diet pop for a sweet fix.

Make yourself a big salad every day. Lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, celery. Use the spray salad dressings.

You can eat a ton of broccoli and cauliflower. NO butter. Squeeze lime juice over it. Surprisingly good.

No alcholol. Absolutely no cookies, chips or candies. Not even one. No peanut butter, jam.

For an after dinner snack drink low-sodium chicken broth.
Lots and lots of water.

After the first 3 days of dieting you will not crave the carbs anymore. Just get through the first 3 and then it gets much easier.

You will lose 10 pounds in two weeks, for sure. I lost 30 pounds in 2 and a half months.

PS There is not a diet out there that will "keep the weight off" if you go back to eating like you used to. After you go off the diet you must change your eating habits or you will regain the weight. Taking the weight off slowly does not necessarily mean it stays off longer.

Also, you do not have to exercise to lose weight on this diet.

Sign me up too!! I can't do the extreme - no sugar, no carbs, no this or no that but since September both DH and I have been counting points and we are down 20 lbs (him) and 15 lbs (me). We both have 20 lbs to go but since we're both doing it, it's alot easier. We're cruising in November and I want to look good in a new bathing suit!;)

Gotta love the Wii Fit!! I'm a SAHM with 2 young children but they love to watch me work out with the Wii!! Baby steps - everyone will get there!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm working on losing weight before my Disney trip too. 8 weeks to go! Last night I had the whole family working out together. Well, not really our 2 year old. :)

That show, The Last 10lbs is going to be part of my motivation. I'm going to follow a similar eating plan/calories and workout plan. I'll get to do it twice over though, since I have 2 months left.

I went to Old Navy last night and bought a swim suit for motivation. :) I'll try it on every 2 weeks and hope for some major results.

Good luck everyone!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter