Wendy Williams . . . I can't even

fly girl

DIS Veteran
Well, last month we had the thread about her mocking a cleft lip. So low class.

Last week she criticized gay men for wearing skirts and heels. I saw her "tearful" apology. :rolleyes2 She couldn't even say LGBTQ+ without stumbling.

And yesterday she made a joke about Drew Carey's ex-finance Amie Harwick's death. When your studio audience goes silent and gasps, that is warning sign you went way too far. You are the lowest of the low. Something is wrong with WW. She doesn't have the decency to step back and realize this is someone's daughter. This is someone who was loved. People are grieving, and you are making a tasteless joke at her expense? (as of now, no apology, but I'm sure it's coming.)

How many times are we going to hear her apologize? And how many times does she get a pass? I cannot believe she hasn't had advertisers pull from her program. :confused3 I just don't get it! She needs to go.

ETA: here is a YouTube clip of her latest antics in case you missed it.

ETA AGAIN: I DO NOT WATCH HER SHOW! I have seen these things due to entertainment news, social media, and threads on the Dis. You do not need to watch her show to know what she has done.

Last edited:

So this is an example of what is known as “cancel culture”, right? None of you actually watch her show; you just want her off the air.
Now I get it. I assumed you watched her show and thus knew about her various controversies. I take a different approach. If someone’s opinions bother me, I don’t watch them. To each his own. Peace ✌️ out.

So this is an example of what is known as “cancel culture”, right? None of you actually watch her show; you just want her off the air.
Now I get it. I assumed you watched her show and thus knew about her various controversies. I take a different approach. If someone’s opinions bother me, I don’t watch them. To each his own. Peace ✌️ out.

If someone is making a sick cruel joke I call them on it. To each their own.

Besides this is a place for chat. If you don’t like our opinions don’t read them. Simple.

Why do you continue to watch her if she bothers you so much? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't watch her!!! I just keep seeing her on entertainment news when it is on in the background while doing dishes.

I forgot to put that in my original post because I knew someone would ask!!

Now I get it. I assumed you watched her show and thus knew about her various controversies. I take a different approach. If someone’s opinions bother me, I don’t watch them. To each his own. Peace ✌ out.

Wrong!!

I am not into cancel culture, I don't like that . . . especially when it is about something they have done in the past. But cancel culture is about ONE thing. She has done these 3 things in less than a month. 1 month! Totally different in my eyes.

Actually my opinion was the one being questioned/challenged. I don’t have a problem with other people’s opinions, but apparently some do. I don’t think I’ve quoted anyone. 🤔

You said we should “peace out” because we dislike a horrible woman making distasteful remarks about the recent murder of a domestic violence victim.

The cleft lip thing was all over our news locally as one of local football heros has a cleft lip as does his infant son and he did a huge social media campaign to get WW to own up to her awful comments.

No, I said peace out after saying “ to each his own” (opinion)... and because I wanted to leave the thread in peace ☮️. People can agree to disagree. It’s a community chat board with many points of view.

Actually my opinion was the one being questioned/challenged. I don’t have a problem with other people’s opinions, but apparently some do. I don’t think I’ve quoted anyone. 🤔

I don't have any problem with your opinion. I posted this thread to see what others thought.

I quoted to answer your inquiry about watching her and that I don't believe this is an example of cancel culture. You are welcome to disagree.

And? So has racism, sexism and bigotry. Should we continue to ignore it because we don’t “like their opinions” and want to “peace out”?

It was a tasteless joke, it was far from racism, sexism or bigotry :rolleyes:
If you don't find her jokes amusing then feel free to call her out, but to want her canceled because you don't like what she says? Sounds like some people need to grow thicker skin and just change the channel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter