• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you buying on impulse?

What have you bought recently that was not necessarily financially savvy?

• Total voters
Well I'm back. If we don't get back to normal soon I'm going to open a purse shop. LOL! Since my last post, I've ordered 4 Vera Bradley bags - crossbody/wallet, tote, make up bag and backpack. Plus two more D&B purses - OMG they had an incredible sale. I've been eyeing a Coach purse but I'm waiting for it to go on sale.

I went to First Monday in Canton (https://www.firstmondaycanton.com/) and purchased t-shirts, masks, sweater/cardigan thingie and food. We got their early and got great parking. We were in and out before the crowds arrived.

Well I'm back. If we don't get back to normal soon I'm going to open a purse shop. LOL! Since my last post, I've ordered 4 Vera Bradley bags - crossbody/wallet, tote, make up bag and backpack. Plus two more D&B purses - OMG they had an incredible sale. I've been eyeing a Coach purse but I'm waiting for it to go on sale.

I went to First Monday in Canton (https://www.firstmondaycanton.com/) and purchased t-shirts, masks, sweater/cardigan thingie and food. We got their early and got great parking. We were in and out before the crowds arrived.

I probably shouldn't do this to you, But my favorite purse (well, they don't make my favorite any longer....I have a tea shop and a knitting shop) https://www.vendulalondon.com/us/vendula-seaside-souvenirs-grab-bag I get so many compliments on these!

Omg I’m with you, started with pandemic supplies until my dining room was over grown with TP and paper towel. Now it’s a Disney/loungefly addiction.
I’m gonna have to open a Mercari shop myself soon. On a positive note finally figured out ways to display my bags.

I cant stop buying cans of food and cleaning stuff..
I found a closeout store near me the prices were so good i keep stocking up supplies. I never did that before and March.
Me too. I suddenly have found that if I don’t have toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning wipes and a months supply of food I am checking every day for these items to be in stock

Me too. I suddenly have found that if I don’t have toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning wipes and a months supply of food I am checking every day for these items to be in stock
I just reorganized my back room to accommodate the extra TP, antibac wipes, non perishables, etc. I am concerned that we may go into another ugly period of time with this virus this winter. I don't have a hoard. I have 6 of the wipes, about 40 rolls of tp, etc. More than enough to last us a little while and for me to share if others are having a hard time finding things.

I've been guilty of this, too. Originally, my kids were supposed to go back to school in August, so I stocked up on sanitizer. Now, they're supposed to go back 10/9. I still have plenty of sanitizer, but every time I see a display in a store, I think, "Hmmm...". And I just picked up another 3-pack of cleaning wipes in Walmart, even though I have at least 4 unopened can (and several opened ones strategically located around the house).

I have toilet paper and paper towels, too, but those I typically buy in bulk. Not "case lots of 40" kind of bulk, but a 12-pack in each bathroom.

It's also prime hurricane season, so I have to be ready for that, too. Nothing wipes out Walmart's inventory like the threat of a hurricane in these parts.

While not really an impulse we bought a new truck and fifth wheel RV. We (I) decided we (I) might want one so we started going to RV shows and watching UTube videos to see if it might be worth it. When we decided to do it, hubby bought the new truck to pull it (he needed a new truck any way just wasn't really going to buy a dually) and I bought the fifth wheel. Oh, and yesterday I bought a new toaster oven. That wasn't an impulse so much as a need. The oven in our stove died and the part that hubby needs to fix it is on back order until November. No way we could go that long without frozen pizza.

I just reorganized my back room to accommodate the extra TP, antibac wipes, non perishables, etc. I am concerned that we may go into another ugly period of time with this virus this winter. I don't have a hoard. I have 6 of the wipes, about 40 rolls of tp, etc. More than enough to last us a little while and for me to share if others are having a hard time finding things.
That is pretty much what I have too depending on where I am in the buying cycle. I have a few extra because DS has been guilty of running a little too low. Before this epidemic there were times we only had one back up of tp and pt. Now I am trying to keep a months worth on hand

Now my excuse for shopping is I'm "Christmas shopping". :rolleyes1 My DH is giving me the side eye every time UPS delivers a package. The good news is our Christmas fund is loaded (thx covid) and I only have 7 more gifts to purchase. YAY ME!

We went to Best Buy last week to purchase a 32"/40" tv for the study. Why did we leave with a 70" TV?:rotfl2:Merry Christmas to us! Well our thought process was why purchase a 42" tv for $250 when we can get a 70" tv for $500. Best Buy is having an incredible sale. We'll put the new tv in the living room, move the living room tv to the master bdrm and move the master bdrm tv to the study. We haven't found a tv stand yet so the 70" is in the master bdrm and WE LOVE IT! My DH has already said let's just purchase another 70" tv for the living room.

Now my excuse for shopping is I'm "Christmas shopping". :rolleyes1 My DH is giving me the side eye every time UPS delivers a package. The good news is our Christmas fund is loaded (thx covid) and I only have 7 more gifts to purchase. YAY ME!

We went to Best Buy last week to purchase a 32"/40" tv for the study. Why did we leave with a 70" TV?:rotfl2:Merry Christmas to us! Well our thought process was why purchase a 42" tv for $250 when we can get a 70" tv for $500. Best Buy is having an incredible sale. We'll put the new tv in the living room, move the living room tv to the master bdrm and move the master bdrm tv to the study. We haven't found a tv stand yet so the 70" is in the master bdrm and WE LOVE IT! My DH has already said let's just purchase another 70" tv for the living room.
I did the same thing! I got my parents and DH a 70inch TV! GAve my parents theirs. DH Is a tech freak nut so he did his research etc. - Costco having some great deals....But yes I gotta quit shopping!

Mine are Legos (JUST bought the Cinderella's Castle one today:rolleyes1) and baking items...whether it be ingredients or gadgets. I have found that I really love to bake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter