What? "BRC & BRH" discounts are )@&%)$#*%)

BambiTamby

DIS Veteran
I called to add a couple of nights to our vacation
at the AKL concierge during March(after Dolphin)
and got a rate of $ 400 a night!!!!!

WHOA!!!!

The most I've paid for AKL concierge is $299 a night!
And $ 229 during last Dec 2001......:rolleyes:

I know this is PEAK season,
(remember, I paid $450 nightly for Easter at Poly Concierge this last year).

but, this is ridiculous!

BTW...I had to go thru three CM's to get this
"special rate"!

Seems as though there are alot of new trainees that haven't a clue what's going on!:(

Well..I did check on the disney.com site, and this price is better......

And like I said, I've have paid more, but I was expecting a better deal than the DC discount I got last year!
(BTW, I was qouted $ 490 Poly concierge LV !)

Sorry, had to vent.....

PMS and all!;)

Has anyone gotten a better deal with these codes?
Thanks!:D

Mousesavers merely reports the info it receives, and bless their hearts for taking the time to upkeep that lifesaving site!

DC does not seem to be offering too much this year. It never offered the best deals anyhow but even in car reservations, my old code gave me a better rate than this year's code.

CRO can test your buttons sometimes, and I have found that calling again, within minutes, gets you a knowledgeable cast member who is able to help you ang get you better deals. I have even had some that actually take time to go through some available codes to help me!

My ressies are for December, and I presume my codes won't come out until Aug or so. Give it time, a better code will pop up.

When I called CRO, I needed to remind the person on the other end of the line 3 times that I had a code (the first rates quoted were all rack rates)..BRH did bring down the cost at Beach Club significantly...but they still couldn't match the Expedia.com promotional rates!

The special rates for this season aren't what we're used to when we hear "codes." But then again, there weren't any codes last year for this time, and the discounts are better than DC or AAA. Just not much :)

If it's any consolation, AKL standard rooms are going for $189. People got them in the Fall for $109!

Mousesavers provides only the codes that Disney allows. They have nothing to do with setting the prices associated with the codes. If you want to cuss anybody out--it's Disney.

Mousesavers has provided more money-saving information to me than any other source. They are my first stop in planning any Disney trip. They are a fabulous resource and don't deserve being blamed for something Disney doesn't provide.

Rooms may not be available for any number of reasons. Perhaps AKL is at or near capacity and isn't part of the promotion this time around. Or perhaps the discounted rooms are all taken.

I'd love $400 for AKL Concierge. I have three nights at AKL Concierge in June for $480/night. Hoping for an AP discount later on. We've already got a DC discount.

I don't think anyone was blasting mousasavers just stating that was the code used. :)

Those rates are high, I payed the same rates as BT last year for AKL. Maybe AP rates will be lower than the codes if they come out with them.

Those codes are for PEAK season. Compared to what you would be paying for that time, it IS a good discount. By the way, last year there were no codes for that time for the general public, not even AP discounts, all there was was a code for residents from certain states (in the south).

I agree with TreeofLife & Inaminute. Mousesavers justs reports what is out there and does an excellent job of that. I have saved lots of money checking her site and getting in on good deals just as they are coming available. I think the title of this thread could be a little insulting to Mary as it implies to me that mousesavers somehow is responsible for the code.

Reserved room for 4/5 to 4/10 at AKL for $229.00/night for pool view using this code. (NOT Concierge!). I just called the S/D and was told that the season passholder rate and the teacher rate at S/D was only available for the first night and then the rate would increase to more than $300.00/night. Each agent said the rate would apply to either Swan or Dolphin.

Actually, I called S/W twice and spoke to two different agents and both told me that they are booked near capacity after 4/5. I received a notice about a national convention the week previous, but I can't use that rate because I am tied to my wife's teaching schedule. I guess tourism is not down in Orlando, at least not the convention side of tourism.

When I asked CRO about the AP rate, I was transfered to another CM and was told that it hadn't come out yet, but should be out within the next couple of weeks. I am hoping that the AP rates for Disney comes out and covers at least the first day of the trip so we can get a good rate for our stay. I know it may be wishful thinking, though. Does anybody know if an A/P rate has ever been available during the first week of April? I know it is a longshot.

DD's high school band is performing 4/13, The codes end 4/9, so the dc discount helped some. We usually go in May and get good rates, so $143/nite for csr is a little steep, but better than $300+ for our usual bc stay we get for around $160- $180.

I'm more concerned about the crowds.
But we're going to support the band.

"Re: What? MOUSESAVERS "BRC & BRH" discounts are )@&%)$#*%)"

I agree, perhaps that should say "Disney's BRC & BRH discounts" as they are not Mousesavers discounts but Disney codes reported on the Mousesavers website.

Adding my big thanks and appreciation to the Mousesavers website and all Mary's hard work. Can't imagine how many people have saved how much $ thanks to her.

TJ

Know what?

I think that BambiTamby's attitude is “)@&%)$#*%) !”

I'm new to these boards, but sometimes people with over 2000 posts should realize what is happening...

The parks are getting more crowded, the hotel rooms are filling quicker, and the days of "super savings" are O-V-E-R.

Mousesavers is always on the "money" with their codes, and it's YOUR problem if you don't get what you want. You are traveling during PEAK SEASON!!! Expect Peak season prices or stay at home. God help the people who have to be at the resort with you while you ***** about how much you are paying, because I can almost guarantee that is what you are going to do.

Listen folks, I just got back from my first trip EVER to Disney. It was expensive and I would have gladly paid twice as much for the experience. It was AWESOME! My kids loved it, and I loved it that they loved it. That's why I am going back no matter what it costs. It is still greatest deal in travel!

DISNEY WORLD IS A RESORT!!!! Expect resort prices for your vacations, and stop blaming other people or company price plans because it costs more than you want to pay. You have another choice...DON"T GO!

But for our sake, PMS or not, ..............................!

Peace,

Well here we go again- folks please read the posting guidelines

No one complains when the title reads "Wow I saved a ton using mousesavers code" we all know that the codes are Disney's - Mary just does a very good job of communicating them to us all.

Please stop reading into the title of the thread - the OP is just voicing thier disappointment - like many others have.

Lets quit psyco analysing each other and discuss Disney Resorts.
<hr>
BTW
I'm always impressed when I can get any type of discount off rack rates. It is not that long ago there was no such thing at Disney!

Trekker,

You couldn't have said it better. It was just the original poster's opinion and we are all entitled. So maybe everyone should just agree to disagree and then let it be. There is no reason to ever attack someone. If a person thinks there is ever a reason to then they shouldn't be posting to these boards. Everyone's values, thoughts and experiences are different and SHOULD be. What a boring community it would be if everyone just agreed to keep peace and not state their opinions or experiences. Just MY honest opinion.....

I respectfully disagree. Saying I saved a ton by using a code or Disney Code found on mousesavers is very different than saying I saved a ton using a mousesavers code. FTR, I would correct this as well if posted for those unfamiliar with disney codes.

I do realize the intent of the OP's comments and will gladly edit my post to say so.

TJ

BambiTambi.....
I feel your pain!!!!:(
Go to my post "Like pulling teeth trying to get rates to compare!"
And you will see what I went through with these "new" operators!!!:crazy:

Actually I found in checking that the DC rates were the same as the codes up til April 9th!!!!!:)
I've never seen that happen before!!
Kinda strange that just when they discontinue the DC they finally get the message about giving comparable discounts!!!:rolleyes:

I'm always impressed when I can get any type of discount off rack rates. It is not that long ago there was no such thing at Disney!
Amen!!
I think some of us have been spoiled by these codes a little bit. ~;)~

ROTFLMDO!!!!

Glad I'm such a "2000 +" poster (actually I should be around 8K, but with all the board "moves" and "crashes".....)

cuz I got my
<font color=red>DIS OL' TIMER FLAME RESISTANT SUIT ON!!!!!</font>
flame.gif

hehehehehe!

I did edit my OP to not include Mousesavers...these codes ARE Disney's and Mary does do a fabulous job posting them!
And she did say that WDW CRO had hired alot of new trainees!;)

That said.....

my beef is that I had to go thru many Cms to get these qoutes and
HAS ANYONE ELSE GOTTEN A BETTER RATE than this for these codes??????

Even called today and went thru FIVE CMs to get the last CM to tell me that she couldn't "pull these rates up"!:confused:

Kudos to the nice posters!
I remember at DISCon 1, laughing with a webmaster and a couple of moderators about how the Resort Board can turn on someone and be nasty!

monalisa.gif

I think some of us have been spoiled by these codes a little bit.

Yep! that's how we go at least FOUR times a year!
Not including all the other non-Disney places we go!
:D :D :D :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter