What % do you save if you book through a Disney travel agent?

My next two trips are with a travel agent. We got POP for a little over 600 from November 21-27. And December 23-29 for 1300 at POFQ. Way better price than Disney. I only book through Disney if nothing else is available at this point. Between the travel agent, orbitz and Priceline, Disney just seems way over priced even with ap discounts.
I looked at Disney's price for POFQ for your dates in December, it is like $2120. This is the best travel agency out there. When I need a room at Disney when I am not using my DVC, this is the agency I generally go thru. They are the very best!

I looked at Disney's price for POFQ for your dates in December, it is like $2120. This is the best travel agency out there. When I need a room at Disney when I am not using my DVC, this is the agency I generally go thru. They are the very best!

Yeah it’s part of the reason we don’t do dvc. Just doesn’t seem worth it if I can get deals like these.

Yeah it’s part of the reason we don’t do dvc. Just doesn’t seem worth it if I can get deals like these.
Oh I love my DVC, but I did buy a very small, get your feet wet contract. But as long as this travel agency has deals like this, I will still use them if I am in need of a resort room. Several of the quotes that I have gotten in the past year are around the 28-30% off. But this like 40% off, right?

Oh I love my DVC, but I did buy a very small, get your feet wet contract. But as long as this travel agency has deals like this, I will still use them if I am in need of a resort room. Several of the quotes that I have gotten in the past year are around the 28-30% off. But this like 40% off, right?
Yes. Most dates I have had quoted this year have been 30-40% off. Pretty amazing. Can’t wait to start booking 2019.

For the person who said he likes to have control. I am the same way. Literally the only thing the travel agent does is handle the payment. I book everything else on the app. I had to cancel an trip for October and received my refund very quickly. I always use disney gift cards for even more savings as well.

I don’t think we are allowed to say the name here.
. :sad: How will I find it! I just talked my DH into buying APS in January then I suggested we take the whole family Christmas of 19, and threw in that a birthday trip would be awesome since I've always wanted to try V&A! I'm going to need some pixie dust to pull it all off!

Last edited:
Just got AKL for next weekend at $245/night. Far better than I could do through WDW. I believe the lowest AP rate was $290/night, but I can't check right now because the site is down :(

I just prefer booking things on my own. I haven't used an actual travel agent in probably 10 years.

I typically do as well, but I’ve always wanted to try the Poly, and I’m saving 20% on our October trip (room portion) by using a TA vs. booking myself. I couldn’t pass that up!

You don’t, but the travel agent gets a commission from Disney. The reason to hire one is more about the convenience, depending of the travel agent, they can update your booking if new discounts come along ( you can do too but is time consuming). No savings is just for people who don’t enjoy the planning madness.

Why wouldn't you use the travel agent that sells rooms at the Poly for 50% to 60% discounts??? I would rather book direct but using a travel agent saves you big bucks.

Does anyone know what the average % savings is for the Agency exclusive fo Labor Day? We want to book for next year when it comes out and I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect for the budget. I've seen figures from 40 all the way to 60%...does it depend on the resort? I'm hoping for either Wilderness Lodge or BC/YC.

Does anyone know what the average % savings is for the Agency exclusive fo Labor Day? We want to book for next year when it comes out and I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect for the budget. I've seen figures from 40 all the way to 60%...does it depend on the resort? I'm hoping for either Wilderness Lodge or BC/YC.

We were booked at Poly with 55% discount, but switched to Contemporary and it's about 50% off. Still the same price in the end, because of how the resorts are priced.

Are there any special TA deals for early May? Or January? I just missed out on the Labor Day deal this year but will likely boom it for next year.

Curious....how does this TA work out when promotions such as free dining, etc come out? Or maybe they don’t book packages; only rooms??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter