What do YOU wear on Pirate Night?

We go all out.
100_6033.jpg

These are from our DCL cruises from 2004, 2006, and just a couple of weeks ago :sunny: We don't tend to wear pirate t-shirts in our every day life, so I pack them away after each cruise to save for the next cruise. pirate:

Me (I wear this rhinestone skull & crossbones t-shirt from the gift shop at PoTC in WDW, on every pirate night. lol)

DSC06522.jpg

DS21 and his DGF (2012)

303314_3427764693107_1958172125_n.jpg

Notice that DS is wearing the same t-shirt 6 years prior when he was 15 (2006, along with my older DS). LOL

P1010244.JPG

DH and DS24 (then aged 18, 2006)

P1010236.JPG

DH and I 2012 (he's lost a lot of weight since 2006!)

600969_3427777653431_1826972997_n.jpg

DS's DGF wore a pirate lady costume that she already had, and she looked great that night!
522528_3427796013890_1203737149_n.jpg

401832_3427828174694_1702138044_n.jpg

I'm so angry with myself right now. We've had this cruise booked for a year & a half and I'm just now looking for some Pirate T-shirts for DH and my 2 boys. AND we leave in 4 days!!! :sad2:

The thing is, I know Walmart has had the T-shirts I've been wanting to pick up for ever!!! But now that I want some, they don't seem to be carrying them anymore.

I've been to the 2 Walmarts that are local here and the only thing I found, which I did buy but I think I'm returning it, is a blue T-shirt w/skull & crossbones but it says, "Goonies, Forever". I'm going to try Target maybe tomorrow or Wednesday.

Does anyone have an idea on where to purchase these? What about on the ship? What size do they go up to? How much are they?

We're done with packing all the pirate gear . I guess pirate night is getting old to us. We now just wear a pirate tshirt and blue jeans to dinner.

I'm so angry with myself right now. We've had this cruise booked for a year & a half and I'm just now looking for some Pirate T-shirts for DH and my 2 boys. AND we leave in 4 days!!! :sad2:

The thing is, I know Walmart has had the T-shirts I've been wanting to pick up for ever!!! But now that I want some, they don't seem to be carrying them anymore.

I've been to the 2 Walmarts that are local here and the only thing I found, which I did buy but I think I'm returning it, is a blue T-shirt w/skull & crossbones but it says, "Goonies, Forever". I'm going to try Target maybe tomorrow or Wednesday.

Does anyone have an idea on where to purchase these? What about on the ship? What size do they go up to? How much are they?

Don't know where you are in CT, but have you tried Party City? They have all sorts of costumes/accessories.

:cutie:

We were on the Magic a few weeks ago and the definitely were selling pirate t-shirts on the ship.

What sizes are your family, you're probably not too far from me, you can wear our pirate t-shirts, they'd be happy to see the light of day again instead of waiting another 2 years. LOL

We wore black pirate T-shirts I printed, with sayings we either saw elsewhere or made up. Spelt 'Pirate' with the periodic table for by chemist husband!
And then wore the headscarves we were given.
We were thinking about full costumes, but in the end I was glad I hadn't carried them! We did appreciate those who went all out though! :goodvibes

Did you make/design those? Your husband's shirt is the coolest!

Did you make/design those? Your husband's shirt is the coolest!

Yes, the kids and I did them. Very easy. Just buy the special t-shirt iron on sheets and print straight from your printer. Peel and iron. I saw something similar using the periodic table and was so excited when I realized I could spell pirate!

We wore black pirate T-shirts I printed, with sayings we either saw elsewhere or made up. Spelt 'Pirate' with the periodic table for by chemist husband!
And then wore the headscarves we were given.
We were thinking about full costumes, but in the end I was glad I hadn't carried them! We did appreciate those who went all out though! :goodvibes

final_0001.jpg
Okay I really like that periodic table chemistry pirate shirt. Where did you get it?

Sweet... we are sailing next summer on the Fantasy Western Caribbean and I am excited that my family wants to dress up... well... I confess my hubby is not that excited... but the rest of us are. :rotfl2: When offered the choice between a pirate T-shirt or actually dressing up like a pirate I was pleasantly surprised when my DS 17 said "Go big or go home" :banana: Yo Ho Ho... dug out the tricorn hat from the bottom of a closet where it has lived since the colonial costume fair at their school... ordered a few "choice" accessories from Amazon... ... now need to start grazing the local goodwill store for some pirate shirts.... and arrrrg we will be pirates next July!!

This is our first pirate night. DS and DD have full costumes, and my DH and I have t-shirts.
DH says ╥ rate (pi sign), and mine says "pirate mom". I din't thing DH would want to do a full costume.
Now, I just found out my in-laws who are cruising with us will be in FULL costume. Oh well. It would have been tough, since we will be at WDW before the cruise, and have limited luggage space.

Now, I just found out my in-laws who are cruising with us will be in FULL costume. Oh well. It would have been tough, since we will be at WDW before the cruise, and have limited luggage space.

A head scarf, waist sash and an eye patch are all you really need to be pirate-y. They don't take much room in a suitcase.... and you can use them with your regular clothes (untucked dress shirt with black/brown pants). ...... and besides you are going to WDW... swing by the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at MK and you will find all sorts of easy to pack pirate accessories before you cruise.pirate:

Most of my family got all dressed up, but I kept it pretty simple. I'm the one in the white shirt and brown skirt. I used some left over red fabric I had for a headband and a sash. Most of the items used were found at the Goodwill Outlet and some of them modified to make them more pirate-y. My dad bought a costume online for himself.
DSC01122.JPG
You all looked amazing!!

I have done nothing extra but the bandanas DCL gave us (first cruise), costume on 2 cruises, and the most recent one no costume and did Palo that night. I love Pirate night, but honestly I don't think I'll bother dressing up anymore. It just takes up space in the suitcase.

(We do still laugh about what happened on our first cruise. Dad had booked us concierge, and we'd gone to the lounge for happy hour (I think) and there was a couple around my parents' ages in FULL and DRAMATIC regalia in there. Their daughter, who seemed to be around my and my sister's ages, was rolling her eyes at the elaborateness of their stuff. We went back to our cabin to change and sis and I were heading back for another drink and encountered the daughter being laced into a costume complete with corset. She saw me and my sister and mouthed "Help. Me." We just smiled in sympathy. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:)

phinz, your group looks so... piratey. Did you practice the facial expressions? Excellent pic.

Okay be honest. This is DH's and my first cruise. Will we feel really uncomfortable if we do NOT dress up for Pirate night? Is there a bare minimum level of acceptable dressing up? I just don't want to feel left out while still not having to do too much costume planning before hand. :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter