What Do You Wear on the Plane?

We often fly between British winter and Australian summer. I never take a winter coat, but I do wear gloves and a scarf to the airport, and when we arrive at the departing UK airport I put them in my checked suitcase, along with the sweater I’m wearing. I fly in dressy trousers and a short sleeved top. Never jeans, as I don’t find them comfortable for long flights.

Coming back from Australia, when it’s upward of 100 degrees, I fly home in either shorts or a long, floaty summer skirt. I put my sweater and gloves at the top of my checked baggage and put them on before I leave the airport. I have also changed into long trousers at the arrival airport if it’s very cold, or I just suck it up and put on the heating in the car.

I would rather be a little cold in the airport than have to carry bulky clothes onto the flight.

I keep it simple always. What I wear depends on the weather of the place I live at. Jeans or shorts, easy tshirt, long sleeve sweater or shirt, coat if needed. Tennis shoes or sandals. If you are somebody who gets cold easy - you could easily bring a small blanket to use as well.

If it's hot in Orlando I make sure to pack shorts and sandals in my carryon and change in the rest room at the Orlando Airport.

Then when I leave I put jeans ect. in my carryon and change at the airport before I go through security so I'll be warm and comfy when I get back home. An added bonus is my carryon is lighter when I get home. LOL

We're going in November. I'm wearing jeans and a t shirt of some kind. Probably flip flops too. Ditching the coat in the car at the airport. I will have my SO bring the coats back when he picks us up.

Comfy knit dress with a cardigan. If it is cold where I'm leaving from I'll throw some leggings under it and take them off when I get there.

My next flight is an overnight to Paris so I will be wearing leggings and a long sweater or something else as equally comfortable.

Capri length yoga pants, sleeveless/short sleeve top, long sleeve hooded t-shirt, socks/sneakers. I wear my winter coat, but its a really thin down one from Eddie Bauer that will pack up into nothing and I leave room in my carry-on luggage for it.

Capri length, cargo type shorts, made out of moisture wicking material. So relaxed and comfy.

Tshirt, big and moisture wicking as well.

Thin, no show socks.

Sports bra, no regular ones for traveling. Much more comfortable.

Slip on Sketchers, with comfort foam.

long cardigan sweater, that doesn't take much room and can double as a blanket, it's so long on me!

Mankini...

J/K!

Loose fitting shoes are a must. Your feet expand slightly in the air so you are tempted to remove your shoes, but if you do, getting them back on is problematic. Fairly warm clothing is also advisable as no matter the temperature outside, it'll be fairly fresh in the plane.

I was really waiting for someone to say they would wear snakes.......ya know "snakes on a plane" ! :rotfl:

Did you know there was a real life variant, "Frogs in a plane"? Apparently a crate load of live frogs got out and they had to ground the plane!

Did you know there was a real life variant, "Frogs in a plane"? Apparently a crate load of live frogs got out and they had to ground the plane!

I truly am a frog and snake lover but on a plane......I will have to go with frogs being loose!!! :teeth:

I tend to dress for wherever I am going, but I may wear a layer if it's cooler here.

If I'm going to WDW I'll wear a long sleeve shirt over my Disney t-shirt and then once I am on the tram at MCO, it's time to lose the outer shirt and slap on a Magic Band!

Just not pajamas. I once saw a guy about 45 years old walking through Dulles airport in Washington, DC sporting fluffy light blue pajama bottoms, in a fetching cloud and lamb design. Haven't gotten the image out of my mind yet. :clown:

For traveling by plane, I like to wear yoga pants (or something similar) with a long (in length) top or sweater.

If I don't have time to change, I always dress for the hotter end of the trip (be it departure or destination).

We fly in 3 weeks. Shorts, short sleeve shirt and keens since they aren’t bigger then my flip flops. And a light coat. We will freeze walking into the airport but once in the airport we take off our coats and out in our luggage.

Oh and socks to walk thru security.

Summer flight is the same minus the coat.

I've recently started wearing leggings with a short sleeve shirt and a hoodie. I usually get cold on the plane, but have gotten warm and needed to take off the hoodie. I grab my own luggage upon arrival, and leave a more Florida-appropriate outfit in an easily accessible spot. If my room isn't ready when I arrive, I go into the lobby bathroom and change clothes and drop my bags off at bell services. If my room is ready, I'll head to my room without changing, and regret it about halfway there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter