What happens if you check in on the second day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true. We frequently book two resorts for our stays, for the full stay. For instance, this trip next weekend, we have a 2-bedroom villa at the AKL from Jan. 29-Feb. 2 AS WELL AS a 2-Bedroom Suite at the Grand Floridian from Jan. 29-Feb. 2....for convenience purposes during the day. We use the GF room to change clothes, shower, etc. on the days we are at MK so we don't have to go all the way back to AKL in the middle of the day.

There are times during our stays that we go for 24 hours without accessing the room, and have never had it cancelled. Ever.
So you bring a change of clothes etc... with you to the park? That seems like more of a pain in the neck than going back to AKL midday.

So you bring a change of clothes etc... with you to the park? That seems like more of a pain in the neck than going back to AKL midday.

No. It depends on how many days we book the second room. If we only have one night at the GF room, like on this trip I have next week since there's only two of us, we go to the GF and check in as early as possible, drop our stuff off with bell services, and head to the park. Mid-day, we go back to the GF and get into our room, change, have lunch, the kids nap, etc. Then we shower, have dinner at a TS restaurant in the GF and head back to the MK. If we have the second room for the entire stay, we send half of our bags to GF and come and go as we please from both places.

Soooo, I get why doing this on purpose could be frowned upon at Disney, but what if you are "actually" running late by a day....
I've never had this experience myself, but man I would hope if my trip got delayed Disney wouldn't cancel my room! yikes. As far as I've heard you can be late all you want, but if you don't have insurance on your trip you are going to get charged...

Just curious, if a stay needed to start a day earlier to get in on a booking deal (and it made financial sense to do it), anyone know what would happen if you missed the first day of your hotel reservation and showed up on the second?

I apologize to you, that your thread with an honest question turned into this. Hope you get it worked out and have a great trip.

I apologize to you, that your thread with an honest question turned into this. Hope you get it worked out and have a great trip.

Just stop worrying about justifying yourself. I'd never put all my information out there just to prove what I'm doing during vacation.... buttttttt lol
Just do you and have a good time! Sometimes we splurge, sometimes we work it with a budget, but bottom line it's your trip and your money... :yay:

Happy to hear your room has never been canceled.. Seems crazy they would cancel something your giving them money for. In the end isn't that all they want? lol But I've also never had experience with this kind of situation.... so who knows.

Just stop worrying about justifying yourself. I'd never put all my information out there just to prove what I'm doing during vacation.... buttttttt lol
Just do you and have a good time! Sometimes we splurge, sometimes we work it with a budget, but bottom line it's your trip and your money... :yay:

Happy to hear your room has never been canceled.. Seems crazy they would cancel something your giving them money for. In the end isn't that all they want? lol But I've also never had experience with this kind of situation.... so who knows.

Thank you. I don't think I will leave up all that info, you're right. But every time I get one of these snide comments, it irritates me. Like I'm not allowed to do what I want with family? I've never been snobby to mean to anyone here and I just try to help answer questions where I can. But I will just keep to myself and enjoy my vacations :) Thank you.

Soooo, I get why doing this on purpose could be frowned upon at Disney, but what if you are "actually" running late by a day....
I've never had this experience myself, but man I would hope if my trip got delayed Disney wouldn't cancel my room! yikes. As far as I've heard you can be late all you want, but if you don't have insurance on your trip you are going to get charged...

If it is an honest delay, weather or a flight that was delayed, they are fine with it. They will know about either of those things. What they don't want is, for instance, someone booking a Free Dining promo that ends on May 2 and not show up until May 3.

If it is an honest delay, weather or a flight that was delayed, they are fine with it. They will know about either of those things. What they don't want is, for instance, someone booking a Free Dining promo that ends on May 2 and not show up until May 3.

That's the case here, they've got nonrefundable plane tickets already and want to get in on a better deal that ends one night before they get there.

I appreciate the feedback that was on topic. Not sure if this forum is like others that have an ignore feature, might make life a bit easier for you. Haters going to hate no matter what.

That's the case here, they've got nonrefundable plane tickets already and want to get in on a better deal that ends one night before they get there.

I understand why they would want to do that. Unfortunately Disney does not approve. And there is no way for any of us to know ahead of time what might happen to their reservation. They might be fine. They might show up a day late to find they now have to pay for all of their meals. They may show up and find their whole reservation gone. It has always been stated before (and I have no reason to doubt as I have not been lied to on the Dis) that Disney will not allow what your friends want to do.

It is not an honest Oops, our flight was delayed. Or Oops we were stuck in a snowstorm half way to WDW. Disney can check flights, and they are well aware of the weather. No way to predict what will happen ahead of time. But as your friends are trying to work the system they need to be aware that they are doing something a bit risky.

I don't like to commit to an annual pass. Also, we don't always take the full family - sometimes it's just my mom and I, or just my husband and I. It doesn't really make financial sense to buy for the 3 kids when we don't always take them, or of my husband when he doesn't always come along.

Yet it makes sense to book 2 deluxe resorts so that you can have a place to change your clothes after visiting one of the parks. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter