What is going on with Disney parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another garbage day of DHS availability for me, for what it’s worth. 5 ish minutes of refresh at just after 1 PM Disney time resulted in TSMM at 615, and AS2 at 6 something. Nothing else noteworthy. Party of 2. The crowds there are very heavy today.

Josh’s “nothing available”, DHS needs longer hours, post rings more true for the majority than advising that all you need is the willingness to refresh to ride multiple headliners all the time. DHS is a different animal. It does not handle the new crowds well. Anybody who downplays that is giving terrible touring advice, IMO. Anybody going needs to be prepared that without FP you are looking at 90+ mins for the actual attractions, save for Star Tours. Characters are very long as well. You *might* get lucky with same day FP, it is no where near a sure thing at this point (maybe MMRR helps slightly).

This has sparked its own discussion at this point, but I think the initial point was absolutely true. Too many people in DHS for the amount of hours it’s open and the attractions it has. Fingers crossed MMRR makes it better not worse.
Well, this vet Disney traveler disagrees. And that's fine... I managed within about 10 min to see every ride available at DHS, including Smugger. So, everyone's mileage may vary, but I'll continue to accurately help people to make the most of their day at DHS by offering knowledge and let them know that even if it closes at 8, there are plenty of opportunities to ride what they want.

I see some posting about drop times, but other than a few posts here nobody seems to post actual times. I read here almost daily and all I see are vague posts about the subject of drop times and the FP+ FAQ sticky pretty much says they dont hold back fastpasses. So I am here to ask where on this board do people talk about drop times for rides in each park. I understand the refresh concept and know how to navigate to do it but some of us dont go to the parks enough to actually know if/when new fastpasses are added to he system. So is this just a hidden secret for those that go enough to see a pattern, or is this talked about somewhere in a 400 page post?
Google Fastpass Drop Times and you’ll have no trouble finding them.

I am getting to the breaking point. High prices and long lines. After your three fastpass rides. There a good hour ot more weight to get on a ride. A good ride. You are spend $100 + a day to stand on line.
with the new fast pass system it going to get worst .

I am getting to the breaking point. High prices and long lines. After your three fastpass rides. There a good hour ot more weight to get on a ride. A good ride. You are spend $100 + a day to stand on line.
with the new fast pass system it going to get worst .
You know you can get more FPs after the first 3 right? I rarely ride anything without a FP and I ride just about everything each trip. Easily getting at least 10-12 each day.

Sorry, I guess we just operate differently; I don't stay on my phone at all (as evidence, I don't run out of battery in the parks ever and don't carry a charger) and yes, I can get FoP, NRJ, Everest, SDD, TSMM, Soarin, etc... day of. It is not misleading people to inform them of how to do so and when to try as a balance to acting like there is no FP's for a given day, the day prior when he knows better. Yes, indeed, if you have 8 people you are probably going to have to split 4/4 in order to search successfully. You have to start your day off right and get through your FP's in short order by moving things around as you use up FP's. I do almost all of this in line in less than a minute.

I've never argued it doesn't take planning, I plan for every vacation I take. Not everyone is a planner and that's ok. Doing day of FP's takes knowledge, not necessarily planning. Part of that is working the park hours, which have reduced, but that reduction does not have to equal a reduction in what rides you can get on in a day. It also takes knowledge of when to not go to the parks unless you can handle them when they are slammed (here's looking at you NYE). Totally get griping about it, but I don't support misleading information for newbies. I just taught a friend going during full blown Spring Break how to get FP's, move them around, drops, and how to get a BG for Rise.

I would like to see snapshot of u getting FOP, 7DMT, TT, SDD the day of. You might get really lucky during February while Florida was hitting record low cold and attendance is down for the specific day but I'd like to see a snapshot showing where these FP pop up the day of. There are tons of offsite guests that only get 30 day advance fp and spend 30 days refreshing mde just trying to get 1 of these fp with no luck but u say, no problem, anyone can always get these the day of. Just post a snapshot of these, one snapshot a day for next few days showing how u can get these every day.

I would like to see snapshot of u getting FOP, 7DMT, TT, SDD the day of. You might get really lucky during February while Florida was hitting record low cold and attendance is down for the specific day but I'd like to see a snapshot showing where these FP pop up the day of. There are tons of offsite guests that only get 30 day advance fp and spend 30 days refreshing mde just trying to get 1 of these fp with no luck but u say, no problem, anyone can always get these the day of. Just post a snapshot of these, one snapshot a day for next few days showing how u can get these every day.
I have no idea how to do that, and I have listed out when I get them, if you don't believe me, that's not on me, but @JETSDAD has regularly posted screenshots of the same day FP's he is capable of getting; all the same ones Remy and I have already listed. You cannot get those FP's 30 days out, it has to be day of (or night before, but I have better luck day of), as that is when people are changing plans, and that is when drops happen.

Looks like I got pulled into a FP refresh discussion...always a fun time. So I spent about half an hour playing around this morning (since seeing I was tagged). If I were in the parks right now I would have worked to get a couple of these earlier but I also wouldn't have been looking across multiple parks trying for all of the top rides. I don't believe there are TT FP's right now so I threw in MFSR instead. I saw 6 or 7 unique times for 7DMT but this was the earliest with the search I did this morning. This can be done any day.

Screenshot_20200226-092608_Samsung Internet.jpg20200226_094547.jpg20200226_094024.jpg20200226_094036.jpg

Looks like I got pulled into a FP refresh discussion...always a fun time. So I spent about half an hour playing around this morning (since seeing I was tagged). If I were in the parks right now I would have worked to get a couple of these earlier but I also wouldn't have been looking across multiple parks trying for all of the top rides. I don't believe there are TT FP's right now so I threw in MFSR instead. I saw 6 or 7 unique times for 7DMT but this was the earliest with the search I did this morning. This can be done any day.

View attachment 476857View attachment 476858View attachment 476859View attachment 476860
And the mic just dropped. Im at work so I cant do screenshots from my phone but went on the website and :
Smuggler, TSM, ToT, RNRC
BTMRR, Space, HM, Pan
Soarin FEA
FoP, Navi, everest, Safari

And we have only passed on drop point at studios. Once the drops start like the next studios drop is generally when SDD shows up the most. FoP shows up mainly on one specific drop. The ones at Epcot tend to show up whenever. As the morning wears into afternoon and drops end, guess what? It gets a bit more challenging. But, it still isnt impossible. So at the end of the day, the tweet about zero FPs available was absolutely wrong without using the qualifier of prebook FPs. And the nice thing is, if you dont believe us, its ok. We are trying to help and make no guarantees it works for everyone. But it isnt as hard as people think, it does work, and the more people who dont know and dont try, only makes it easier for us to do our thing.

View attachment 476857View attachment 476858View attachment 476859View attachment 476860
Eek... sorry, I didn't mean to pull you in, just provide posts by a member to search for, and I always value your FP posts! Thanks for the examples!

How many people are these for?

ETA: Just had to look at the bottom...

These are pretty good for a random Wednesday.

I'm guessing 5 is just an unlucky party size.....(yes, I know you can break up, but if it took the master 30 mins for 3 people...)

ETA ETA: I would also add that today is looking to be a lot less busy than a Saturday that was rated 10. But your skills still stand. We are going to need to crowd fund you to be there next year during president's week for research purposes...

Last edited:
Here are a few and ill.pull later times a lot because modifying is easier than pulling. So 3 refreshes per park and here is what came up. NOT on drop times

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200226-102245_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-102245_Disney World.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20200226-102220_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-102220_Disney World.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20200226-101827_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-101827_Disney World.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20200226-101834_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-101834_Disney World.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20200226-102144_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-102144_Disney World.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20200226-101819_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-101819_Disney World.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20200226-101551_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-101551_Disney World.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20200226-101505_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-101505_Disney World.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20200226-101219_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-101219_Disney World.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20200226-101144_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-101144_Disney World.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 16
Those are just a few and I didnt work the app that hard. 3 refreshes. Now if I want something in particular I may work a bit more or just wait for drops. But this isnt difficult at all. If I have time I'll post more at drop times

You can totally get good stuff same day. I have gotten everything except 7DMT, I don’t know why that one gives me trouble. FoP is particularly easy for me, I don’t know if that’s because it’s usually the only focus when I do AK or what. So I don’t disagree that it is possible.

But I have not experienced what people reported here, 3 refreshes with good stuff popping up? No way. That kind of timing I don’t know if I’ve seen for hard to get attractions. Most of the time it’ll be a random late evening headliner that has to be modified down, if anything, that I see quickly. I find it takes time (not crazy amounts, but still time) and luck if you are looking for something in particular and get it quickly.

Not discounting that it’s possible, but also don’t agree that it’s always as easy as a few seconds and bam, headliner, especially one that is not hours and hours later.

Here you go. Studios no refresh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200226-120126_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-120126_Disney World.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20200226-120114_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20200226-120114_Disney World.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 33
And I could've modified times on any of them. Again. Know what you are looking for and when to look. If you go near open to any tiered park you can use fp and be done by 1 if you are being ride centric. Even without being attraction driven you shouldnt be standing in any stand by line if you dont want to. It is that east when you apply the knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter