• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite Disney clothing or apparel?

firefly87

Mouseketeer
I thought this might be a fun thread to start......what is your favorite piece of Disney clothing or apparel and how often do you wear it?

During the 50th, I bought a Disney sweat jacket at the Emporium. It is navy blue and has a picture of Mickey on the back and it says Disneyland, 1955, The Original. It was nice and thick and soft and it holds up to washing very well! 3-4 years later, I am STILL wearing it! It is one of my favorite jackets!!!

Anyone else have a favorite piece of Disney clothing they want to share about??
princess:

We have a Pooh fleece sweatshirt that we love. It was from the Disney store before they sold the store. It is very soft and warm. I say "we" because I bought it for myself but my daughter has "stolen" it from me with no intent of ever giving it back. Too bad I did not buy two at that time.

Every trip it has become a tradition that I purchase a New disney baseball cap. Having 4 dd's most of the souviner money goes to them. But this is a little tradition i plan on keeping!

I bought a black windbreaker and the lining inside had subtle mickey heads all over it. I love it!!

This isn't necessarily apparel, but I do use it every day and that is my dark blue Disney tote that my DMIL bought for me for Christmas last year. It has cream colored stitching on the front of a silhouette of Mickey and Disneyland Resort stitched on the two sides. I work with children at my job and I carry it everyday with my "stuff" neatly inside.

I have a pullover sweatshirt, gray with navy and maroon accents. It says, "Property of Disneyland Athletic Department" on it. The 'Disneyland' is a lot bigger than the other words. I bought it on a conference in 1992, so it has lasted me a long time!!!

I wear my Mickey Mouse watch everyday. I have had it for over ten years. It is a Lourus. I :lovestruc loves :lovestruc it... I would be lost w/o it.

The crystal is getting scratched up, but it will have to get a lot worse for me to abandon it.

bought my son a POTC shirt years ago (the black ones that say "Dead Men Tell No Tales" on the back. over the years, all of my kids have worn it at some point or another, and now the only one it fits is the youngest. we always take it to DLR when we go.

What's my favorite piece of Disneyland clothing that I own??? Where do I begin?!?

For several years now, I've been collecting Disneyland shirts; a few new, most long-out-of-print. But, it's not a collection in the traditional sense, as I don't keep them put away in hopes that "they'll be worth lots of $$$ someday!!!"...no...I wear them when I go to the Park! I guess my favorite ones that I purchased in the Park are my kid-sized Space Mountain shirt, and my Haunted Mansion shirt that has a picture of the poster for the ride.

I just love the most recent shirt that I won on Ebay:

neondlshirt.jpg

It'll glow on most of the dark rides, plus it matches my hair, which is neon blue now :laughing:

DH has a "Grumpy Guys Rule" T-shirt that he loves, and a bright yellowish-orange Jedi Training Academy. He wears Jedi a lot at home, but not out. But Grumpy gets a lot of wear.

I have a Blue fleecy jacket that I purchased last year. We're in Spring now so it won't get a lot of wear for a few months but I did wear it quite a bit during our winter.

What's my favorite piece of Disneyland clothing that I own??? Where do I begin?!?

For several years now, I've been collecting Disneyland shirts; a few new, most long-out-of-print. But, it's not a collection in the traditional sense, as I don't keep them put away in hopes that "they'll be worth lots of $$$ someday!!!"...no...I wear them when I go to the Park! I guess my favorite ones that I purchased in the Park are my kid-sized Space Mountain shirt, and my Haunted Mansion shirt that has a picture of the poster for the ride.

neondlshirt.jpg

It'll glow on most of the dark rides, plus it matches my hair, which is neon blue now :laughing:

I loooove your style! Perhaps someday...I can spot you in the crowd!

I got this shirt a few years ago:

l_4852cd54d1044a27bce5cad635b5f239.jpg

I wear it all the time. I'm sad that it's starting to get run down because it is my favorite tee - Disney or otherwise! I did buy a necklace while I was at DLR last month - one with a letter and a small mickey head on it. I wear it every day which is odd for a girl who hates jewelry.

I bought my dh a cap that says "I'm grumpy because you're dopey" It suits him perfectly.

I loooove your style! Perhaps someday...I can spot you in the crowd!

Well, I'll be in the Park for a few days at the beginning of December...if you see me, come say hi...whether I'm wearing the "trippy blacklight poster Disneyland shirt" (as my mom calls it!) or another shirt, I'll be pretty hard to miss. :laughing:

Belle Ella: I LOVE your Evil Queen shirt!

Well, this topic brings up a sad memory for me. I had an awesome Tigger jacket, it was black and had a big orange T on the back-loved it. Unfortunately, I left it in my car one day and somebody broke in, stole my change bucket (I know, I shouldn't of left cash in the car-just happened to be the one time I had taken it to school as I was teaching 2nd graders about money that day) and took my jacket! Not only that, in the pocket of my jacket was my favorite Limited Edition Winnie the Pooh watch that I had bought from DisneyWorld on my honeymoon!! sad, sad day.

At the park, my sister found a great POTC t-shirt that said "The beatings will continue until morale improves." And we also bought DS a "Property of Jedi Training Academy" shirt that I love (mostly because of the memory of him being picked).

neondlshirt.jpg

:thumbsup2 hubby and I have that same shirt! we bought it the year it was actually in the park.... maybe 1991 I'm thinking? another really cool one he has is the original star tours t-shirt.
I have 2 favorites...first is my long black nightmare before christmas dressy t-shirt. it's awesome, low scoop neckline and kinda puffy little sleeves....Jack is on it kind of a black flocking.... with some swirls...reminds me of tatoos! I wear it as much as possible in the summer here...or all the time on holiday in California :) the other is my really big red fleece hoody with Disneyland and the winnie the pooh characters embroidered across the front. I wear it all the time in winter, in fact I'm wearing it right now! :)

smiley_face2: I was wondering when it was made! It has the same tag inside as the Park shirts from the late 80s, so I was close. I also have the original Star Tours shirt, but it's pretty much falling apart now!

I bought a black windbreaker and the lining inside had subtle mickey heads all over it. I love it!!

Me too! I only get to wear it a few months out of the year though since it's often too warm in Phoenix for a jacket. lol It's definitely my fav.

Although, I also have a nice POTC tank top that wear a lot. It's super comfy.

As I was unpacking after my last move, I found the jewelry box that had been in a box that got stored the previous move. Turns out I own 10 watches and 8 of them are Disney. I wear one almost daily. I have to say almost because I just noticed I forgot to put my watch on this morning. lol

My very fav is my Disney purse. My DD6 and DH bought it for me at WDW May 08 for my birthday :thumbsup2 they had it in white or blue, I have the white. I use it everyday and remember a very special trip with DD6 :lovestruc DH had to work (conference) DD and I played everyday at WDW....can't get any better than that. :wizard:

I have LOTS of Disney stuff that I have bought at the parks, Disney Store and the outlets but prob my fav stuff is my sweatshirts and jackets. I am ALWAYS cold so I wear them a LOT! I have a baby blue Tinkerbell really warm kind of fleecey sweatshirt that I got at Disney World last year that I LOVE but it hasn't held up very well unfortunately. I am going to look and see if they have something like it when I go to DL in 2 weeks cuz I love it but it has gotten some holes in it and the pocket has ripped. But it is prob my FAV cuz it is so snuggly and warm. Then I have prob 2 or three other sweatshirts and several coats that I have acquried that I wear ALL the time.

I have lots of T-shirts as well and some pants etc. I love it all and it makes me so happy to wear it cuz it is a little reminder of being in my "happy place". ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter