• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

what is your favorite Disney movie that is not animated?

Does Mary Poppins count if parts are animated??

If not, I'd have to say The Parent Trap. The original with Hayley Mills of course! :thumbsup2 But Pollyanna is a VERY close second.

polly p said:
I love princess diaries and princess diaries two.

those are definatly some of my favorite non-animated Disney films.

BUT we can't forget Pirates of the Caribbean 1 and 2(and 3 next year!)

One of my favorites that nobody has mentioned yet is "Follow Me Boys"

IHeartTink04 said:
Was "In Search of The Castaways" Disney because I LOVED that movie. I Loved Homeward Bound too.

Yep! That movie starred Hayley Mills. I was such a fan of hers as a child and I liked all of her Disney movies - Pollyanna, Parent Tray, In Search of the Castaways, That Darn Cat, Summer Magic, Moonspinners and I can't remember any other Disney ones right now.

Mary Poppins, hands down.

We also liked old--Absent Minded Professor (doncha love Fred MacMurray?) and new Flubber. Freaky Friday (old) and Cat from Outer Space. Also liked the Strongest Man in the World....and Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and Pete's Dragon, and, and, and.....

Another Mary Poppins vote here. I LOVE that movie. To me Julie Andrews IS Mary Poppins. Every time I see her in another movie, I still think of her as Mary.

Lila95 said:
Another Mary Poppins vote here. I LOVE that movie. To me Julie Andrews IS Mary Poppins. Every time I see her in another movie, I still think of her as Mary.

Yes....Victor/Victoria was too over the top for me!

Jennifer48 said:
Does Mary Poppins count if parts are animated??

If not, I'd have to say The Parent Trap. The original with Hayley Mills of course! :thumbsup2 But Pollyanna is a VERY close second.

Me too! These three! :thumbsup2

Another vote for Mary Poppins! :thumbsup2 I remember when Princess Diaries came out and DD8 saw Julie Andrews she was like "mommy she looks like Mary Poppins!" I thought that's my girl, I've trained you right. :cool1:

Nurse_Mommy4 said:
Another vote for Mary Poppins! :thumbsup2 I remember when Princess Diaries came out and DD8 saw Julie Andrews she was like "mommy she looks like Mary Poppins!" I thought that's my girl, I've trained you right. :cool1:

My daughter did the same thing. I love The Sound of Music so she had caught bits and pieces of that movie. The first time she saw Mary Poppins she stared at her for a minute and said "Mommy, Frauline Maria is really Mary Poppins."

Lila95 said:
My daughter did the same thing. I love The Sound of Music so she had caught bits and pieces of that movie. The first time she saw Mary Poppins she stared at her for a minute and said "Mommy, Frauline Maria is really Mary Poppins."

I grew up with Sound of Music imprinted on my brain. So to me Mary Poppins is really Maria! However, I do love Mary Poppins!

I love the new Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan. And Princess Diaries 1&2, and I love Summer Magic with Haley Mills. Ahh to list all my loves, it would take too long. (and too many pages.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter