What one day or not really advertised events are there at Disneyland?

gelatoni fan

DIS Veteran
Some of the smaller events barely get advertised but I was wondering if anyone knew of smaller events that would make a visit a little more unique. Here's some that I can come up with:
  1. Three Kings Day - sometimes there's a mini-show, food, crafts
  2. Valentines Day - decorations, food and princes out with their princesses
  3. Mardi Gras - special food, sometimes a Bayou themed mini-show
  4. Easter - bunny characters out and easter egg hunt
  5. Mothers Day and Fathers Day - I know other parks sometimes have characters appear with their parents (ex. Max with Goofy) but haven't seen this at DL. Do they do anything special?
  6. Earth Day - environmentally themed activities and greater likelihood to see Jiminy Cricket
  7. May the 4th - sometimes there's official Star Wars stuff
  8. July 4th - Independence day themed fireworks
  9. Disneyland's birthday - usually a cavalcade
  10. Mickey's birthday - free buttons, photo spot and special performances some years
  11. Choc Walk - Charity event with special schedule
  12. New Years Eve - countdown
Anything else I may have missed? Events like Halloween and Lunar New Year are big enough that I don't really think of them as not advertised.

Last edited:
Some of the smaller events barely get advertised but I was wondering if anyone knew of smaller events that would make a visit a little more unique. Here's some that I can come up with:
  1. Three Kings Day - sometimes there's a mini-show, food, crafts
  2. Valentines Day - decorations, food and princes out with their princesses
  3. Mardi Gras - special food, sometimes a Bayou themed mini-show
  4. Easter - bunny characters out and easter egg hunt
  5. Mothers Day and Fathers Day - I know other parks sometimes have characters appear with their parents (ex. Max with Goofy) but haven't seen this at DL. Do they do anything special?
  6. Earth Day - environmentally themed activities and greater likelihood to see Jiminy Cricket
  7. May the 4th - sometimes there's official Star Wars stuff
  8. July 4th - Independence day themed fireworks
  9. Disneyland's birthday - usually a cavalcade
  10. Mickey's birthday - free buttons, photo spot and special performances some years
  11. Chok Walk - Charity event with special schedule
  12. New Years Eve - countdown
Anything else I may have missed? Events like Halloween and Lunar New Year are big enough that I don't really think of them as not advertised.
This year, #5 Father's Day will coincide with Dapper Day: Spring Dapper Days Moved To June. The other events usually are mentioned and somewhat advertised on the Disney Parks Blog. Maybe not with much advance notice, but there usually is at least one post given to those days to mention anything going on in the parks and in DTD. Have you done a search on the Parks Blog to see what has been done at DLR for these events in the past? Most of these days aren't exactly secrets in the parks. And we've had posts on this forum for many of these special days -- have you done a search here, too? Look under CHOC (with a C at the end) Walk -- I know I've posted every year for the past several years about that event! And see the CHOC Walk website, too.

We really enjoyed 4th of July. They do advertise the special things tho. We did world of color dessert party that night and they did a special pre show that included fireworks and frankly was pretty dang awesome with the lights and projections on the water and the music. Then we caught castle fireworks is the esplanade on the way out.

Thank you for taking the time to put together this list. It's fun to see a list in one place of the smaller celebrations that Disneyland does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter