What to/ What to NOT bring with you

Snowhitegirl,
Just wanted to say thanks for your job. I know its boring but if it wasn't for employees like you we might not be as safe. We'll be there week after Thanksgiving and I hope to see you to say thanks in person.

Originally posted by snowwhitegirl
Just a helpful thread for some of you who have not been to Disney since September 11.

[SNIP]

5.NO guns are permitted in the parks...this includes cops and federal agents), large knives, etc

[SNIP]

I assume this ban in on off-duty LEO's, not on-duty local, state or federal LEO's actively doing something work related. Otherwise any yahoo who will get a firearm into WDW suddenly has little to fear during an inital rampage.

-Joe
p.s. This isn't intended to start a pro-anti gun debate...just want to clarify WDW's position.

I've been through these type checkpoints before. At Texas Motor Speedway they check over 100,000 people the morning of the NASCAR race for the frontstretch grandstands and the lines moves a lot quicker than you would think. It really helps if you have your bags open in advance and "help" them look through them by moving things aside or in and out of the bag as requested. Politeness on our part can only help the situation. These people have a pretty tough job these days and they are doing this job so that we can have a safe and magical time.

I like the rolling backpacks also. That way you can carry it as a backpack on rides and roll when you are walking around. I guess rolling backpacks are not allowed. Is that correct? I hate putting everything in lockers because you have to walk all the way back to your locker to retrieve things. I guess the best thing is to rent a stroller and carry everything in it.

How much is it to rent a stroller?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter