What's your date & rate for 2006?

shankles 91
if you make 2 ressies, be sure to tell the front desk when you check in what you are doing.

the next day after you have checked in, you will have to go down in the morning anytime and check out on paper but check back in again. you don't have to change rooms unless you want to. (thats for the 2nd ressie)

i did this in 03. i went down to the front desk at 6 am when i went to get some coffee and step outside in the early morning. also, the front desk told me i had first options of keeping the room if i wanted to . i did.

things may have changed since i did that but maybe you can do it all at the time when you check in.

HRH
Queen Suite Club Level
March 16 - 19
$349.00
(originally $419.00 but since loews member got an email for their winterwonderloews rate and when I called to ask about it they lowered my rate!)

janet

Jan 31st, HRH
AAA Loews free upgrade pool view 183.00 :cool1:

All you guys who are going soon dont forget to give us your trip reports! :cool1:

lindalinda said:
All you guys who are going soon dont forget to give us your trip reports! :cool1:

yea, especially me...........cause i don't go until october......
i wanna hear about your trips.

Gosh, I'm bad with trip reports, but I'll try.

BTW--we leave in 4 days for our romantic get-a-way! Woo-HOO! :cool1: :jumping1:

bslowry said:
RPR June 9-14
$195 night
standard room
loews member :tongue:

Have you thought about joining AAA to get a room discount and other discounts on food and gift shops? The AAA rate for June is $183.20+tax, which might save you more than the cost of the membership.

Hi I am going for the first time since 1991. I have booked water view for 259.00 at RPH. Altho I have the loews card the person said I probobly wouldn't be able to upgrade from standard so I booked the water view. I don't have AAAand am not puchasing it.
Other than AAA does anyone have any tips to lower the price?

Hi I am going for the first time since 1991. I have booked water view for 259.00 at RPH. Altho I have the loews card the person said I probobly wouldn't be able to upgrade from standard so I booked the water view. I don't have AAAand am not puchasing it.

they come out with an aph rate for the summer months.We went in 2004 and our rate for RPR was 129.00 i think in that range anyway.
Have fun!!

PBH March 19-21 king/garden

$259 aph (down from $296 yesterday)

maybe an upgrade with lowe's first, but i'm cool with the wine and nuts!

J/T Gramdma said:
I don't have AAAand am not puchasing it.

:confused3

It seems that for 2006, AAA is the way to go as far as hotel rates are concerned. In years past, the best rates had been either entertainment book, or AP. Now they don't offer e-book rates on the hotels, and, with the exception of passholder appreciation month rates, the AP rates have all been higher for the dates I have selected.

I reserved RPR at the AAA rate for 5 nights for $183. The AP rate for the same nights was $203. So, just for that one item I saved $111.50 (including the 11.5% taxes). If I did not have an AP, the quoted rate without discount was in the $280's per night. People without AP's can save $111.50 per night with AAA. My AAA membership cost me $88 for the family membership. I don't remember the exact dollars, but I know it was a similar story for my upcoming trip to PBH.

That being said, I am hoping that the AP rates drop a bit and I can get my hotel rate reduced. What you might do is call reservations and ask them to quote you rates using AAA and AP. It does not matter that you do not have either of those things at the time of booking. After you have the rates for your particular dates in front of you, you can decide what if any rate you want to go with and make sure you have the credentials for that rate before you travel.

georgina said:
Have you thought about joining AAA to get a room discount and other discounts on food and gift shops? The AAA rate for June is $183.20+tax, which might save you more than the cost of the membership.

Where else can you get discounts (other then the hotel rate) using you can at universal? Is there somewhere you can find a list of these places? thanks

i go to the website to see the options i have for the discounts per hotel.

when i decide, i call to make my ressie just in case there are any changes.

one thing to remember, once you have made your ressie, do call back occassionally. rates can drop with the discount code you have.

last year, the aph and aaa rates dropped for a few days in early sept for my oct date. you can modify your ressies then.

that's why i call the hotel about 3 weeks out from my trip to see if there are any changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter