When are you going to Aulani?

Just curious from another north east member planing a trip to Aulani in April, are you doing a non-stop or breaking up the flight?

Hey, we're flying out of NYC-->Dallas-->HNL on the way there. On the way home, we're HNL-->LAX-->NYC

We would LOVE to stay in LA a few days since who knows when we'll be on the West Coast ever again...but British Airways/American booked our trip as a "married segment," which we've learned means we are not allowed to separate the segments. If we want to try, our whole trip reservation must be cancelled to try to individual segments. Bummer, but at the end of the day, we're taking the kiddos to Hawaii, never dreamed we would do that:lovestruck

We have been watching airfare daily hoping it might go down, won't seem to go below $1,050 per person tho from Philly. Here's hoping you got a good deal!

I actually had enough air miles on continental so we are flying from Newark to Honolulu for only $20, but I nearly wiped out all my miles. I don't feel so bad cause I feel like at least I got my monies worth with the miles.

We were originally planned for 1/22-1/29 but had to move it back a week, in doing that I wasn't able to get a studio room for the night of the 2nd...I'm in need of some serious pixie dust! I was able to get a studio from 1/28-2/2 no problem but the rest of our stay is just barely pieced together. I've been calling multiple times a day hoping for :wizard:

We were at Aulani in November (1-8) in a 2BR OV with my family of five, plus my parents. This time it will just be my family in a 1BR PV. We are so excited to be going back to Aulani, but the airfare is so expensive during the summer. I guess that is why I have been planning our vacations on the off seasons. Hope we get a fair deal on the airfare.

My family will be enjoying Aulani February 27-March 4. This will be our first trip to Hawaii & we're extremely excited..... :woohoo:

I actually had enough air miles on continental so we are flying from Newark to Honolulu for only $20, but I nearly wiped out all my miles. I don't feel so bad cause I feel like at least I got my monies worth with the miles.

We bought 6 tickets on American using miles. Austin to Kauai, Honolulu to Austin (via LAX). We will fly Hawaiian from Kauai to Honolulu in the middle of the trip.

But, DH will build those miles back up with his quarterly trips to China and India, and traveling 30+ weeks a year in the US.

Now the trick is to work on those upgrades!

Just curious from another north east member planing a trip to Aulani in April, are you doing a non-stop or breaking up the flight?

We are going straight through both ways (connecting in Phoenix). Interesting that conecting through Phoenix was far cheaper then flying through Ohare or LAX (through US Airways). Not that I would want to fly through O'Hare anyway!

Considering September 2014.

As far as I know there is no meal plan, thank goodness.

I know we are crazy to go in August for 10 days but we are. :cool1:
Anyone going to be there right after us? We leave August 13th. We were thinking about getting a boogie board for our son rather than renting it somewhere and would like to pass it on (read free:cutie:) if someone wants to work it out with me. Depending on how cheap it is for snorkel gear we may just buy that too. We have done this before on a cruise before the cruise line put a stop to it. :sad2: And if that doesn't work out maybe the locals can give us ideas to hand them off to someone.
Aloha :goodvibes

We just booked yesterday for a last minute trip. I was shocked that they had 1br availability for 6 nights. We are heading there on Feb. 4!:cool1:

We'll be at Aulani Apr 8-15 after a week on Maui. My DS's 5th birthday is Apr 9, he's very excited to spend his birthday with Mickey and the gang! :banana:

We are going July 2nd through July 9th... Hoping for some special 4th of July fireworks from Disney

We are going July 2nd through July 9th... Hoping for some special 4th of July fireworks from Disney

Don't know if Disney will be having a fireworks show, though its likely that Koolina will have one ... you're in for a treat though if you haven't been in Hawaii for either New Years or 4th of July. The entire island will be covered in smoke since we islanders take our fireworks very seriously.

I know we are crazy to go in August for 10 days but we are. :cool1:
Anyone going to be there right after us? We leave August 13th. We were thinking about getting a boogie board for our son rather than renting it somewhere and would like to pass it on (read free:cutie:) if someone wants to work it out with me. Depending on how cheap it is for snorkel gear we may just buy that too. We have done this before on a cruise before the cruise line put a stop to it. :sad2: And if that doesn't work out maybe the locals can give us ideas to hand them off to someone.
Aloha :goodvibes

We will be there the same time. We are staying Aug 3rd - 16th.

We will be there the same time. We are staying Aug 3rd - 16th.
Well if we plan on buying them (I am 95% sure about the boogie board not so sure about the snorkel gear) and you want them for the end of your stay we will have to try and connect. :cool1::banana:
Later,
Sue

Well if we plan on buying them (I am 95% sure about the boogie board not so sure about the snorkel gear) and you want them for the end of your stay we will have to try and connect. :cool1::banana:
Later,
Sue

Have you planned out your trip? How many people are in your trip? Will you be renting a car for the whole trip?

We will be there August 1-8. We have a son who will be 9 and a 7 year old daughter.

It's my husband and kids' first trip to Hawaii!!! :banana:

In July, we'll be there for three nights before heading to Kauai. We are SUPER excited to arrive, swim, snorkel and relax at Aulani for our entire stay.

The girls and I bought my DH a vacation countdown clock as a Christmas present and that puppy is set!!! We are sooooo counting down the days until our trip!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter