When are your kids back in school????

I start on Wednesday. :( My daughter is in high school and our district has decided to start in August for the first probably ever.

DGS#2 started yesterday. His parents are :woohoo::drinking1party:

DGS#3 starts tomorrow. His parents are ready to :banana::wave2::cheer2:

DGS#4 doesn't start until 2025 (for preK). :rotfl2:

Local school district - teachers/staff start 8/24, students back 8/30 (preK - 9th) or 8/31 (10th - 12th).
Local community college starts fall semester on 9/6.

No kids in school anymore. But for elementary and junior/senior high they always started the Wednesday or Thursday after Labor Day. One year when Rosh Hashanah was very early they started the Monday after Labor Day.

Older DD’s college started the week before LD. Younger DD didn’t start until late September. (U of California quarter system)

Teachers here start 9/6, and the children on 9/7.
Do the teachers get any time before that to get organized, or are they expected to come in on their own time? We get four full paid days of prep time before the kids come.

My DD12 starts back tomorrow (August 16) and this is later for us than usual - usually start around August 10 or so. I'm usually one that is ready to get back to routine but I disliked last year a lot (middle school drama) and not looking forward to it starting back up again.

My daughter starts grad school on Monday. Local schools start Monday as well.

Do the teachers get any time before that to get organized, or are they expected to come in on their own time? We get four full paid days of prep time before the kids come.
We have hundreds of school districts in this state. The one I know the most about does not pay extra for prep days. Teachers are paid twice a month for ten months, September through June. A few years ago the teachers actually went back in late August, and the paycheck schedule was not altered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter