When do you realistically think ABD will start operating again?

Has anyone heard if ABD will release 2023 River cruise itineraries in January 2022 like past years? We have a placeholder deposit and I’m wondering if ABD will extend the date we have to pick something by.

Has anyone heard if ABD will release 2023 River cruise itineraries in January 2022 like past years? We have a placeholder deposit and I’m wondering if ABD will extend the date we have to pick something by.
ABD currently has 2022 River Cruises on sale if you book between now and the end of February.
2022 Summer River Cruise Offer: Save on Select Summer Sailings
Book now and save $2,000 for a family of 4 on select summer departures along the Danube and Rhine River through amazing European destinations when you book through February 28, 2022!
I'm wondering if they are going to push the release for 2023 until after that (March?)

Sayhello

I saw on fb that the March Backstage Magic trips have been cancelled (but not the Escapes). It makes it sound like the non-Disney stuff like the Jim Henson Studios (which are not included in the Escapes) are the sticking points.

Sayhello

Posting here as it may be more than just my trip - I’m booked on one of the October New England trips and got an email from AbD yesterday that my PIF date has been pushed forward approx 60 days, from beginning of June to end of July.

Posting here as it may be more than just my trip - I’m booked on one of the October New England trips and got an email from AbD yesterday that my PIF date has been pushed forward approx 60 days, from beginning of June to end of July.

Thanks for heads up. I did not get an email and my PIF for May Germany was coming up soon. I looked on the website and the info is there- PIF now at 65 days out. Glad I have a little longer to see how things are going to play out.

CANCELLATION & FINAL PAYMENT POLICY UPDATES

New bookings of Land Adventures, Escapes and river cruises made through December 31, 2021 for travel through March 31, 2022 are eligible for fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date.

The final payment date for reservations made for Land Adventures and Escapes travel through March 31, 2023 has been temporarily modified to 65 days prior to departure.

All Buenos Aires departures, all Private Adventures, all river cruise sailings and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this modified cancellation and final payment policy.

For deposit, payment and cancellation policies for all Buenos Aires Escape departures, all Private Adventures, all river cruise sailings and all expedition cruise sailings visit our Terms & Conditions.

FINAL PAYMENT UPDATE

For bookings that travel through March 31, 2023, final payment will now be due 65 days prior to the adventure start date. Trips cancelled between 64-46 days prior to departure are subject to a 50% cancellation penalty; trips cancelled less than 46 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% cancellation penalty. Trips excluded from this final payment policy include:
  • All Buenos Aires Escape departures
  • All Expedition Cruise sailings
  • All Private Adventure departures
  • All River Cruise sailings
Unless otherwise stated on your Guest Confirmation, the deposit payment for existing bookings will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15 or more days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation.

For deposit, payment and cancellation policies for all Buenos Aires Escape departures, all Private Adventures, all river cruise sailings and all expedition cruise sailings visit our Terms & Conditions.

CANCELLATION POLICY FOR NEW 2023 EXPEDITION CRUISES AND 2023 BUENOS AIRES ESCAPE BOOKINGS:

Guests who change or cancel their 2023 expedition cruise or 2023 Buenos Aires Escape reservation for any reason up to 280 days prior to departure will receive a future travel credit in the amount of their required deposit. Travel credits are eligible to be redeemed within 24 months of the initial booking date. Date changes or cancellations made within 280 days prior to departure will be subject to Adventures by Disney's standard terms and conditions. Travel credits are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash in whole or in part.

CANCELLATION & FINAL PAYMENT POLICY UPDATES

New bookings of Land Adventures, Escapes and river cruises made through December 31, 2021 for travel through March 31, 2022 are eligible for fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date.

The final payment date for reservations made for Land Adventures and Escapes travel through March 31, 2023 has been temporarily modified to 65 days prior to departure.

All Buenos Aires departures, all Private Adventures, all river cruise sailings and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this modified cancellation and final payment policy.

FINAL PAYMENT UPDATE

For bookings that travel through March 31, 2023, final payment will now be due 65 days prior to the adventure start date. Trips cancelled between 64-46 days prior to departure are subject to a 50% cancellation penalty; trips cancelled less than 46 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% cancellation penalty. Trips excluded from this final payment policy include:
  • All Buenos Aires Escape departures
  • All Expedition Cruise sailings
  • All Private Adventure departures
  • All River Cruise sailings
Unless otherwise stated on your Guest Confirmation, the deposit payment for existing bookings will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15 or more days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation.

CANCELLATION POLICY FOR NEW 2023 EXPEDITION CRUISES AND 2023 BUENOS AIRES ESCAPE BOOKINGS:

Guests who change or cancel their 2023 expedition cruise or 2023 Buenos Aires Escape reservation for any reason up to 280 days prior to departure will receive a future travel credit in the amount of their required deposit. Travel credits are eligible to be redeemed within 24 months of the initial booking date. Date changes or cancellations made within 280 days prior to departure will be subject to Adventures by Disney's standard terms and conditions. Travel credits are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash in whole or in part.
I just came here to post this. I got an email from ABD this morning that indicated these changes were for all existing bookings for the 2022 Season (through March 31, 2023) but it looks like the blurb on the website is more inclusive.

I'm glad they did this. Makes things a tad less stressful.

Sayhello

Unfortunately this isn't making me feel confident in our booking next summer in Europe. I sure hope things improve sooner than later.
I feel they're only doing it to ease some peoples anxieties about booking trips like this, that cost a good chunk of money, by having the money due closer to the trip date people might feel a little better because they'll know a bit more about the world situation at that point (in my mind anyway). Having to be PIF so far in advance makes a lot of people uneasy when things are so uncertain, so to ease those fears they do a "hey, don't worry, it's not due until two months out, you're good!" and people go "well that makes me feel better, I should book now so I can take advantage of this!". I'm going on the arctic expedition July 2023 so mine doesn't fall under this, but I know it would make me feel better if they did this with the payments.

I feel they're only doing it to ease some peoples anxieties about booking trips like this, that cost a good chunk of money, by having the money due closer to the trip date people might feel a little better because they'll know a bit more about the world situation at that point (in my mind anyway). Having to be PIF so far in advance makes a lot of people uneasy when things are so uncertain, so to ease those fears they do a "hey, don't worry, it's not due until two months out, you're good!" and people go "well that makes me feel better, I should book now so I can take advantage of this!". I'm going on the arctic expedition July 2023 so mine doesn't fall under this, but I know it would make me feel better if they did this with the payments.
I would have felt better put I now I really don't. I had called in as we were going to be tied up over the holidays with family matters and understood there would not be any new later payment changes for us on an April 28 USA departure soI paid in full. The note was seen today - so again they have my money, some of which for about three years...They had already moved the date for January through March but not the following two months so we were paying way before people traveling before us. Some consistency and correct information would be appreciated.

I would have felt better put I now I really don't. I had called in as we were going to be tied up over the holidays with family matters and understood there would not be any new later payment changes for us on an April 28 USA departure soI paid in full. The note was seen today - so again they have my money, some of which for about three years...They had already moved the date for January through March but not the following two months so we were paying way before people traveling before us. Some consistency and correct information would be appreciated.
The same thing happened to us with our April DCL cruise so I understand, it is frustrating. We’ve just been shifting money since all the closures started hoping to finally go, then they finally started operating again and our PIF date was coming up so we paid. I had even contacted them because I had heard conflicting info on it, they told me I had to pay by my PIF date, so I paid…..and a week later they moved it to months later.
I think half the time the customer service folks have zero clue what is going on with this stuff, then the people upstream send out this info that would have been good for everyone to know well before PIF dates hit. Unfortunately they wait until after many peoples dates come and go to do this so it means nothing, it really is all for show to put peoples minds at ease who are on the fence about either keeping their future dates or booking a future trip.

For anyone interested- i confirmed that the 2023 River cruises should be released in March. I was able to get our placeholders extended by 2 months until these dates are released. The vacationista I spoke with said 2023 land itineraries should be released in april or May.

Well March 2022 Italy trips are being canceled. A person in another group who had a trip book got the call. She questioned why so early they said so people can make other arrangements. :/

I have an April 2022 trip. third time moved in two years. We need to go because I have a health reason I am running out of time to travel to places like Italy. Was made to pay in fullDec 1. No word from Disney what their plans are. I am over this. I am triple vaxxed. Many of my friends have traveled to Europe/Italy just fine over the past few months. I almost feel like calling another travel vip company. But Disney has 100% of my money.

Omicron is projected to drop Like a rock come February. I don’t get this.

Well March 2022 Italy trips are being canceled. A person in another group who had a trip book got the call. She questioned why so early they said so people can make other arrangements. :/

I have an April 2022 trip. third time moved in two years. We need to go because I have a health reason I am running out of time to travel to places like Italy. Was made to pay in fullDec 1. No word from Disney what their plans are. I am over this. I am triple vaxxed. Many of my friends have traveled to Europe/Italy just fine over the past few months. I almost feel like calling another travel vip company. But Disney has 100% of my money.

Omicron is projected to drop Like a rock come February. I don’t get this.

In the same boat. Been cancelled three times since April 2000. Now booked for Rome-Venice April ‘22. Been paid in full since March 2000. Don’t know why vaccination status matters so many family and friends who bragged about being “tripled vaxed” just got the crap in the last month. Bigger problem is the State Department (US) Issued a do not travel due to Covid and terrorism on 12/13/2021.
Travel Advisory
December 13, 2021
Italy - Level 4: Do Not Travel

Do not travel to Italy due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution due to terrorism.

Spoke with ABD just now…… ”Charlie” stated if a Country is Level 4 trips are cancelled. She went on to say that to the best of her knowledge no Italy trips have taken place since 2000. As of now April trips are still On

In the same boat. Been cancelled three times since April 2000. Now booked for Rome-Venice April ‘22. Been paid in full since March 2000. Don’t know why vaccination status matters so many family and friends who bragged about being “tripled vaxed” just got the crap in the last month. Bigger problem is the State Department (US) Issued a do not travel due to Covid and terrorism on 12/13/2021.
Travel Advisory
December 13, 2021

Do not travel to Italy due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution due to terrorism.

Spoke with ABD just now…… ”Charlie” stated if a Country is Level 4 trips are cancelled. She went on to say that to the best of her knowledge no Italy trips have taken place since 2000. As of now April trips are still On

Lovely, I have a March 2022 Viking Italy Cruise that is the third move and a May 2022 ABD Rhine River cruise that is also a third move. What kills me is both of these trips were booked very early with the early booking discount and Viking was PIF early in 2019. Each time I moved the price went up and there was no early booking discount.

The travel insurance was also a PIA to move. I had purchased "Cancel for Any Reason" when I booked in 2018 but every time I moved, the cost of the insurance went up considerably. I would have just gotten a refund but I had booked the ABD trip using Disney Gift Cards. I bought some every month from Target like a prepaid plan but it would be a nightmare to have all that returned to the gift cards. And this was when they were $100 a piece. Now the $500 email ones are much easier to keep track of instead of a bag of cards.

Reactions: JGM
Lovely, I have a March 2022 Viking Italy Cruise that is the third move and a May 2022 ABD Rhine River cruise that is also a third move. What kills me is both of these trips were booked very early with the early booking discount and Viking was PIF early in 2019. Each time I moved the price went up and there was no early booking discount.

The travel insurance was also a PIA to move. I had purchased "Cancel for Any Reason" when I booked in 2018 but every time I moved, the cost of the insurance went up considerably. I would have just gotten a refund but I had booked the ABD trip using Disney Gift Cards. I bought some every month from Target like a prepaid plan but it would be a nightmare to have all that returned to the gift cards. And this was when they were $100 a piece. Now the $500 email ones are much easier to keep track of instead of a bag of cards.

ABD has not charged me any extra for the 3 reschedules.
The entire thing is a joke. The US is “Level 4” yet fully open but they issue Do Not Travel orders for Italy and most of Europe. Shouldn’t that be up to the hosting Country?
It’s the dam flu, I’ve had it, was sick for 2 days. I’ve had worse colds. Time to move on from this crap.

Travel Advisory
December 13, 2021

I'm assuming you mean 2020 and not 2000. You did the same in the other thread you posted in.

Sayhello

ABD has not charged me any extra for the 3 reschedules.
The entire thing is a joke. The US is “Level 4” yet fully open but they issue Do Not Travel orders for Italy and most of Europe. Shouldn’t that be up to the hosting Country?
It’s the dam flu, I’ve had it, was sick for 2 days. I’ve had worse colds. Time to move on from this crap.
That is how I feel. Florida has a higher case count per 100,000 people than most of Europe, including Italy. Yet Disney World is open and cruises (which are a do not travel) are sailing around. So does New York and other states that ABD is operating trips with. Countries that may not be level 4, yet have not so great health and hospital systems are running. But going to a first world country, triple vaxxed, insurance if I get covid in another country, with a case count lower than most states.......too dangerous. :/

I am just a little upset ABD demanded PIF for us April folks, then people a little later get a different payment policy. Honestly. I paid on the last hour, but i figured if there were doubts disney would have done a 60 day PIF instead of the 120 days. I want to switch to another company but here is my money tied up with Disney. Tauck is currently running to europe. I am praying we go in April. My TA has worked so hard on this trip, but I am about to give up on ABD for Europe. Even when case counts were super low they didn't go. It makes me question if they really care or want to go anymore as a company.

I did mean 2020 Thank you.
I live in NY. So called “cases” are through the roof yet just about no one is sick. I paid with DVC points that have now been tied up for 3 years! They, ABD & DVC, cannot even tell me what will happen to my DVC points if they cancel for the 4th time without me rebooking. At this point it’ has cost me about $1000 to rebook flights. Enough is enough.
I did the ABD Rome tour back in 2008. It was amazing. Was so looking forward to going again, now not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter