When does night become day for checking in? (How early

marynvince

DIS Veteran
can I check in. Driving to HHI for Thanskgiving week and am contemplating driving straight through from Oh, arriving around 6am. Have checked in around 8am and have gotten room at HHI. Getting there on Sat before and have had pick of rooms before when arriving Sat am.

can I check in. Driving to HHI for Thanskgiving week and am contemplating driving straight through from Oh, arriving around 6am. Have checked in around 8am and have gotten room at HHI. Getting there on Sat before and have had pick of rooms before when arriving Sat am.

I believe it is 6:30 or 7am, but that does not mean you will get your room before 4pm or later.

Denise in MI

We drove from NorCal to Disneyland Halloween night 2 years ago. Got in around 4am and they checked us in (we had meant to arrive at 7a), the room happened to be ready at 11a.

If you want a room for sure, book the night before and tell them you will have a very late arrival.

If you want a room for sure, book the night before and tell them you will have a very late arrival.

But you run the risk of being labelled a no show. A CM might miss that your arrival time is the next morning.

Here's what Home Resort Rules and Regulations says:

Late Arrivals and No-Shows. If Club Members or their Guests fail to check in on their arrival day, they must notify Member Services or the destination DVC Resort's front desk of their revised arrival time. Club Members do not receive an extension of their reservation or a partial refund of Home Resort Vacation Points due to late arrivals or check ins or failure to cancel prior to the arrival date. If their party does not check in and fails to notify Member Services or the DVC Resort of their revised plans, Club Members will lose all of the Home Resort Vacation Points used to make that reservation and are not entitled to any refund.

To me you run the risk of losing your reservation because you are not checking in on the day of the reservation begins.

Maybe that's a beter way to ask the question. I'm not going to book the night before and use those points when/if I can get my room at 6am?

Maybe that's a beter way to ask the question. I'm not going to book the night before and use those points when/if I can get my room at 6am?

Never plan on being in the room before 4pm. You may get lucky, and we have about 50% of the time, but when we really want it to be ready early, it rarely is available before 4 pm. And remember, you are talking about Thanksgiving week, for a room to be available that early in the morning, it would have to have been unoccupied the prior night.

I agree with Chuck. You may be able to get your key but most likely it will be 4pm or later till you know the room number.

A room would have to have been empty the night before and if you have any requests the chances will even be lower that the empty room was in a location you wanted.

If you arrive that early have a plan on what to do without a room till 4pm or so.

Denise in MI

But you run the risk of being labelled a no show. A CM might miss that your arrival time is the next morning.

To me you run the risk of losing your reservation because you are not checking in on the day of the reservation begins.

We recently had a redeye from Los Angeles, our reservation was for Saturday August 6th, we arrived at SSR on Sunday August 7th at 7:45 am. We notified reservations of travel plans in advance. The room was waiting for us; once we notified the CM that we were "technically" a Saturday August 6th arrival, and not a Sunday August 7th arrival.

I've been advised by MS that many people do book the night before. Call MS and the resort to be sure it's noted that you will be a very late arrival. I haven't done it, but I don't think the risk is that great if you do what they ask you to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter