When will SSR (old or new) walkway be re-opened to DTD?

dcibrando

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when the SSR (old or new) walkway will be re-opened to DTD?

Have a trip planned for late map/early June at SSR and we use that often

Thanks!

The walkway to the West Side is still open. The walkway to the Marketplace has been removed and construction of it's replacement has not yet begun.

The walkway to the West Side is still open. The walkway to the Marketplace has been removed and construction of it's replacement has not yet begun.

Yeah I know.....just return from there :). Just wondering if anyone knows when the marketplace one will reopen

Yeah I know.....just return from there :). Just wondering if anyone knows when the marketplace one will reopen

No one knows if it will open prior to completion of the Disney Springs redo which is not supposed to be complete until 2016.

When we were just there we still walked from congress park to DTD very easily. Just walk toward the paddocks and there is a guard gate there, walk right out that way and you will meet up with the sidewalk to DTD. It didn't even feel like it was much more of a walk then the old walkway. I was worried if they would mind us doing this since walking out the guard gate there is no sidewalk along the driveway area but even the bell hop taking us to our room pointed out taking that route in place of the old walkway. It was really easy. Pull up a google satellite map and you will see in plain as day.

interesting... I hadn't thought about that way - thanks!

I'm looking forward to the new bridge/walkway though... would love to see this completed in 2014

Hi, my family will be staying at SSR for the first time late May, early June. I would also like to know approximate walk time from SSR to DTD. Thank you

Its probably about 10 minutes from the Congress Park area to the Marketplace... not sure about the Springs area to the West Side..

Any news on this, can you still walk out of complex in Paddocks area and then walk over to DTD?

When were at Downtown Disney in February, it appeared that the footings were in place on the SSR side of the river to begin installation of the bridge. I think they are going to build the bridge with pre-fab cast concrete spans.

I think it is really going to be a wonderful addition to the neighborhood!

We have stayed at SSR a few times, and bought a small contract there after the construction of the THV's - The addition of the new pool area and additional food service location made a HUGE difference in making the resort manageable (in terms of not having to ALWAYS go to the Carriage House for EVERYTHING).

We look forward to future stays at SSR, especially for visits that aren't quite so park-centric. It is such a beautiful resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter