Where are we all eating?

that was our thoughts..the noise alone @ chef mickeys reminds me of a 747 taking off..not too relaxing and with little people running amok.....Kona is so much more civilized and did I mention "they have decent Australian standard coffee"......Loved the breakfast...nothing healthy-ish...but hey we are on hols. Oh and the coffee is great in the plunger..oops, already mentioned that:rolleyes1

We have no choice with Chef Mickeys. Its DD6's one request. We've done both breakfast and dinner before but we are going back to the breakfast this time. Dinner was just awful.
DD9's one request is Boma for dinner which we are fine with. We've enjoyed that both times we've been.
One breakfast we did that we really really enjoyed last time was The Wave. It was so quiet in there. Maybe it had something to do with it just being DH and I as the girls were off doing a pirate cruise, but we really like it.

Important information. In general the coffee over there is not the best.... I had a great coffee from the bar at Royal Pacific Resort at Universal.

We are serious coffee drinkers, and after 2 weeks of USA type coffee we are bouncing off the walls......so stumbling across a good cup is priceless...another good place is the cart just before test track at epcot, tucked away near ellens thing. Seriously good coffee there......avoid Norway, it was horrible....most restaurants serve OK coffee,the one in the foyer of the contemporary is not worth the $$$.......we need to create a chart of good coffee places. pirate:

Nice coffee equals happy husband......always a good thing! :lovestruc

Thanks for the advice Karen, you're like the Yoda of WDW! :worship:

I'm at work right now (have been here since 7.00am) - do you think that somebody could pop in with one of those French press coffee thingys from Kona Cafe? :goodvibes

I'll take some Mickey waffles too if one of you wants to swing by the Crystal Palace. :)

Thanks, I'll be waiting..... ;);)

I'm at work right now (have been here since 7.00am) - do you think that somebody could pop in with one of those French press coffee thingys from Kona Cafe? :goodvibes

I'll take some Mickey waffles too if one of you wants to swing by the Crystal Palace. :)

Thanks, I'll be waiting..... ;);)

:rotfl:

Nice coffee equals happy husband......always a good thing! :lovestruc

Thanks for the advice Karen, you're like the Yoda of WDW! :worship:

so..what your saying is i'm short, fat and cant speak well?????:laughing:

seriously, if I dont find a decent coffee once a day no amount of damn pixie dust will make me feel better:rolleyes:

was chatting to the DH last night, and I think the highlight of our trip's now is the food..the theming, the different ways we can slip into diabetic comas:rotfl2:

did i mention i am 17 sleeps away????

roll on sept 15.....off to now buy my photopass....saving $50 by pre-paying it:rolleyes1

My fiancee and I will be honeymooning at WDW for 10 nights at the end of October on the DxDDP. Heres our ADRs!

Monday 24th October - Arrive MCO at 10pm

Tuesday 25th October
Breakfast - Chef Mickeys 9am
Lunch - F&W
Dinner - Les Chef de France 7pm

Wednesday 26th October
Breakfast - CRT 8am
Lunch - Crystal Palace 1pm
Dinner - California Grill 8pm

Thursday 27th October - QS Breakfast and IOA/HHN

Friday 28th October - Discovery Cove
Dinner - Raglan Road 8pm

Saturday 29th October
Breakfast - Tusker House 8am
Lunch - Yak & Yeti 1pm
Dinner - Jiko 5:30pm

Sunday 30th October
Breakfast - Captains Grille 7:30am
Lunch - Hollywood Brown Derby 2pm
Dinner - Sci Fi Diner 9pm

Monday 31st October - US and MNSSHP

Tuesday 1st November
Breakfast - Cape May Cafe 10pm
Dinner - Le Cellier 8pm

Wednesday 2nd November
Breakfast - Ohana 7:30am
Lunch - Akershus 1:30pm
Dinner - Kona Cafe 8pm

Thursday 3rd November
Breakfast - 1900 Park Fare 9am

Then 3 nights on the Dream!

Wow, yum yum yummy yum yum. ;)

I love that you get to eat late like grown ups, yet you're still doing the character meals too - the best of both worlds. :yay:

My fiancee and I will be honeymooning at WDW for 10 nights at the end of October on the DxDDP. Heres our ADRs!

Monday 24th October - Arrive MCO at 10pm

Tuesday 25th October
Breakfast - Chef Mickeys 9am
Lunch - F&W
Dinner - Les Chef de France 7pm

Wednesday 26th October
Breakfast - CRT 8am
Lunch - Crystal Palace 1pm
Dinner - California Grill 8pm

Thursday 27th October - QS Breakfast and IOA/HHN

Friday 28th October - Discovery Cove
Dinner - Raglan Road 8pm

Saturday 29th October
Breakfast - Tusker House 8am
Lunch - Yak & Yeti 1pm
Dinner - Jiko 5:30pm

Sunday 30th October
Breakfast - Captains Grille 7:30am
Lunch - Hollywood Brown Derby 2pm
Dinner - Sci Fi Diner 9pm

Monday 31st October - US and MNSSHP

Tuesday 1st November
Breakfast - Cape May Cafe 10pm
Dinner - Le Cellier 8pm

Wednesday 2nd November
Breakfast - Ohana 7:30am
Lunch - Akershus 1:30pm
Dinner - Kona Cafe 8pm

Thursday 3rd November
Breakfast - 1900 Park Fare 9am

Then 3 nights on the Dream!

Looks great...we go to WDW for the food as well:cool1:

Ok it's funny how we like diff stuff..we LOVED Chef Mickeys last time but we had been in the US a month by then and poor DD couldn't face another cheese pizza, burger or nugget kids meal...so the buffet was like magic...and it was our first character meal...

this time no matter how hard i try we can't get in so...

We're doing on the dining plan
Sept 22 Ohana for breakfast (and characters)
Sept 22 Boma for dinner
Sept 23 Coral Reef for lunch (I know it has mixed reviews but that was our best sit down/table service last time)

Then when there are 9 of us and we're off site so OOT...so hard to get a booking for 9 people btw...we are doing The Crown and Rose at Epcot and I booked Wolfgang Puck at DTD because that was the only place we could get in at all there...

I'm all about the coffee btw so I would be very excited by a coffee thread.

I still have an ADR for our first night at Tony's but I will cancel that.

Wow, yum yum yummy yum yum. ;)

I love that you get to eat late like grown ups, yet you're still doing the character meals too - the best of both worlds. :yay:

Yeah my fiancee is a dance teacher so most nights we might not have dinner til 8 or 9pm, and working in theatre I eat at all sorts of weird times. Ive never understood how people can have dinner at 5pm!

Its Disneyworld! And its our honeymoon! Not gonna miss out on the fun stuff like character meals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter