• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are you staying on your next Disneyland Trip and Why?

Thought this would be a fun thread -- Hear where everyone is staying and why they picked the place they did (lots of great choices). I thought this thread could also be helpful to people who are trying to figure out where to stay -- a common question on this forum too.

Anyway, on our upcoming trip for three adults (me, my son who is 20, and my sister-in-law) I picked the Camelot Inn and Suites. Went with a family suite that gives us three real beds, so none of us need to sleep together or sleep on pull out or bunk bed - We have a King, and two queens. There is a pull out bed too, but we'll only use that as a sitting area. I liked it that it was walking distance to the parks and that it had a McDonald's right next door. Thought it sounded neat too that you can see fireworks from the pool and the mini kitchenette is a plus also. I'm picky on beds and read lots of reviews on Trip Advisor about beds being comfortable. It doesn't have breakfast included, but unless it's Embassy Suites, I really don't care for those hotel breakfasts and would rather just get an Egg Mcmuffin next door at McDonalds anyway and no breakfast means I don't feel like I'm being wasteful when I do that. // It's just a basic place, but that will work fine for us. Budget, walking distance, beds for everyone are winning over other factors for me. I had three good choices that met my major criteria, but ended up picking this one based on DS's preference looking at pictures on hotel websites (let him pick which one of the three I narrowed it down to).
Disneyland Hotel, because it's iconic, has the best-looking waterslide, cool headboards, and you can watch the fireworks from the club-level lounge. We'll probably be one and done for our Disneyland trip, so we want to make it special.

We're staying in a vacation rental for our September trip to the Park.
1) It gives us a quiet space away from the commotion of the Resort Area. First, we live far from our family. My wife's and my siblings will be joining us with their kids, as well as my father (who hasn't seen our children in two years) will be joining us for parts of the time we are in Anaheim. Second, our kids (and us) need breaks from the Park. Our last trip was three days in a row. The last two days were tortuous because the kids don't have the endurance, even with mid-day breaks, to go from opening to closing. Which leads me to the next reason.
2) The rate is better. For a cost comparable to a premium hotel room, we can house three families and split the cost. This way, we can spend more days in Anaheim and stay within budget. Which means we can still do three days in the Parks with rest days in between.
3) We get a full kitchen. I can't stand Park food. First the quality/price ratio is horrible. Second, while I have been known to put down some In-N-Out and my fair share of California burritos, we try to watch our diet on a normal basis. I like being able to make breakfast and dinner and to bring healthier snacks into the Park. There is a small mercado down the street from the place we are staying that has ridiculously good prices for produce.

So our Red Lion stay was largely positive. It's a five-minute walk from the Toy Story Lot, and a little more than 15 minutes directly to the parks. Our primary objection was that the refrigerator was badly configured, and there was no dresser, just open cubby-holes. But service was fantastic, and no request went unanswered.

In 2012, we stayed at the Fairfield. It was adequate.

This year we are booked in the Park Vue. I like that it has a queen bed and bunk beds (no pre-teen/teen fighting over who is taking more space in the bed), hot breakfast, free parking and so close to the cross walk. I hope this hotel lives up to the reviews on here. We really don't care about the pool - my daughters are competitive swimmers, so a pool is not a big deal, plus we will be in the parks all day so we wouldn't have time to use it anyway. In 2012 in DLR and 2015 at WDW we never used the pool.

I ALWAYS take a power strip when traveling - I actually have a power strip next to my bed that all the cords are plugged into and that strip and set of cords gets packed for every trip.

I highly recommend that everyone checks the prices every 1-2 weeks until your trip. I have already gotten a credit from Southwest Airlines because the fares went down. I haven't seen fares this low in years. I just got a lower rate at the PVI tonight. So far I have saved $150 by watching the rates and I have 4 months to go!

We are staying at Desert Inn & Suites in September. In January we stayed at Park Vue Inn and loved being so close, so that is an important factor for me. Desert Inn is cheaper, well rated, and if I learnt one thing from my last trip it's that we literally just sleep and shower at the hotel. We were in the parks open to close.

Updating mine, I just switched back to Park Vue for September, since their price dropped and it was almost the same price. I prefer an outdoor pool and make-your-own waffles :)

We're heading over late November and staying at Paradise Pier for 5 days, and then we're going somewhere else for a week, and then back to Disneyland and staying in the Disneyland Hotel for a few days before heading home. The kids desperately wanted to stay at Paradise Pier and I've always wanted to stay at the DH, so we're doing both. I love Downtown Disney so wanted to stay on property. And this is a special trip so we splurged. I can't wait!

We're staying at the Desert Inn and Suites in September. We chose it due to it's proximity to the parks, we are only there for a few days so plan to hit the parks from open to close to literally just need a place to sleep!

I'm trying out Cortona Inn near the Convention Center for the Half Marathon weekend, mostly a combination of location and price. This trip is just me and I had the Ramada South booked, but kept reading terrible reviews online. I was able to get Cortona for slightly more and the reviews are much better and it's easy walking distance.

We are staying at the Hilton Anaheim. We stayed there the last time we went and i just prefer having a quiet room. We have stayed at the BW Raffles but it seems people don't care to keep quiet as they arrive in the middle of the night or we can hear them partying in their room. The hotel it self was ok just not the atmospehere. My family always chooses the Hilton ever since we stayed there. And its always cheaper than any BW

After a great stay at HOJO for July 4th weekend we have enough points for a free night there for Thanksgiving plus 3 more nights with a great AP rate. Since we drive more than fly and rarely eat breakfast since we usually make rope drop it was a no brainer. Under $600 for 4 nights is a steal !

We stayed at the Homewood Suites(by the Toy Story lot) this past January. It was just OK to us, not enough breakfast for race weekend, not enough parking, and just overall noisy. This coming January we are reserved at the Homewood Maingate, just a few blocks further down Harbour. We'll use ART for Disney trips, which is free for race folks. That plus we get a suite and breakfast for under $500 for 5 nights total, I'll take it.

My cousin and I have decided to do a trip in September and have the Tropicana booked. I've stayed there before and like it!

We have always stayed on property but on our trip in September we are going to try Best Western Parks Plus Inn. We are saving quite a bit of money and seems we will be closer to the park entrance. I will miss DTD being right there for breakfast on our way to rope drop and I'm expecting longer lines to get through security

We're going September 17-24 and staying at the Fairfield Inn, which has been our hotel of choice for the past 6-7 trips. The Fairfield has always been consistent in quality and cleanliness, plus it's very nice to have Mimi's Cafe, Panera Bread, and McDonalds right outside the hotel.

And I think I may be changing to the Park Vue Inn... We may want to extend our trip by a day and the BW is booked. Plus the PVI has bunk beds for the kids, so no fighting over who has to sleep on the pullout sofa! Anyone have experience with this hotel?

And I think I may be changing to the Park Vue Inn... We may want to extend our trip by a day and the BW is booked. Plus the PVI has bunk beds for the kids, so no fighting over who has to sleep on the pullout sofa! Anyone have experience with this hotel?

We've stayed at PVI 3 times so far and have nothing bad to say about it!

Checking into the Disneyland hotel on Sunday and staying for 8 nights. We stayed there two years ago after a few stays at HoJos and I'm not sure we can go back to Harbor now. The pools are great, proximity to DTD, relatively close monorail access, and the biggest perk of all being early entry each day.

I've never stayed there, but I saw in a thread here yesterday http://www.disboards.com/threads/specific-hotel-ranking-list-anaheim.3525104/#post-56065201 that Park Vue was the number one hotel listed in the blog for places to stay at Disneyland.

Just got back and we stayed at the Park Vue Inn. We had the queen with bunk beds. It was fabulous. Clean rooms, great staff, decent breakfast, and right across the street! I give it five stars and would definitely stay in it again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter