Where did your childhood scar come from?

Right Forearm. My dad was hanging a suspended ceiling in the basement. He was leaning the metal framework pieces against a chair where he would cut them to size. He told me to stay away from the metal, that it was sharp, but I was five and obviously didn't listen. When I went running by, I caught my arm on the sharp end and sliced it wide open. I thought I was going to get in trouble (since he had told me to stay away) so I went upstairs to try to stop the bleeding by myself. He followed the very obvious trail of blood to find me. I had to get a lot of stitches and the scar remains over 40 years later.

On my right calf, from falling off a moped when making a right turn on sandy pavement by the beach.

Also have a big circle on my left leg that wont tan due to muffler burn from a motorcycle. I walked up to someone riding one, stopped at a light, to ask for directions (showing him a map) and got too close. OUCH !!!

3 inch scar on my right leg when I slipped while climbing a pile of rocks at a construction site in the 70's.

Not a scar but chipped badly two front teeth going headfirst over handlebars going down steep steep hill on a bike.

I usually post this in wintertime & this iss much more than a scar but neighborhood kid was paralyzed from making a snow angel. He fell back into the snow, and there was a pointy rock underneath. If you are ever gonna make snow angels with kids make sure they gently lay themselves in snow.

I have a scar above my eye because I tripped over our diving board one night after putting my bike in the shed outback. I was in a hurry because the shed was scary at night! It probably needed stitches, but I never got any. It might have even healed up well, except about two weeks later I wrecked on my bike and ripped it right back open. That one was meant to stay with me.

At 4 I hit my chin on the concrete edge of a pool. In middle school Home Ec, somebody put a hot pan in the sink while my hands were in it washing dishes. Sliced a finger open trying to get the plastic off a cassette tape on Christmas day.

I was standing on a doll carriage when I was about a year old and it tipped over. I landed on my chin and split it open, needing stitches.

The one on my forehead came from riding my tricycle off the patio step and going headfirst into an old rusty pot. My grandpa had brought it back from a trip to Alabama, to put flowers in, and my Grandma was ready to kill him since it was so dirty and I needed stitches. My craziest scar is on my leg. When I was about 12, my brother threw a generic Oreo (Hydrox) at me like a ninja star and it sliced my shin open lol.

First: Love this post! Second: 1) small one on left temple from falling of the bed while jumping with my cousin and hitting the nightstand with my head on the way down; 2) small one on my knee from a go-kart crash in middle school (took a turn too hard and when I swiped the wall my knee hit a piece of metal in the car somehow hard enough to split the skin- the doctors really perseverated on whether it was deep enough to warrant stitches, but eventually numbed it and gave me a few)

Ummmm, which one? I have one on a finger where one of my brother's talked me into holding some grass so he could cut it with the lawnmower. It was one of those old fashioned non motorized ones you push that just has blades. Mama wasn't pleased. I have one on my leg from thinking I really needed to shave my legs when I was about 5, Mama wasn't pleased. I have one under my chin where another of my brother's tripped, fell into me, hit the top of my head with his chin thus making me fall and hit my chin on the sidewalk. Mama wasn't pleased. I have one on a toe where another of my brother's (I have 5 older brothers, only girl) dropped a brick on my foot, Mama wasn't pleased. I have a divit in my bottom where another brother shot me with a BB gun. Mama wasn't pleased. Brothers, they sure can cause a lot of trouble for a girl and Mama was never pleased about it. I'm sure the 5th brother caused a scar somewhere but I don't remember, probably blanked it out and I'm sure Mama wasn't pleased.

I have 2...one from when I was born next to my eye and one on my eyebrow from where I smacked my head on a windowsill.

Have one on my right knee from jumping off the roof of our tree house and landing on my knee on the edge of a very sharp large rock. Split me wide open. I am positive it needed stitches but I was terrified of the idea so I covered it with bandaids and wore long pants all summer.

I have an internal one from a sledding accident when I was 8. My sister pushed me down the sledding hill, on my sled, on my stomach, face first but didn't see the bigger older kid on his sled on a collision course. I crashed into his sled face first and cracked his sled in HALF...with my left cheek. I stood up screaming bloody murder and clutching my face. He stood up screaming at me for his mangled sled, took one look at my face and then turned white and took off running. I have a HUGE bruise on the cheek that swelled and turned every color of the rainbow for the rest of the winter. The bone and muscle are actually dented now nearly 40 years later. I can feel the dent if I press on the spot. When I cry or when I'm out in extreme cold, that cheek turns bright red.

The one on my forehead came from riding my tricycle off the patio step and going headfirst into an old rusty pot. My grandpa had brought it back from a trip to Alabama, to put flowers in, and my Grandma was ready to kill him since it was so dirty and I needed stitches. My craziest scar is on my leg. When I was about 12, my brother threw a generic Oreo (Hydrox) at me like a ninja star and it sliced my shin open lol.

Hydrox was actually the original, Oreo was the copycat. My dad was super annoyed when Hydrox were discontinued because he insisted they were better.

Sled riding without a sled. My snowsuit worked perfectly fine...until I went over the broken bottle. 😠

I was mugged at 12 years old. A group of high school aged guys tried to steal my bike. It wasn't even a new bike. It was second-hand, and it wasn't even a color I liked. But it was mine. So after they knocked me off the bike and took it, I got off the ground and chased them screaming bloody murder. Some random guy chased them off and got my bike back. My knees were all bloody and filled with gravel and glass. I still have the ugly scar on my right knee. I rode that bike with the banana seat for another year, and then my parents bought me a new 3-speed bike...still an ugly color. It must have been on sale.

• Smallpox vaccination
  • Thigh from when I flipped my bike and landed on a metal fence post
  • Forehead from when a playmate swung an empty cast iron baby swing at me
  • Little finger from when a kid slammed a heavy bathroom door on it (That was actually in a hospital!)
  • Two fingers where I got too close to a meat slicer
  • Knee from a piece of glass I wasn't aware was actually sticking out of my knee
  • Another forehead scar from when I literally walked into the convex corner where two walls joined together
I was rather well known at the local ER when I was a kid.

The imagination of a child can be a very powerful thing. Such was the case when I had to go to the ER to get my forehead stitched up from being on the receiving end of a cast iron baby swing.

When I got to the ER, the doctor did something that still fascinates me.

Doctor: What is your absolute favorite TV show?
Me: Bonanza!
Doctor: Yeah, me too! Now, what I want you to do is close your eyes real tight and make up your very own Bonanza episode. I want you to tell me every detail about what's happening and who's doing what. Can you do that?
Me: Sure!

So, I closed my eyes and absolutely dove into my imaginary Bonanza episode. I mean, I had details that would make a television writer envious. And I told the doctor all about my own Bonanza episode.

Before I was done, he was! I truly didn't feel a single stitch he put into my head. My imagination took me completely away from what he was doing. Even after almost 45 years, it still fascinates me how involved my imagination got and how I didn't feel a thing the doctor did.

I have a scar in my upper lip from catching batting practice without a mask.

The coach forgot the catcher equipment and decided it was a great idea for this 8 year-old kid to catch BP without any equipment. He was sure I wouldn't get hit by a foul ball. :rolleyes: First batter tipped one back and hit me right in the mouth. Thankfully all it did was split my lip.

These days that kind of gross negligence would've got the coach and the league sued. But back then all it got was a direct conversation between my Dad and the coach and a promise that if anything like that happened again the coach would be the one with a split lip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter