Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

Lower DVC prices are a pie-in-the-sky wonderful thought until the actual layoffs start happening. This has not been a good week.

I think we will finally start to see lower prices, I've seen more companies announce layoff this week :(
So sad
Sad to see the layoffs, and sadder still to see how long this pandemic has impacted all of us. Calendar year-end through early 1st quarter typically sees some price drops anyway, as some sellers decide to want to get out before paying another full year MFs. This could be compounded by the economic impacts. I thought I was very fortunate to get 225 points at SSR for less that $89/PP back in February of this year, but it went even lower for a while, when ROFR was totally suspended. Then, about a month ago, ROFR re-engaged, and I saw SSR contracts taken at $99/PP. o_O But, in light of the current crisis, added to the year-end impact, and the typical election uncertainty we see every 4-years, maybe there will soon be some bargains to be obtained for anyone still in the market to add-on at DVC. (??)

I would call the current AKV pricing "unsustainable". At least relative to the other resorts.

One thing I've learned this summer is that the brokers at DVC Resale Market have a lot of pricing power when they dedicate themselves to a cause and can move the market singlehandedly when the conditions allow for it. That's what happened here IMO - supply got tight and DVCRM decided that the sellers should take pricing and flexed to make it so.

With supply loosening, prices will settle. Eventually.
I have noticed most recently listed AKV contracts In the $120s have been sitting for a couple of weeks now. I suspect they will end up going for a lot less. I agree it is unsustainable and I wouldn’t pay more than $105 for AKV. You can get SSR for $95 for one year less on the contract, the MFs are lower at SSR and you can book AKV with SSR points because there is almost always availability at AKV at 7 months.

I have noticed most recently listed AKV contracts In the $120s have been sitting for a couple of weeks now. I suspect they will end up going for a lot less. I agree it is unsustainable and I wouldn’t pay more than $105 for AKV. You can get SSR for $95 for one year less on the contract, the MFs are lower at SSR and you can book AKV with SSR points because there is almost always availability at AKV at 7 months.

AKV ends in 2057 and SSR is 2054, so 3 years.

Someone said Disney is an escape from real life for them.
For me riding the bus is an escape from real life. We just don’t see too many 🚌 out in the country where we live 😁
Disney has also been improving the buses--many have wifi now, and I like that a big part of their fleet uses renewable fuels. I for one like the buses so long as they run regularly; the only time I don't is when they get super crowded like at night after the evening fireworks when everyone is trying to leave. The monorail can suffer from that a little, also, but not too bad in my experience. I have appreciated the skyliner or walking proximity during those peak times.

But yeah, the buses are good too!

Disney has also been improving the buses--many have wifi now, and I like that a big part of their fleet uses renewable fuels. I for one like the buses so long as they run regularly; the only time I don't is when they get super crowded like at night after the evening fireworks when everyone is trying to leave. The monorail can suffer from that a little, also, but not too bad in my experience. I have appreciated the skyliner or walking proximity during those peak times.

But yeah, the buses are good too!

I'm looking forward to trying out the skyliner. Hopefully it turns out to be a reliable mode of transportation and they expand it over time.

I think Disney missed a trick with the Skyliner, they should have created a subway instead, no weather issues and they could have themed it like Space Mountain

How cool!8-)
Lol, I think you're joking? But just in case: FL is a swamp, you can't have a subway (or basements or anything too deep underground). You'll just hit water.

Fun fact: the MK utilidoor "tunnels" are actually were the ground level was, everything on top was built on dirt dug out to create the Seven Seas Lagoon. They wanted MK and the castle to be higher ground and visible from a distance

Lol, I think you're joking? But just in case: FL is a swamp, you can't have a subway (or basements or anything too deep underground). You'll just hit water.

Fun fact: the MK utilidoor "tunnels" are actually were the ground level was, everything on top was built on dirt dug out to create the Seven Seas Lagoon. They wanted MK and the castle to be higher ground and visible from a distance
Yes, it was tongue in cheek, it could end up a bit more like Nemo and Friends than Space Mountain.

There are some insane prices on there in comparison to the deals we DISBoarders can get.
Make you wonder if people even haggle at all 🤷‍♀️
I think people posting here tend to be a bit more willing to negotiate and take their time but I also think people are less likely to post something that they feel they overpaid on than if they think they got a good deal. This can skew the numbers here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter