Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

Going resale was winning most of the battle, not a few bucks at the end.
Yes, I agree I just meant that our DIS averages must be lower than theirs.

I know www.dvcresalemarket.com is on the high side anyway, within 1 minute of looking I can see a 100pt AKV for $115, so not hard to beat their prices.

Last edited:
Disney has also been improving the buses--many have wifi now, and I like that a big part of their fleet uses renewable fuels. I for one like the buses so long as they run regularly; the only time I don't is when they get super crowded like at night after the evening fireworks when everyone is trying to leave. The monorail can suffer from that a little, also, but not too bad in my experience. I have appreciated the skyliner or walking proximity during those peak times.

But yeah, the buses are good too!

All of this. The only gripe I have about SSR is the bussing situation. It isn't even that buses are the only transportation option to the parks, I realize there is a boat to Disney Springs, the issue I have is the resort is so stinking huge that there are multiple internal bus stops before you even leave the resort to head to the parks. Actually, it isn't the multiple stops before you leave the resort it is the multiple stops before you get to your stop after park closing that really stinks.

Otherwise we love the resort and would have no issues whatsoever staying there. We just adore the Skyliner.

Oh man, the trend for AKV o_O

Precisely why we put ours up for sale. Those prices... we'd make a fair bit over what we bought it for, and if we still want it in a year or two, we can jump back in when (I think, anyway) there could be a glut of contracts on the market, depressing prices.

Yes, I agree I just meant that our DIS averages must be lower than theirs.

I know www.dvcresalemarket.com is on the high side anyway, within 1 minute of looking I can see a 100pt AKV for $115, so not hard to beat their prices.

I can see why sellers would want to list with www.dvcresalemarket.com with their inflated list prices, and their instant purchase price nonsense. Maybe it's the NJ in me, but everything about real estate pricing is negotiable, and their prices and attempts to dissuade me from offering low have led me to reconsider offering for more than one of their listings that caught my eye.

I offered low and bought from that site. It's not surprising to anyone that this is a negotiation.
Everyone's experience is going to be different.
I simply dislike how they use the instant sale price - if they wanted to buy it, then just buy it, don't bother listing it only to get jealous a lower offer came in that the seller may be willing to accept. Perhaps it was just the alignment of Mercury that the interaction with the agent rubbed me the wrong way, but it didn't inspire confidence, YMMV.

I think people posting here tend to be a bit more willing to negotiate and take their time but I also think people are less likely to post something that they feel they overpaid on than if they think they got a good deal. This can skew the numbers here.
I think the big issue with these reports and why they are often misleading when it comes to average price per point is that small point contracts get added to the average with the same weight as the rest. When you sell a 50 point Beach Club contract at $169 and a 200 point contract at $131, you get an average resale price of $150, but $150 per point doesn't really represent what the market actually is for Beach Club contracts.

I think the big issue with these reports and why they are often misleading when it comes to average price per point is that small point contracts get added to the average with the same weight as the rest. When you sell a 50 point Beach Club contract at $169 and a 200 point contract at $131, you get an average resale price of $150, but $150 per point doesn't really represent what the market actually is for Beach Club contracts.
Yes but then you also have large contracts at lower prices that help average that out. I know it's not a weighted average (otherwise it would actually give too much weight to large contracts) but it gives a bit of a picture. The other thing to consider is that with a company like this there are a lot of sales which will help to balance the scale. A small company, or a resort with an extremely low number of sales, is going to be thrown off by one contract selling high or low. When you have as many sales as they do it does tend to give a reasonable average. Yes on a given month you could have a whole bunch of small sales and the next a whole bunch of large sales but the numbers have generally not had huge swings month to month because of the number of contracts sold. The key is to watch the trends. Also, right in their article it states that factors such as size of contract, points available, etc. can cause variances in sale prices.

All of this. The only gripe I have about SSR is the bussing situation. It isn't even that buses are the only transportation option to the parks, I realize there is a boat to Disney Springs, the issue I have is the resort is so stinking huge that there are multiple internal bus stops before you even leave the resort to head to the parks. Actually, it isn't the multiple stops before you leave the resort it is the multiple stops before you get to your stop after park closing that really stinks.

Otherwise we love the resort and would have no issues whatsoever staying there. We just adore the Skyliner.
When you go to SSR just request Grandstand, first on, first off. Problem with Skyliner is when it stops, could be for 2 min, could be 20 min, you'll never know and it's too late to get off

When you go to SSR just request Grandstand, first on, first off. Problem with Skyliner is when it stops, could be for 2 min, could be 20 min, you'll never know and it's too late to get off

I know. We stayed in Grandstand before. I greatly preferred it to the Springs section. But even in the Grandstand section you have to hit all the stops before heading to the park. We just prefer the Skyliner.

I think people posting here tend to be a bit more willing to negotiate and take their time but I also think people are less likely to post something that they feel they overpaid on than if they think they got a good deal. This can skew the numbers here.

And look I’ve always wondering if everyone posting is 100% honest with what they are paying. It is the internet after all and there is always a few people who want to “win”. There are deals to be had, and some people are desperate to sell, but I just question it sometimes. And honestly most brokers like a decent real estate agent will advise their client if they are getting a fair offer or not. If certain sites are listing at “high” prices, they are only doing so because they are selling at those prices and getting the best deal for their client. I can’t figure out why people on this board get mad about that. If you were the seller you would of course want someone getting you the most money that they could for your points.

And look I’ve always wondering if everyone posting is 100% honest with what they are paying. It is the internet after all and there is always a few people who want to “win”. There are deals to be had, and some people are desperate to sell, but I just question it sometimes. And honestly most brokers like a decent real estate agent will advise their client if they are getting a fair offer or not. If certain sites are listing at “high” prices, they are only doing so because they are selling at those prices and getting the best deal for their client. I can’t figure out why people on this board get mad about that. If you were the seller you would of course want someone getting you the most money that they could for your points.

Doesn't the agent have to legally represent both the buyer and seller? I know each state is different, but for some reason I though the DVC resale agents had to represent both.

I put in a few low-ball offers with different agencies, as far as I can tell they faithfully presented the offers. For the one I bought, the agent called me back with the counter offer close to my asking price... and admitted they were surprised.

I would think (hope) most people posting their ROFR here are being honest, as the purpose is to help others get an idea of actual selling price and what price risks being taken. But yeah, it's the internet - all sorts of illogical things happen... and on that point, I could understand some people not wanting to post an above average purchase price if they felt they would be judged.

Doesn't the agent have to legally represent both the buyer and seller? I know each state is different, but for some reason I though the DVC resale agents had to represent both.

I put in a few low-ball offers with different agencies, as far as I can tell they faithfully presented the offers. For the one I bought, the agent called me back with the counter offer close to my asking price... and admitted they were surprised.

I would think (hope) most people posting their ROFR here are being honest, as the purpose is to help others get an idea of actual selling price and what price risks being taken. But yeah, it's the internet - all sorts of illogical things happen... and on that point, I could understand some people not wanting to post an above average purchase price if they felt they would be judged.
They are supposed to present offers from buyers, but they should also be advising their clients on what market price is and if the offer they are presenting is in that range.

Slightly off topic but anyone else scour the DVC resale pages just to sometimes get a good chuckle at list prices are are totally unrealistic? For example, I won’t name the site but I recently came across a 160 point BLT contract (not loaded) that’s asking $165/point. 😂 Someone needs to make the seller aware of recent market dynamics.

hmmm.. if you look at ROFR thread from June-Sept, AKV does not get anywhere near the dvcresales "sales" pricing. maybe they have lots of small AKV contracts, for which I could see the higher pricing. I don't recall seeing anyone on disboards paying $118-120 for a 160 points in the summer.

Last edited:
I see a lot of contracts (especially AKV) listed at higher prices, but I suspect the ones that get sold are going for less. From my personal experience, I made an offer on a contract that was (IMO) overpriced.

I offered $20 less pp than asking. The owner countered by reducing $5 pp.

I conveyed that my original offer was the best I could do. I was prepared for the seller to say they wouldn't come down that much, but was surprised to hear later that day that my offer had been accepted.

It’s possible that there are some posters who don’t tell the truth about the price they paid, but you can still see trends in pricing on these boards, even if the odd duck is lying for some bizarre reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter