• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to get beignets now?

We were there yesterday and I didn’t see them on the menu….. but I may have just missed them. Maybe I was looking at the wrong place. It was nuts yesterday! My 7 year old is unhappy Mint Julep is closed, so I’m thrilled to see that menu screen shot. It will make our day trips so much more pleasant. 😂
For whatever it's worth, neither mint juleps nor beignets were listed on the mobile order menu for the veranda yesterday, but they're definitely there today. Maybe they started today instead.

For whatever it's worth, neither mint juleps nor beignets were listed on the mobile order menu for the veranda yesterday, but they're definitely there today. Maybe they started today instead.

Ha! Ok, so I’m not crazy!!! Mobile order was completely wonky yesterday. I had to delete the app and restart my phone to get it to work.

Limit 2 orders per person (6 beignets), “while supplies last”. My husband and I ended up ordering from our separate accounts so our party of 6 could eat two beignets each. This was a little challenging, since we didn’t know about the limit and had to coordinate pick-up windows. That said, we’re happy to have them back!

How do the mickey beignets compare to the Jazz Express ones anyway? I've never tried the ones outside the park.

Sheesh, so much hate on the ones inside. I happen to enjoy them.

I’ll have to try the ones outside now then, though you guys have set the bar pretty high at this point.

I’ll have to try the ones outside now then, though you guys have set the bar pretty high at this point.
Excuse the hyperbole 😁. I actually like both kinds, in the doughnut example as well. While I prefer the authentic beignets from JK, the Mickeys are also good!

I love the ones inside especially now that they are so popular because they are always hot and fresh.

But the ones at Jazz Kitchen are more authentic. Also heavier and greasier than the Mickey ones inside.

How do the mickey beignets compare to the Jazz Express ones anyway? I've never tried the ones outside the park.

I definitely prefer the Mickey beignets to Jazz Kitchen Express greasy pucks. 🤢 I love how light and airy the Mickey ones are! Just thinking about those grease bombs is making me nauseous. 😵‍💫🥴

I don’t understand the hype over the Jazz Kitchen beignets…. For me the gold standard are the beignets from Cafe du Monde in New Orleans- from the actual cafe, not the box mix, and the ones from JK don’t even come close. They are so greasy.

I don’t understand the hype over the Jazz Kitchen beignets…. For me the gold standard are the beignets from Cafe du Monde in New Orleans- from the actual cafe, not the box mix, and the ones from JK don’t even come close. They are so greasy.
A bit off topic, but the last several times we’ve been to Cafe du Monde, they were pretty lackluster. They were lukewarm and suuuper greasy. We discovered a place in the market, just a few blocks down, that makes them to order so they’re hot and fresh. We won’t go back to CdM after trying those. It’s worth a shot next time you’re there!

Cafe du Monde is the experience sitting there under the canopy by the square with a plate of beignets and coffee. -- Just like the experience at Mint Julep with the Jazz band playing.

You're probably right the place down Market maybe better food and Market walking itself is close to it; like eating a Po'boy on the curb -- uniquely New Orleans vibe.

A bit off topic, but the last several times we’ve been to Cafe du Monde, they were pretty lackluster. They were lukewarm and suuuper greasy. We discovered a place in the market, just a few blocks down, that makes them to order so they’re hot and fresh. We won’t go back to CdM after trying those. It’s worth a shot next time you’re there!

Ok, well THAT is completely depressing. It’s been a few years since we’ve been to New Orleans…. But last time they were perfection. There’s a place down from the Monteleone that makes great beignets. Can’t remember the name. It’s a small place.

The worst part about the Disney beignets is the flavorless, empty pastry. The second worst part is before moving they were sold near the worst smelling bathroom in all the land.

Seriously what is going on with the New Orleans bathrooms? 🤢

The worst part about the Disney beignets is the flavorless, empty pastry. The second worst part is before moving they were sold near the worst smelling bathroom in all the land.

Seriously what is going on with the New Orleans bathrooms? 🤢
I have zero evidence to back it up, but I would suspect that it is mostly to do with just how busy that part of the park is. You're probably better off heading up to Galaxy's Edge or Rancho most of the time.

It’s partially open, I think. I have a reservation there on 2/18! And I think it’s going to have more of a California “vibe” to it, but still the New Orleans inspired menu.
When we were there last week, the server stated that there would also no longer be live entertainment. Also, no more garlic cheese bread. Or cornbread.

I have zero evidence to back it up, but I would suspect that it is mostly to do with just how busy that part of the park is. You're probably better off heading up to Galaxy's Edge or Rancho most of the time.
Worst:
DL: New Orleans -
DCA: Avengers campus

Best:
DL: Autotopia -
DCA: Disney Jr playhouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter