Votes: 3 4.8%
  • AKL

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • AoA

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters

Tink_83

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide which resort to choose. Really it's down to CBR vs AKL BUT my 7 year old DD is lobbying for AoA so I figured I'd throw it into the mix. Really, for me, it's the resort amenities. Specifically the pools. I am planning a trip in July and want a few resort days where I'm actually relaxing at the resort. We have younger kids so DD7 and DS2. Opinions and suggestions are always welcome and if you have another favorite tell me! TIA

Definitely AKL. It has two feature pools with nice waterslides and hot tubs, one at Jambo and one at Kidani. And all guests of Jambo and Kidani are allowed to use them both. They even offer a free shuttle to take guests back and forth between Jambo & Kidani, though you can walk if you like. AKL is beautiful and has good restaurants: the Mara is my favorite resort quick service. And of course, the animals are amazing at AKL. We got a standard view room, but still had animals outside our balcony 24/7 because we were on the Kudu Trail.

Trying to decide which resort to choose. Really it's down to CBR vs AKL BUT my 7 year old DD is lobbying for AoA so I figured I'd throw it into the mix. Really, for me, it's the resort amenities. Specifically the pools. I am planning a trip in July and want a few resort days where I'm actually relaxing at the resort. We have younger kids so DD7 and DS2. Opinions and suggestions are always welcome and if you have another favorite tell me! TIA
Quite honestly This isn't even close..If $$$ isn't the factor than AKL/V by far over the other 2..
Amenities,pools,restaurants,Grounds,CM's,and lastly----> ANIMALS!!!! :teeth:
Sure it's off the beaten path, but that's part of the allure if u ask me. It's like a vacation from a vacation quite frankly... when staying here... I can go on & on, but for now I'll cut it short.!! The other 2 have the Gondolas, which is a nice plus but, to me AKL is the place.

Out of your choices I think AKL has the nicest pool ( and the kids would like the animals ) but I think AoA would also be a good option IF you were doing one of the family suites ( like the Lion King or Cars rooms ). The pool here is also really nice and I love all the photo ops around the resort.

Both AKL and CBR are good choices. I’d have a look at UTube video. Both have zero entry pools and water play area. Slides. CBR pool is themed like a Spanish Fort aka Pirates of the Caribbean.

If your biggest want of amenities is the pool, and you're willing to pay deluxe prices anyways, I'd also recommend looking at Stormalong Bay at the Yacht/Beach Club resorts. Kids were 6 and 7 the year we stayed there, and they absolutely loved that pool system. There's a beach in the pool, so your 2 year old can play making sand castles, etc.. A lazy river, couple of slides, etc... Not sure how it measures up to the rest of your wants, but pool wise, it's the one of the ones my family loves the most. Every trip we plan now I always take those two resorts into consideration when I'm pricing them out, hoping again for a deal like we got before.

AKL is lovely but when we stayed there I made the mistake of booking a standard room and hoping for a good view. We didn't get it. I think that's one resort where paying for the view you want is essential. It's a very nice resort with great amenities and fabulous food, which I would suggest any day over a value (even one as cool as AoA) but if you're hoping for a room with a great view of the animals, then book that category. Without the animal view, it doesn't feel quite as special IMO.

This. is a difficult choice, but my vote went to AKL because you said that resort amenities were a priority. The deluxe resorts definitely offer more and better amenities than the moderate (CBR) or value (AOA) resorts. That said, the pool at CBR is very nice for the 2-7 age group and the Skyliner is a great means of transportation that will bring you easily to Epcot, DHS and AOA (nice for DD to visit) and POP Century. Also, when staying at CBR you would be within walking distance of the new Riviera resort.

I would probably let discounts, availability and budget decide between AKL and CBR. Everything being equal, I would choose the AKL but Significant savings would see me at CBR.

I'd definitely still try to visit the other resort (though I have a mini grudge against AoA for getting rid of the surf and surf burger) while it is daylight and (relatively) cooler. You can't use the other pool but they are both neat resorts to visit.

Since you have 2 young kids, I vote for AoA. You will not have hot tubs or pool slides, but the pools at AoA are pretty cool - especially for kids! (*** The main feature pool at AoA was supposed to be closed for refurbishment this fall - so keep this in mind as you make your selection) There is a big splash area, playground, pool with music piped in at the Finding Nemo section. The Cars pool is super cool. But - for your little princess - there is a Little Mermaid section with pool that is super, super cool. Family suites are really nice - the Little Mermaid rooms are some of the coolest theming I've seen around Disney resorts. Of course, you have the skyliner close by, and AoA has a food court.
CBR and AKL have quick service dining, but it will be slower and have less selection. Keep this in mind!
CBR has fun pirate-themed rooms. AKL has great views of the animals. I highly recommend springing for the savannah-view rooms if you are planning time in your room. AKL will also be the only of the three resorts that has balconies. It's always nice to sit there and watch the animals doing their thing.
Any of the resorts you pick will be fantastic. Enjoy your trip!

AKL is so far and above the other two resorts that it gets my vote, hands down. It is massively themed, with lovely grounds and so much to see and do, especially for the little ones. It was, and remains years later, my kids' favorite resort.

I have stayed at and have enjoyed all 3. If your priorities are resort relaxation and amenities, I give the nod to AKL. All have their selling points, however. Aoa is adorable for kids and now has the skyliner, as does CBR. Both are considerably cheaper that AKL, assuming you would be staying in a LM room. They are all great resorts in their own right, but if price isn't a factor I would pick AKL for the dining options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter