Caribbean Beach Resort vs Animal Kingdom Lodge vs Art of Animation

• CBR

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • AKL

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • AoA

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
I would go for AOA because that’s your daughter’s choice!

And that was the decision we had to make too on our first trip! My dream was always AKL with savannah view for WDW. But my kids (7 & 9) at the time, really wanted the Nemo pool and over the top theming. So we went with AOA and it was so fun and SOOO Disney. They loved hanging out at the resort on rest days in the different pool areas and having a Cars Cone for the day!

They are only little once and they grow so very very fast. This next trip we’re also doing a kids choice (All Star Sports) which I would never choose on my own. But they are soooo excited by the theming. And if a Value makes them so happy now then I will save my Deluxe dollars for later.😝

We've stayed at AKL Kidani village and AoA and would recommend AKL hands down. I'm afraid I would not return to AoA. We only stayed because my nephew wanted a cars suite, so we ticked that box for him. The food court was quite nice, and the large shop was lovely to look around, but it just doesn't have the same feel as AKL, where I would go back in a heartbeat.

How about you just visit AoA? We hire a car so have visited several times to enjoy the theming again and dine in the food court, but you could uber it or catch the bus, if you have the time.

Last edited:
I just don't think moderates are worth it, imo. The rooms are slightly bigger than values for like double the price... only plus to CBR is the skyliner, but AoA has that too. To me, either shell out the money for the deluxe resort, or go with a value. If you want the best pool, go to beach or yacht club.

The thing with AoA is, often it’s the same price as the Deluxes, despite it being a ‘value’ resort. As soon as you get out of those Mermaid rooms things get real expensive, real fast.
True, but it’s the only non-DVC rooms on property with two bathrooms. (Unless you get two rooms.) Really, really nice with teens. But the pool and water play area at AKL are awesome too. We enjoy both resorts a lot.

I’d go deluxe if I had the choice. Never been to AKL since we are hardcore Epcot resorts people but AKL might be the first resort we try if we venture out. And like others have said unless you have older kids and your family needs 2 bathrooms AoA seems sooooo pricey for a value when I look for availability!!!!

True, but it’s the only non-DVC rooms on property with two bathrooms. (Unless you get two rooms.) Really, really nice with teens. But the pool and water play area at AKL are awesome too. We enjoy both resorts a lot.
Ah, never realized they were 2 bathrooms. Yeah, even the cabins at FW are only 1.

I say Art of Animation! Your kids are the perfect age to stay there. You could stay at the others when they're older. But if this is a once in a lifetime trip I say CBR because I like being close to the parks. Never stayed at AKL for that reason.

AKL by a long shot, for reasons already listed. There are also a lot of kids activities. The lobby alone will make you say "wow"

AKL is great for a non-park day with the scenery and activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter