Who did you use to buy Euro Disney Shares?

Bilboo

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Thinking of taking the plunge and buying some EuroDisney (as they're still know) shares.

I've just tried to use my normal share dealer (Halifax) and they tell me I can't buy them as they are 'residual'.

Can anyone out there help, plus give me some idea of costs - I'm thinking of buying 1000?

Thanks in advance.
Bilboo

I bought a few weeks ago over the phone with Nationwide. It cost me 11.5p per share, plus charges of £20.

Don't know about the residual bit?! :confused3

Hi again,

Bexx and Cyrano, thanks for getting back to me - much appreciated.

I tried ComDirect and got the same answer as Halifax, the shares are now classed as residual which means they couldn't buy them electronically - only paper based certificates can be traded.

Anyway I tried StockTrade (who Nationwide use) and they were able to get me 1000 shares at 10p each, plus £25 charges. They'll get a confirmation to me quickly but the certificate could take a couple of months, again down to the 'residual' problem.

Cheers
Bilboo

Hi,

My confirmation arrived yesterday, now the owner of 1000 Euro Disney shares.

Salon Mickey here I come!!!!

Cheers
Bilboo

Great news. When I sent in my application to Shareholders Club it only too 4 weeks before I got club card.

Will be visiting Salon Mickey myself for first time this summer :cool1:

Reid

My confirmation arrived yesterday, now the owner of 1000 Euro Disney shares.

Salon Mickey here I come!!!!

Congratulations Bilboo! :Pinkbounc Glad you managed to buy your shares in the end!!

Hi again,

Sharesholder Club carrd arrvied yesterday, looks like I just managed to get in before the change in conditions to needing 2000 shares without being charged.

Just put the card in my wallet so feeling very important now!

Cheers

Hi

I'd like to buy some shares for DH for Fathers Day. I can buy them over the phone with Stocktrade

We leave for DLP in five weeks. I assume that we will not be able to organise everything in time to be members of the Shareholders club by then. Would we still be able to get discount on the Annual passes?
Which discount is greater on hotels ,Annual pass discount or Shareholders discount? Hope this makes sense

If you buy your shares today, you MIGHT get your share certificate in time to fax the application form to the Shareholders Club. They will get back to you within a day and probably give you your club number if you ask. Your membership card won't arrive until a few weeks after that, but your number may be enough - hopefully. But it's how long the share certificate takes to arrive which is the main factor.

Bilboo - I've been REALLY lucky as well!!

Thanks Bexx

I have bought some for my DH !
icon12.gif

Keep my fingers crossed now that everything else will fall into place
icon7.gif

Becky and Bilboo, great news!:sunny:

Dee, I would have thought that you could fax a copy of your contract note to the club. Surely they only need proof that you have bought the shares. When I bought my shares the certificate took about six weeks to come but I received the contract note in about 3 days. I would certainly try faxing the contract note to them, if they won't accept it at least you will have tried.

Dee, the shareholders discount on classic packages and room only is now 10% all year round. With annual passes I think there is only a discount at certain times ie. non-busy times! You can also combine the discount when buying multiple annual passes. We're buying 5 Dream passes so we will get a discount of 25% for buying 5, then the shareholders discount of 15% deducted from that! I like it when I save money!:teeth:

Elaine - Thanks for your reply, I don't get the bit about combining the discount when buying multiple Annual passes ( sorry ) If we buy 3 dream passes how much discount do we get? Then we get 15% discount from that....... der..:confused3 How I wish now that I hadn't copied my best friend when we did maths in school
icon8.gif

I gather that you only get hotel discounts if you buy the Dream Annual pass, do you need to buy the more expensive pass if you can get 10% with the Shareholder club?

Once last question (sorry) Is it only the Shareholder who can use Salon Mickey for breakfast or can you take "guests" in to? ie DW & DS

Here's some of the Salon Mickey rules -

"Salon Mickey is an exclusive privilege for Members of the Shareholders’ Club, who may be accompanied by

either a spouse or partner, children and parents, up to a limit of 4 guests per visit

or 3 guests other than the above-mentioned persons, when space in Salon Mickey allows, and only if the Member’s guests have admission passports for one of the Theme Parks, to be validated on the same day.

Salon Mickey offers Shareholders’ Club Members a light snack, which must be eaten on the premises. No food or beverage may be taken outside.

Each shareholder may use Salon Mickey up to 5 times per month.

For safety reasons, the capacity of Salon Mickey is limited to 30 persons. Direct access to Disneyland® Park will be given on request to the Cast Member in charge of Salon Mickey and on presentation of a validated Park passport."

I've got everything crossed that it all works for you!!

You will have to bear with me because I am trying to translate from the Annual pass brochure which is in French!!! How I wish I had paid more attention at school, I only just scraped a French O level! LOL There is a discount if you buy 3 or more annual passes. On Dream passes, it is 15% for 3, 20% for 4, 25% for 5 and 30% for 6 or more. On Fantasy passes, it is 10% for 3, 15% for 4, 20% for 5 and 25% for 6 or more. So if you buy 3 Dream passes you will get a discount of 15%, then a shareholder discount of 15% deducted from that. If you buy 3 Fantasy passes you get a discount of 10%, then the shareholder one. There would be no point buying the more expensive Dream passes if you were only buying them to get the hotel discount, the shareholders discount would give you 10%. We are going to have to buy Dream passports because you can bet your bottom dollar that Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day will end up being black-out days and we could not take the risk of not being able to get into the parks then!!!

You can take up to 4 members of your immediate family OR up to 3 friends into Salon Mickey with you.

I hope I have made this a little clearer.:sunny:

Dee,

I sent a photocopy of my contract note when I applied for the Shareholders Club so you should be able to get your application in quickly.

I still haven't received my Share Certificate although they did say at the time it may take a couple of months.

Hope you manage to get your Club account opened in time.

Not sure if this helps or confuses things really so i'll just post it and get my coat!

EURO DISNEY DEP RECEIPTS EUR0.01
Chart
ISIN FR0009317670
Symbol EUD.ISE
Market London Domestic Quotes
Category Stock

Current data
Latest price 8.50
Last update 07:59 10/06
Change since last close +0.50 (+6.25 %)
Bid Offer
Price 7.00 10.00
Time 07:59 10/06 07:59 10/06
Volume 0 0
Company data
Sector Leisure, Entertainment & Hotels
SEDOL 0322599
Currency British Pence
Security type UK Equity
Market capitalisation -
Dividend/share -
P/E ratio (in accordance with FRS3) -

Historic trading activity
Date 10/06 09/06
Today's open 9.00 8.50
Today's high 8.50 10.00
Today's low 8.50 8.50
Spot rate - -
Latest price 8.50 8.50
Change since last close +0.50 (+6.25 %) +0.00 (+0.00%)
Number of trades 7 4
Trading volume (value) £492.06 -
Shares traded 5,789 15,629
Statistics
20D 52W
Average price 8.27 15.28
Average volume £532.43 £1,383.99
Volatility 57.47 120.07
This year 52W
Highest price 15.50 24.50
Lowest price 6.50 6.50

Relative performance to
FTSE All Share
Benchmark change over 1 day -0.08%
Benchmark change over 1 week -0.19%
Benchmark change over 1 month -2.60%
Benchmark change over 3 months -11.12%
Benchmark change over 1 year -73.34%
20D 52W
Beta factor -0.28 0.07
Correlation -0.03 0.00

Thanks to everyone for all your help. Hopefully contract will arrive in the next couple of days. Thanks Ware Bears for sorting out my maths re passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter